PES 2010 - Become a Legend

Finishing the season with Sunderland in 3rd place, I was happy actually. My Argentinian player Alex (SS)was ranked the top scorer in EPL and the team of the year. Starting the negotiations but got called by Deigo Maradona, and was forced to play the world cup :D ! The problem was I was always benched, won the world cup and got the best player and the top scorer and joining the best squad of the world cup. The summer had finished and I'm still with Sunderland!:/ I was hoping to join Arsenal to play the Europa league with them.

Well, regular is just plain too easy, it really doesn't matter that you have really shitty stats as 17yrs old. Pro or Top player are much more difficult for your initial stats.

I see two ways to go:
a) bite the bullet and struggle with increased difficulty (and retarded teammates' AI that really shows up on pro or tp), or
b) skip the matches for couple of seasons, until your parameters improve - it will be easier when your player becomes better

As someone who has racked up a crazy amount of Master League Seasons over the various versions if PES over the years I'm giving "Be a Legend" a shot for the first time. Also for variety - before I get into Master League and thus don't leave it for anything else in (offline that is) Pro Evo...

Although I play on Top Player for everything else, I'm starting out Be a Legend on Regular - WHY? - because when I first started out on Master League on ***** (Top Player) back in the days of the first Master League, I gave up too easily... It took waiting until the following year and putting it on *** to get into it. Now I just go straight to *****/Top Player without a thought.

None of us here would judge anyone for that would they? I'm confident in the "biting the bullet, starting on the hardest setting" in PES for normal game modes, BUT I'd like to enjoy Be a Legend and not give up, ramping up the difficulty when I feel as though it's becoming too easy.

For the record I am finding Regular Be a Legend "about right" as when I have the ball I can do more with it, which makes up for a little bit of frustration with the CPU team mates when starting at an average club.

Also playing 5 min games to start with while I am on the bench until I am a first team regular, after which 10 mins would be back on the agenda.

Last edited:
Who's judging anyone? Not me :D

BAL is very specific mode - you depend on your teammates a lot in your early years. And your teammates are plain stupid, useless morons :( Unfortunately, it's a fact. They are a little bit better than in 2009, but still ... OMG

Before you become stronger, it can be really frustrating to play on pro or top player. When you become strong enough, those levels will (probably) be "about right" too. Then you'll be strong enough to do pretty much everything by yourself, cos your teammates will always be useless morons.

Right now (in early days of my career) I do not see much of a difference between pro or top player - it's hard, it's not a good experience. But since I play 10 or 15 minute games, regular tends to be far too easy - I'm pretty much piling hattricks and multiple assists with no problems game after game with my "barely legal" 18yrs teenager, I can drag the ball around all over the pitch without being challenged a lot, etc.

It's really hard to find appropriate difficulty - **** or ***** are to masochistic for early years, yet regular is too easy. Dilemmas, dilemmas :)

Ripped through almost an entire season of BAL this morning. It's getting really good. Good to see the player evolve in a small way - imagine a few seasons, I could enjoy this...

I got signed to Aston Villa, but have not scored enough goals to challenge Abgonlahor for the golden boot. He's a fair ways away in 1st. It's getting easier, so if it's possible to change the difficulty in the off season I may consider going to ****/Professional.

It's not as hard as Master League *****/Top Player and I agree with what you say about the team mate AI, although sometimes Ashley Young sends me some killer passes.

I'm a Chelsea fan, and it's weird that they are going to win the EPL in my BAL (and I'm not helping them) - we just can't catch them (we're 4th). Maybe I'll leave Aston Villa for them as some stage.

Interestingly I find I have to really think about posession with BAL, as you have less chances - thus as a PES player it could enhance oberall skills in the future. If anything, normal gameplay now makes me a bit lazy, there's always another player to select etc.

It's kind of like the real thing - helping team mates, making space, taking oportunities, feeling sad for the team if you lose and on the bench, helping win a game etc - but not as good as the real deal obviously...

I started with an AMF position with Ludanyi (thats my real name:)), but because I play PES from 2002, I choose top player. Well, its real hard, but I think this is more challenging than win everything until I will be 20 yrs old.

On the first match I scored the only goal from 20 mtrs (I guess I was lucky), so I coud go to Aston Villa.
It was really hard to get to the bench (8-9 matches), and need 5-6 matches to get in the first eleven. At the end of the first year we were at 6th place, which was good to go to the Europa League, so I decided to stay.
Next year in EL we were eliminated after the group stage, I could play more, but in the PL we suffered, and finished 12th.

