Microsoft Xbox 360

placebo

just updated xbox console and tried to connect to live but it says a parent has to accept the change of terms of use which is you old man. i cant play until you do this

can you do this asap please as i am missing out on a gaming session with my mates right now

cheers

Yeah you can add and remove them as you like over the length of your live, I added Bitter Rivals to my family and as he had 2 months left on his live everyone in the family (just me for now) got an extra 1 month, if I add another person today they will also get the 12+1 month, add someone next month and they get 12 months etc.

Not sure the best way for you to use your codes, if you use them on your and your Missus' Live and then sign up to Family you will then be getting a total of 25 month's Live for another £70 for the two of you, does that make it worthwhile when you've already bought the 2 codes for 13 months?

placebo

just updated xbox console and tried to connect to live but it says a parent has to accept the change of terms of use which is you old man. i cant play until you do this

can you do this asap please as i am missing out on a gaming session with my mates right now

cheers
:LOL:

come on dad

placebo

cheers

Ha ha.

Get your homework done first!

I love the cloud server service the new update provides. 500mb of storage to save your games, plus the fact that it auto syncs when you save stuff on your hdd is great. If anyone's consoles have packed in before (like two PS3's for me) then it's a great addition.

Anyone's xbox live gold run out and they want some to carry them through Christmas? One of my Xbox Live Gold family members just told me their 360 died and they got a PS3 so I can add another family member who will get gold until 17th January 2012, let me know :) Preference will be given to veterans of this forum who're Fifa fans, preferably CM fans ;)

I love the cloud server service the new update provides. 500mb of storage to save your games, plus the fact that it auto syncs when you save stuff on your hdd is great. If anyone's consoles have packed in before (like two PS3's for me) then it's a great addition.

I had a conversation yesterday with somebody. They said that when their Xbox RROD'd they lost all their save data but i pointed out that the HDD is detachable and as such you don't lose your save data because the RROD is unrelated to your HDD. Granted it was years ago but i'm certain when an Xbox i had RROD'd i didn't lose any save data on the HDD.

I googled it, the first page i looked on seemed to affirm my belief about not losing data as it's stored on the HDD. So you just detach that from your bust machine and put it into a replaced/new one. I am right, right? If so it's not really like the PS3 because that doesn't have a detachable HDD so yeah when your console dies so do your saves.

So what's the purpose for the cloud thing? I suppose if you went round somebodies house and wanted to recover your profile you could then recover your saves too. Can i assume it's primarily for that?

Last edited:
Isn't it also about being able to use multiple consoles without having to transfer a USB stick or the main harddrive? I don't do that but some people may, for example, where they have a friend with an Xbox or multiple Xbox consoles in the same house.

I had a conversation yesterday with somebody. They said that when their Xbox RROD'd they lost all their save data but i pointed out that the HDD is detachable and as such you don't lose your save data because the RROD is unrelated to your HDD. Granted it was years ago but i'm certain when an Xbox i had RROD'd i didn't lose any save data on the HDD.

I googled it, the first page i looked on seemed to affirm my belief about not losing data as it's stored on the HDD. So you just detach that from your bust machine and put it into a replaced/new one. I am right, right? If so it's not really like the PS3 because that doesn't have a detachable HDD so yeah when your console dies so do your saves.

So what's the purpose for the cloud thing? I suppose if you went round somebodies house and wanted to recover your profile you could then recover your saves too. Can i assume it's primarily for that?

Yeah it's essentially just a time saver really. Rather than having to take out your hdd you could just copy your saves over from the cloud server. But yeah it does allow you to continue your save game's from another console which is cool.

Hmm not sure if other regions work, no harm in trying, I'm happy to if you want.

I don't play any games online ever :)

Thanks man. But if there's someone from the same part of the world as you who has asked, then they can have it. Otherwise, I could find out if it's valid and give it a go myself. No probs either way :)

Definitely not a fan of the new layout, it's not horrible, just not as good in my eyes, too fiddly. Definitely updated more for Kinect users, reminds me of their ideas with Windows 8.

Definitely not a fan of the new layout, it's not horrible, just not as good in my eyes, too fiddly. Definitely updated more for Kinect users, reminds me of their ideas with Windows 8.

Yep. I preferred the last dash. The 360 interface feels less like a games console and more like a media centre or iDevice with every update.

Bring back the blades!

Back
Top Bottom