The Last Of Us

It seems that this will be a tough decission:

Which one to play first??? GTA V or The Last Of Us .... :D

GTAV in the day (I'll be real "sick" by that time so won't be able to work... :D ) and The Last Of Us at night.

I'll sleep when I'm dead... :)

Sigh, seems that way yeah. Though technically not zombies they pretty much seem to be in every possible way :((

The supernatural elements were always my least favourite part of the Uncharted games.

It's not really zombies, and yes that greatly disappoints me now to see mutant monster people, really quite put off it, thought this was going to be the game I finally bought a PS3 for :(

The supernatural elements were always my least favourite part of the Uncharted games.
I like Supernatural on the CW hence Jensen Ackles as my avatar but I hated the Zombie part of Unchartered.... it ruined what was otherwise an excellent game.

It's not really zombies, and yes that greatly disappoints me now to see mutant monster people, really quite put off it, thought this was going to be the game I finally bought a PS3 for :(

Actually the concept of fungus taking over species isn't fiction. Look up "Ophiocordyceps Unilateralis". It's a fungus that has taken over ant colonies. It was on the BBC documentary Planet Earth. The team watched a species of fungus infect ants and take control of their minds. Driving them to a heavily populated area, the ants (now with spores growing out of their heads!) would explode infecting the rest of the hive en masse.

Last edited:
Hopefully a lot of the game will focus on how dangerous other bandits etc are, like in the videos we've seen already, or as they've done on TV with The Walking Dead. It's disappointing but I've always been aware of the mutant guys, they were in the first ever trailer for the game.

meh. i thought the story would be different from the usual. i am pretty disappointed myself.

From the magazine I have read I was aware of the mutants since month. I have no problem with it, as long as it will be well balanced and not just a mutant apocalypse in the end.

I'm disappointed the mutants appear to behave like zombies in another guise, but I always knew they were in the game. Like I said before, they were a major part of the very first ever trailer for the game so no-one should be surprised they're in there.

The surprise comes because "mutants" doesn't imply "zombies", though it was very suspicious. I hoped they would probably find a way to justify it and put some good opponents now and then. Mutants could simply be violent people, or people loosing its consciousness and surviving like animals. Yes, we knew it could all end up as "another zombie game", but we had the doubt about it.

Now the doubt is over and in the worse possible way. Why zombies? With pathetic zombie behavior! With face protuberations like in a resident evil game? I think that's too far even for the worse expectations. The gameplay bits with zombies in the dark are so disappointing in every possible way...

I either missed the first trailer, or saw monsters, turned off and forgot about it and only regained interest when I saw the later trailers which showed human protagonists, I'm definitely disappointed it has mutant monster zombie shit :(

zombie is the most uninspired theme in gaming history. give me bands of nasty human fighting for survival. i can never hate zombie, i need human beings for feeling something.

uncharted 1/2 were spoiled by the supernatural elemens and very poor last boss level design. I actually thought uncharted 2 final boss was a huge pile of crap. I much preferred uncharted 3 story, it seemed more imaginative and thanks god they got rid ofthe final boss non sense.

i might skip this one after all.

I think the mutant stuff looks and sounds great. I read it was based on some real life fungus or something, i forget. But they're basically saying if this thing ever start affecting humans, this is what would happen to them. not a copy of resi evil but basing it on the real effects this thing already has. I don't really see this as zombies with zombie behaviours at all. The first stage are humans who are infected but stil have control, so may act normal and then you will have moments where the virus(?) takes over. That should provide some surprises as characters go from normal behaviour to attacking you. Kinda like in The Thing.
I imagine the clicking mutant will be an awesome enemy to run into, especially as its a one hit kill so you will be on edge as soon as you'd hear that click.

I imagine that the game will switch back and forth between human survivors being your enemies and then mutants and then sometimes a mix where it's an all out war.

Edit
Just noticed the video and post about about the fungus. Glad I was on the right line and hadn't dreamt that up lol

I'm disappointed the mutants appear to behave like zombies in another guise, but I always knew they were in the game. Like I said before, they were a major part of the very first ever trailer for the game so no-one should be surprised they're in there.

Yep, defo remember that too.

But hopefully it ain't monster infested.

FD

The Last of Us retail listings suggest the game’s been delayed into June
The Last of Us may have been delayed if retail listings are any indication. According to a tweet from a Best Buy customer who stated he received a notice his pre-order has been delayed. Add this information on top of Walmart listing the sate as June 18, and GameStop listing the Standard and Survival Editions for the same date. The retailer still has the Pandemic Edition down for the original May 7 date, but as Shack points out, the database may have not been updated on that end. We’ll send a mail.

Back
Top Bottom