I decided to change, because I had to play CMF pos, but I like more playing AMF. Liverpool, and Chelsea came, but I was patient, and then - on the 7th transfer week - Juventus called me for AMF...

It was much easier to get in the team, as I see Giovinco was the player on my position, but he moved to Del Piero's position who is on the bench.
My first Juve goal was in the Champions League against Liverpool. We were eliminated in knockout phase in the first round (Real Madrid), so we could focus to Serie A. It was a big fight, the CL position was close but on the final match we could not make the 4th position...
However when I checked the offers, I saw, that Juve could play a play-off match, so the season ended well, I stayed.

...to be coninued...

Second season at Juve started well, we were on 1st place, at the winter transfer we have about 10 points advantage. We had biggest coming up in Coppa Italia, we played against Inter, and the first game they won 5-1... After that we could win the second leg to 4-0 (at home)! In CL we went to the knockout phase, but in 8 we could not beat Tolouse. This was the turning point, because after that, we lost many games - I was in bad form so long... - and at the end of the season Inter won Seria A with 6 points. The only success was winning the Coppa Italia, and I could be on the top of the assist ranking list in the cup.

There were good offers, but I stayed at Juve. In my 3rd season at Juve, we are on the 1st position, there is only 2 games to come, Milan is the 2nd, we have 2 points advantage. We won the cup again, and fall out from the CL...

In this season I have 30 goals (22 in the Serie A), and 17 assists, I think the assist is much more harder in this game.

My second season I joined the national team (Hungary), but we could not qualify to the EC. Hungary is a little bit weak :). 451 i not a good formation to me, I have to play AMF. Last season we were in a qualifying group with Spain, Turkey, and Slovakia, it was very hard, but we could qualify to the world cup, there is only 2 games from the season, and world cup begins...

There are some interesting things:

- I have two cards, Quick Turn, and Marseille Roulette. I got these when - as I remember - my Response and Technique reached 75. These are not so useful cards, do You have any info getting any other cards?
- I think this mode is hard, but the development is too fast. I am at end of my 5th season, I am 21 years old, but most of my values is on the top, there is 20-30 points development, 3 more seasons and there will be no more development possibilities.

I loved BAL for 2010!
Eventhough team mates are still stupid, it's nothing in comparison to PES09 where they just gave penalties away, scored own goals and cleared the ball even with no real danger was close them..

Well anyway, I play on Professional, as Y. Karim (myself), mexican, 1.74, 68kg. Fav position: SS.
In my scout game I got a rate of 7.0, i gave an assist. and got a couple of shots at goal that were saved.
I took an offer from NAC Breda (i got #13), as i like their kits :)
This is my 1st season and I only played 3 GREAT games with the reserves (i was so focused i got a headache), and then by the 7th fixture i was on the 1st team :D
(although im playing CF)

We're 7th on the league after 21 fixtures and we still are on semifinals for the cup. I want to earn a spot for Europa league or UCL (which seems nearly impossible)

Anyway, i thinks i'll stay on this team for the next season (unless Guardiola calls me up *right*), and im looking forward to play for my NT along with Vela, Dos Santos & Guardado..

Oh, btw i have scored 9 times and gave only 2 assists, my rating average is now 6.72 and i have been MOTM 11 times.

WOW! At the end of the league, we finished 2nd.. so we get to play UCL!I'm not leaving this team, at least for another season!
I was the team's top scorer, with 14.. 3rd on the league scorers.
We also won the Dutch Cup, against Ajax (who got the league) snd I was top scorer in Cup with 4 goals!

A big surprise was when i was called up to represent Mexico in the WC, yay! Iwas in terrible condition for the whole tournament, and didn't play more than 20min per game.
In our group we beated Croatia, tied with Japan and got pounded by Spain.. in the 1st round, France knocked us out easily (they later became champions), but nevertheless it was a great experience playing in the NT.

NAC Breda improved my contract and bought VanPersie (wtf?) so we can play a great UCL a new season.. so I just need to get a haircut and start my second season!

BTW.- scored 19 goals & 2 assists in my 1st season total. My rating is 6.58

One more: long pass accuracy, and short pass accuracy reached 85 at the same time, and I get "Passer" card.

Iwas in terrible condition for the whole tournament, and didn't play more than 20min per game.

In the first year in the national team you are always on the bench, but the next year (about 6th-7th week) you will be always in the first eleven.

