Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Gran Turismo 6

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced Gran Turismo 6, the latest version of PlayStation's best-selling franchise, will be released in the holiday season, 2013. The news was revealed today by Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi at an event held to celebrate 15 years of the top-selling series.

"GT6 for PlayStation 3 will bring new levels of authenticity to 'the Real Driving Simulator' as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface," a press statement read.

"A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content."

The game is also set for connectivity with devices such as smartphones and tablets for social and community functions.

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5 will be retained in GT6. But notable additions to the line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online.

Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalise their own custom cars in-game as well.

The UK's Silverstone Circuit will be one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them being new.

New tracks are also set to be made available online, while the course maker has also seen improvements.

The press statement confirmed that the GT Academy series, which sees Nissan and Sony team up to find real racing drivers, will be returning.

Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tyre manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive.

"It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo," explained Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit.

"Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We're pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform.

Hopefully this time they improve the god awful AI from GT5.

I also would of thought this would of been a PS4 game.

This will be the game GT5 should have been i.e. finished. Releasing on PS3 is also a strange decision.

I won't bother with this because I find the Gran Turismo franchise rather idiosyncratic and downright strange in some ways. It's a driving game not a racing game.

As I race mainly offline, GT5 was woefully inadequate at providing any kind of excitement or challenge against the AI.

GT Planet Twitter

"Kaz would like to show more, but we have to save something for E3 he says! :)"
https://twitter.com/gtplanetnews

Smell like PS4 version

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trailer

YouTube - Gran Turismo 6 - Trailer d'annonce

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots

gran-turismo-6-t6-ima-1368634698.jpg

gran-turismo-6-gt6-images-1368634644.jpg

gran-turismo-6-gt6-image-1368634637.jpg

gran-turismo-6-gt6-imag-1368634623.jpg

gran-turismo-6-gt6-im-1368634614.jpg

gran-turismo-6-gran-turismo-6201305-15-13002600-1368635662.jpg

gran-turismo-6-gt6-image-1368636037.jpg

gran-turismo-6-gt6-imag-1368636028.jpg

gran-turismo-6-gt6-im-1368636021.jpg

gran-turismo-6-image-gt6-1368636015.jpg

Last edited:
Was hoping PD was going to announce a new Tourist Trophy game:CRY:
Ah well, hopefully the crappy career mode is overhauled and the AI will be addressed so that there is actually realistic/fun racing in the game. Rallying in GT needs a serious overhaul too.

not sure, they are so obsessed with the easthetic of the game that they forget the gameplay part.

not sure, they are so obsessed with the easthetic of the game that they forget the gameplay part.

This has been the problem with GT5 for a while. Forza is equally guilty as well. GT5 was great fun online but if not for this I don't think I would have played A-spec - it was so painfully dull.

GT5 was too large a project and lost focus. 1000+ cars means nothing to me when 80% of them looked like PS2 ports and the engine sounds are completely unrealistic.

Looks gorgeous:)) AI looks a tad better too. Still the excessive screeching of tires in minor turns though:II

Engine sounds haven't improved at all from the videos I've seen. That was a major turn-off in GT5.

I'm still yet to be convinced as to what GT6 is bringing that couldn't have been delivered in a big DLC update.

Can't see any point buying this, have GT5 Academy Edition, what's the point of buying another PS3 GT? Will it suddenly manage 7 AI opponents in 2 player split screen races? Only thing that would make me buy it.

Engine sounds haven't improved at all from the videos I've seen. That was a major turn-off in GT5.

I'm still yet to be convinced as to what GT6 is bringing that couldn't have been delivered in a big DLC update.

Engine sounds are the main issue I have nowadays with GT.

No excuse when even amateur modders can do better.

Not impressed with the demo. Poor frame rate and sense of speed for starters... Like drivin' a loaf of bread.

Handling feels better, at least with these cars. Less like blocks of concrete on I've.

Horrible demo cars though, slow as crap.

New micro transaction details have been released the most expensive car on the game will set you back £120.

The main problem though with GT is the AI hasn't improved since the original GT and that's why I sold GT 5 pretty much instantly as the AI was very poor. They might of improved it for GT6 but only played it very briefly at Eurogamer and don't remember it much.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-hands-on/

Sounds like it has been improved.

The beef commenters seem to have with the micro-transactions seems very black and white, mob-led rather than rational. For me, the problem with micro-transactions in full price games is not that they exist at all, but that game assets are being deliberately held back behind a paywall, rather than being freely available to you once you buy the game as they were in the past.

Ultimately it merely sounds like you're being charged to cheat in single-player, but you're not paying through the nose for stuff that should rightfully be yours and the game hasn't been made more of a grind than GT5 currently is, with £500k seasonals etc. Just shy of 1,200 cars is far more than I'm ever going to need, and it seems like there are no tracks being held back, cars can still be won as prizes, and the extent of the improvement of the handling means that driving is so much more fun, going by the GT6 Academy demo. I was rubbish at it with my gamepad and 0 assists, spinning out if I squeeze R2 around 46% instead of 45%, but I kept on loading it up day after day, trying to get anything like a respectable lap.

People put things in perspective of the most expensive car, but I don't really understand why, when the chief purpose of this is to give somebody a leg up rather than get them to instantly win the game. £20M is the current maximum amount of money you can have in-game - getting that amount of money in GT should be a hell of an achievement, rather than something you can chuck a tenner at and gain in an instant. If you're obsessed about owning the £20M car, you should at least be at a point where you have £15M or so and desperately need to make up the difference.

Given that these micro-transactions are aimed more at people who would be so inclined as to chuck £4 at getting £500k and spending that on maxing out an average-to-good car so they can win races they aren't otherwise good enough to compete in, or buying a couple of cars for specific seasonal events, I don't know why people are assuming that microtransactions are intended for people who want to go from 0 to absolute best car in the game from the beginning.

It's a bit like complaining that in FIFA UT, to get a full squad of In Form superstar players ASAP, you'd have to spend hundreds/thousands of pounds on packs and auctions. Well, yeah you do - that's why most people play the game instead.

I wonder what other people feel about micro-transactions. Am I the only one who thinks that most of the 'GTFO' mob you see in comments sections simply don't want to even consider the possibility that MTs can sit alongside their actual game, without actually affecting them? Or is that not truly possible, in which case we're all fucked because MTs will become ubiquitous no matter what we try and do to stop them?

I don't mind them as long as they do not cross the line and become the norm. Making grinding worse on purpose to "force" you into MT is something I do not wish see.

I'd actually welcome a different approach instead; a pay as you go model. Starting from playing free or as minimum $ as possible. There are games I pay full price for that I've hardly played, or even played half way through. I wouldn't feel much remorse if I had paid per level/chapter/mode/etc for example. If I end up playing it fully then I'd have obviously paid the full price by then.

Last edited:
PD said 2014 for next gen, right? Could happen.

I have ordered this game for the record. Looks awesome.

Hope so, I'd have rather they hadn't bothered with a PS3 version and tried to get a PS4 launch title or if not one a couple months post release.

Too many cars in my opinion. Seems like a quantity over quality approach. I'd rather have no more than 200-300 cars that look, drive and sound as close to reality as possible. No need for 30 variants of Skyline and 25 different MX-5s. A smaller collection of more interesting and relevant sports cars, super cars and full race cars would make this game so much better.

Depends what you want from a game like this really, but the whole car collecting thing does nothing for me. Most of the cars feel generic to drive and sound atrocious because there is no way proper care and attention can be given to recreating over 1000 cars, which is even beyond the resources of Polyphony Digital.

Back
Top Bottom