Football Manager 2012

Going really well in the Championship now:

ScreenShot2011-10-22at133635.png

We are 4th in the league after 31 games, 8 points behind 1st place. Playing Derbyshire in his preferred role as a Target Man is really paying off, he's scored 4 goals in his last 5 games. And playing Findley as a Poacher off him, he has also scored 4 goals in his last 5 games.

Changed my mind and decided I'm going to have a go at somewhere outside of England. Just loading up the game now and I'll have a look and see what countries there are.

What are your Steam usernames? Mine is Dazimus if anyone wants to add me.

Also any links to megapacks? Can't be arsed going through each league individually. And the face megapack is 4GB and about 20 parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got all of the SS kits downloaded now, took a fair while but I can RAR them up and put them on Fileserve or something if anyone needs the kits.

Also have logos.

Last edited by a moderator:
My steam name is TimEdwins7. I'll add you later Dags and B!

Found a glitch earlier - I was trying to extend the loan of my LB from Holland, agreed it all and confirmed to extend the loan. Next thing it comes up saying we will be signing him in the summer! He's gone back to his club now.

In the logos do you have the npower championship? Are those 3d kits?

Yep, got a good few leagues including international logos.

Kits are SS-type, I think the same as in Tim's avatar?

Tim, report that on the official forum so it can get looked into.

Will do. My avatar is an SS kit too. Also get the mod so kits display bigger!

I stole your idea in terms of avatar.

My steam ID is bsmaff.

I have not got to play it much at the moment but will do after the Manchester derby tomorrow.

Started a game as a 3rd division team in Belgium, amateur status.

Only had a couple of friendlies but it's annoying because the players aren't under contracts (due to being amateur status) so clubs can just come and sign them. One of my players has left and the board are unhappy he's gone! I couldn't offer him a contract so what else was I meant to do?

Reported it to SI as a problem as the board confidence in me shouldn't really go down for something out of my hands like that.

Have just started playing the game now but thought I would just have a very quick 2 hour game with England before playing properly.

Does anyone think the game is abit easy this year?

Beat Holland 6-2, then beat Bulgaria 4-1, then beat Wales 6-1.
I don't know why I got these results played my standard 4-1-1-2-2 formation without any tweaks and seemed to work a treat.

I will start a proper game when I get more time, but so far the new team talks are better, pre and post match interviews is still as boring as ever but they are only fun on network game as you can make additional comments the other player can see.
I don't know if they also fixed the unlimited transfer money bug in the last game yet either.

Started with Arsenal as usual and spent all of my money on the two Rossi's. Daniele de Rossi and Guiseppi Rossi (Sold Chamack to Real Madrid)

After 8 games I am 3rd just behind Man utd and Man City. Was unbeaten but got humped 3-0 by Man United at Old trafford, I went too gung-ho I should have been better tactically but I got too cocky.

Was swapping Rossi and Van Persie around up front, but now trying to play them together and it is sort of working.

Lets see what happens :DD

Well just started a game now with Arsenal as I wanted to start quite easy on my first game. Get used to the way the game works the tactics team talks and that sort of thing.
Signed 6 players. Christian Erikson, Nelson Oliveira, Kwadwo Asamoah, Ganso, Ibrahim Afellay and Michael Owen.
I have noticed that SI obviously never considered the transfer trick as a bug as I have noticed it is still in this game.

Playing my tried and tested 4-1-1-2-2 formation and seems to be working again.
As so far P5 W5 L0 F20 C0. Although I wouldn't say I have played any decent opposition yet although I did beat the Reserves 5-0.

They seemed to have fixed the strikers finally score the majority of goals, which dosnt seem to be the case in previous versions. Van Persie has got two hat tricks in the games.

I also don't know what it is with Man City but they so far have bidded for Vermaelan, Sagna, Koscielny and Alex Song, I think Mancini has a fetish for Arsenal players.

Cheers I'll try it when I'm home later. Out of interest why is this lnc fix better?

Had a bit of a shaky spell in the league, lost 2-0 to Leicester who are 1st and then lost 5-1 to West Ham. Amazingly stayed in 4th place as everyone else slipped up too. Managed to steady the ship and unbeaten in 4 since then, W2 D2. Not playing very well though. Hopefully we will come back into form for the last 7 or so matches. Looking at my run in it's pretty favourable, only 1 team we have to play is in the top 9.

Last edited:
What is the "transfer trick"?

The transfer trick is too sign players completly on a 48 month deal with no money paid upfront.

If you got a transfer budget of £30M you actually have about £100M.
As what happens is when you complete the deal you only need the money in the bank to pay the Agent fee and Signing on fee, which varies from player to player.

So lets say you want to buy Tevez for £50m, he will want about £2m agent fee and about £3m signing on fee so when you complete the transfer you only actually just spent £5m.
Therefore you now have £25m left in your transfer kitty.
The best thing about doing these deals as well is you don't actually lose that much money every month either.

It's football the Peter Risdale way...

Cheers I'll try it when I'm home later. Out of interest why is this lnc fix better?

The old one caused some weird errors in the game from reading the comments, this seems to work fine though.

Steam makes me mad for the first time. I forgot to put steam in offline mode before leaving home today. Now I can't play FM because I don't have non blocked internet connection. I may have a work around by hooking my phone up to my laptop if I can get a good enough signal in the building I am in. That sucks though.

Steam makes me mad for the first time. I forgot to put steam in offline mode before leaving home today. Now I can't play FM because I don't have non blocked internet connection. I may have a work around by hooking my phone up to my laptop if I can get a good enough signal in the building I am in. That sucks though.

Doesn't it just go in offline mode when it can't get a connection?

I don't remember having to do anything special when I was playing it without an internet connection, it just gave me the option of playing offline? (haven't done this recently though)

Unfortunately it didn't just go in offline mode. It looks like you have to set it to offline mode before you disconnect from the internet. Luckily I got a signal on my cellphone and connected that way and then set it to offline mode.

Back
Top Bottom