The form is the bigger problem for me too. I think its a little bit randomized, because even I score a hattrick, sometimes the form goes down...

It's really hard to find appropriate difficulty - **** or ***** are to masochistic for early years, yet regular is too easy. Dilemmas, dilemmas :)

I have just started my BAL, AMF in the Premiership, on Professional level. I started my 2009 BAL on regular and found that I'd pretty much done the lot in 6 seasons. This time around on Pro is alot more difficult, and very realistic with regards a young 17 year old in his debut Professional season. I love the challenge.

I signed for Stoke City after my trial game, with offers also from West Ham and Hull City. I played 12 games in the reserves before I got my first goal, a diving header from a very long run from myself. I then got put into the A team and got an assist to get me to the bench. I think I got a bit lucky really as the assist was a simple pass and Beattie beat two men before smashing the ball home from 25 yards.

Either way I'm loving this AMF role, last year I was a Striker. I have managed to bag a couple of 7.0 rating's in my last two games and my managers 'Happy Bar' is nearly full. I'm currently still a sub but getting a full half. My stats are shit and my first touch is like a rapists. But I'm concentrating on my dribbling accuracy as I need to get it that magical 80 so I pull off all the feints.

Loving it so far, the challenge is immense on Pro for me.

I'm in my first season of becoming a legend. i played through 7 seasons or so on the last pro evo 2009 and think its the best game mode outside of playing ya mates in exibition. im a centre midfielder in real life so only natural i chose this position again. i play on top player and cant understand why everybody is dead against it.

yeah its hard but thats because its on TOP PLAYER lol. the 2010 version is much easier than last years (or i have improved). also my stats are better (but very similar) as before and i am improving at a faster rate with the much improved match experience (which before was a joke).

see i think top player is ok but i play centre mid so get a lot of the ball. wots the difference on top player when u play upfront? do u not get the ball?

an awesome mode and im already hooked. patience is the key!

One more: long pass accuracy, and short pass accuracy reached 85 at the same time, and I get "Passer" card.

Ah - I see, I was wondering how the BAL players got their cards...! I banged in 2 goals from decent distance in one game, thought about the others upon occasion - so checked to see if I had a card for it (like Lampard and Gerrard do? haven't got PS3 on atm), but no.

I upped it to Professional a week or so ago, feels about right, gonna fire it up sometime this week again.

I banged in 2 goals from decent distance in one game, thought about the others upon occasion - so checked to see if I had a card for it (like Lampard and Gerrard do? haven't got PS3 on atm), but no.

The Long Ranger Cards mate are player specific and signature moves. You cant buy those cards in ML, so I'd be very suprised if they ever appear on your legend. I think thats realistic though.

i didn't keep you guys up to date for a while. but i will post all my become a legend videos till now here :-)
Its some kind of documentary about someone becoming a legend.

Part 1 - The beginning
YouTube - PES2010 - The beginning - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART1

Part 2 - AjaxChampions
YouTube - PES2010 - Ajax Champions - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART2

Part 3 - French adventure
YouTube - PES2010 - French Adventure - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART3

Part 4 - Italian Breaktrough
YouTube - PES2010 - Italian Breaktrough - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART4

Part 5 - Glory England
YouTube - PES2010 - Glory England - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART5

Part 6 - Arsenal Brilliance (Christmas special)

(Part 6.1)YouTube - PES2010 - Arsenal Brilliance Christmas Special - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART6.1
(Part 6.2)YouTube - PES2010 - Arsenal Brilliance Christmas Special - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART6.2

Part 7 - Succes in ALMOST all aspects
(Part 7.1)
YouTube - PES2010 - Succes in ALMOST all aspects - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART7.1
(Part 7.2)
YouTube - PES2010 - Succes in ALMOST all aspects - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART7.2

Part 8 - Viva Espana!
(Part 8.1)YouTube - PES2010 - Viva Espana! - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART8.1
(Part 8.2)YouTube - PES2010 - Viva Espana! - Become a legend career - Spooky - PART8.2

Enjoy! more coming soon!
Watch my channel : [U]www.youtube.com/spoOky1611[/U] and my website www.spooky.nl.tp

--

In realtime im in 30's. im 30 years old right now, i play on top player, stats are so high that is is so easy to beat them. but now i am 30 and patch 1.3 came out its abit harder ! thats a good thing. anyways. hope you enjoy :D

Last edited:
Had a good session on BAL today.

6th Season in, going Top Player next season! (just got World and Euro Player of the Year - is there any difference between the two? the description seems almost the same!)

BAL International PSN Trophy alludes me - playing as Australia makes it hard for World Cup, Asia-Oceania my only realistic hope.

Whenever I got a hat trick and got more than 20 goals / 10 assists on a difficulty I increased it (Regular > Professional > Top Player) and I swap teams every season so I can eventually get the BAL Wanderer PSN trophy.

I am finding my player is not getting many "match points" after a game, only "strength points".

I briefly got a few "match points" after entering the Europa League for the first time but they have now vanished after Europa games as well.

Anyone else that has gone on longer can confirm this?

Had a good session on BAL today.

6th Season in, going Top Player next season! (just got World and Euro Player of the Year - is there any difference between the two? the description seems almost the same!)

BAL International PSN Trophy alludes me - playing as Australia makes it hard for World Cup, Asia-Oceania my only realistic hope.

Whenever I got a hat trick and got more than 20 goals / 10 assists on a difficulty I increased it (Regular > Professional > Top Player) and I swap teams every season so I can eventually get the BAL Wanderer PSN trophy.

I am finding my player is not getting many "match points" after a game, only "strength points".

I briefly got a few "match points" after entering the Europa League for the first time but they have now vanished after Europa games as well.

Anyone else that has gone on longer can confirm this?

You won't get experience points anymore as further in all those seasons, it really stops at a Stat above 85, so all your stats above 85 wont get experience points anymore, just strenght points

You won't get experience points anymore as further in all those seasons, it really stops at a Stat above 85, so all your stats above 85 wont get experience points anymore, just strenght points

Actually I get exp points, even if my overall rating is 92. I think the key is, that now only get xp, after a derby, or a rating higher than 6.5.
Last year I played (in Juve) against Parma, I came in as a sub - when Parma lead 1-0 - scored a goal, and I had one assist, won the match (1-2), I got 8.0, and I got much xp points.
Now I went to Real Madrid, I came in in the 65th minutes, A had only 1 interception, so I got 5.5 (!), altough I got some xp points. Maybe its because I played first time against Sevilla.

The bigger problem is that after reaching any stat 95, You can't get any xp or str points. Maybe if I put more focus point on something, it will change, I will try it...

The bigger problem is that after reaching any stat 95, You can't get any xp or str points. Maybe if I put more focus point on something, it will change, I will try it...

That floating yellow dot in the stats graph (player development) I am guessing is the peak yeah? So if the red line hits that point, that should be the best your player will be and thus you can copy him to the player registration for use in other teams (in edit mode)

Yeah let us know if that works... I've left all my focus points on 2 (even) and about to hit 95 in Dribble Speed.

Recently went from Olympic Lyon to a lesser team in Eredivisie in the hope of getting to PSV next season (we will be lucky to win it this season).

The La Liga Cup still aludes me, so maybe Valencia. It sux that the player can't at least APPLY for another club, even if they get refused...

Keen for a few more clubs (Different one each season, but want to finish at Chelsea)

Aston Villa
Olympic Marseille
Real Madrid
Arsenal
AC Milan
Barcelona
Olympic Lyon
Heerenveen
(PSV?)
(Valencia)
(Inter Milan)
(Juventus)
(Chelsea)

i've finished my 2nd season with great success!
playing for NAC Breda we reached a CL spot after defeating SC Braga 2-1 in the playoff round), but we were very unlucky in the group stage (as we got to face Liverpool,Sevilla & Inter).. at least we got to play the Europa League in which after defeating Schalke 04, Espanyol, Fenerbahce & Napoli (in this order), we reached the final vs Chelsea and we won on pks!
We also won the dutch league 2 pts over PSV, and the dutch cup, in which we trashed FC Twente 3-0.
After all of that success, i was called to represent my NT in the Gold Cup and I scored a very important goal against Trinidad & Tobago after being on the bench for 72minutes because i was not of the likes of the coach and also in really poor condition. We playes USA in the final and we won 2-1 (i didnt score, just gave an assist)!

So great year for Yousef Karim:
Europa League
Dutch League
Dutch Cup (and best scorer)
Gold Cup (and best player, team of the tournament & Best Scorer)
:D

I was waiting for better offers for next season and nothing happened until the 50th week when i received an offer from ManCity yay!
it's not my favourite team, but playing along Tevez, Adebayor, Robinho, Ribery (yes, he's there!) makes me soo happy!
So i¡ll be fighting to earn a spot in the 1st team as soon as i get a new haircut and change boots more suitable with my new uniform :)

I got the number 11 on ManCity BTW

-

Last edited:
i've finished my 2nd season with great success!
playing for NAC Breda we reached a CL spot after defeating SC Braga 2-1 in the playoff round), but we were very unlucky in the group stage (as we got to face Liverpool,Sevilla & Inter).. at least we got to play the Europa League in which after defeating Schalke 04, Espanyol, Fenerbahce & Napoli (in this order), we reached the final vs Chelsea and we won on pks!
We also won the dutch league 2 pts over PSV, and the dutch cup, in which we trashed FC Twente 3-0.
After all of that success, i was called to represent my NT in the Gold Cup and I scored a very important goal against Trinidad & Tobago after being on the bench for 72minutes because i was not of the likes of the coach and also in really poor condition. We playes USA in the final and we won 2-1 (i didnt score, just gave an assist)!

So great year for Yousef Karim:
Europa League
Dutch League
Dutch Cup (and best scorer)
Gold Cup (and best player, team of the tournament & Best Scorer)
:D

I was waiting for better offers for next season and nothing happened until the 50th week when i received an offer from ManCity yay!
it's not my favourite team, but playing along Tevez, Adebayor, Robinho, Ribery (yes, he's there!) makes me soo happy!
So i¡ll be fighting to earn a spot in the 1st team as soon as i get a new haircut and change boots more suitable with my new uniform :)

I got the number 11 on ManCity BTW

-
Sorry for my bad english

Congratulations on a great season :APPLAUD:

And your English is excellent by the way, good luck with Man City. ;)

I decided to have a break from Master League and start BAL.

I am quite impressed, it is a big improvement on PES2009 BAL.

I chose to be a centre forward and set the difficulty level to "top player". I scored in the scouting match and had the choice of Hull, Portsmouth and Villa. I decided to go for Villa.

Struggled to begin with in the training matches, it took me 11 training matches to get onto the Bench. I really liked how over those 11 training matches my player slowly got better and I got used to how the team plays and what runs to make etc.

So having made the bench, for the next 3 games I came on for the last 30 minutes or so, must have done well as the managers approval rating went up after each cameo match, didn't score any goals though. The 4th game, I am again on the bench, we are playing United away, this time I get bought on at half time, do really well, the game is 0-0, 86 minutes on the clock. I play one/two with Heskey, the United defenders back off, so I decide to shoot from 20 yards, catch the ball really well and it fizzes into the bottom corner of the net. I have to say I punching my fists in the air, really chuffed, one of those golden gaming moments for me, worked hard to get to this position and great to see the hard work pay off. Got the man of the match award. Expected to start the next game, but Martin O'Neill decided that he wanted to keep my feet on the ground so he put me back on the bench!

BAL is a really good mode, will be playing it more over the next few weeks!

I'm finding the auto team offers at the end of seasons frustrating. I was stuck in Eurodivisie for almost 3 seasons until Real Madrid came along (but I'd been with them before...!)

Improvements for next version:

- Offer a team from ALL 5 regions (England, Spain, Holland, France, Italy) at the end of each season - if your player is not that good just offer average / crap teams - at least its a way to get into another league you want

or

- Let the player try to go for a club manually - if a team is too good and are unlikely to sign, have a star system (***** means you have a good chance, * means you have next to no chance), on top of that after 2 or 3 tries they can be refused until next season.

At least then you can have a chance at plotting a career path - if not by exactly the team you want, the region at least...!

it sucks when the manager take you out in the last minutes, and you're winning a cup. YOU WON'T BE CELEBRATING THE VICTORY. i was the man of the match in the final match and i didn't lift the cup.

and the suckiest part is konami hasn't fix this since 1857

Does anyone know if you can fill all the Player Index / Player Cards on Become a Legend mode...?

I have: C01, S02, S03, S04, S05, S06, S07, S14, S15

There are three slots free...

None of the * / Special Player Cards - I have read you can't get them, which means your player never gets * rated next to overall stat...?

Nearly all my stats are 90 and above - about 6 or so are maxed out at 95, player is a 100 overall (it's silly if it eventually goes over 100...)

Most of my Player Index / Player Cards came when I got over 85, can't remember if any came after 90. If I have to wait for 95 on some more I may give it a miss as stats are progressing so slow now...

Ones that are not 90 and above:
Response (89)
Technique (88)
FK Accuracy (87)
Swerve (87)
Keeper Skills (71) - never even played Keeper - silly how this goes up...!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom