FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Hey all,

Reading on the EA Boards - DO NOT BUY THE SECOND ENGLISH PACK

It's from Euro 2008 and starts every game with "this international game"

It's a rip off.

If it's what I think it is, it's when you're running straight (especially if in a race with the last defender) after a long ball or something has been aimed at you, and then the player will inexplicably start walking sideways for no reason.

It's fucking annoying and I would've thought they'd have fixed it in 08 with a patch, so to have it in 09 is really bad.

Wow, I can say that I have never seen that

The store has been updated and some of the file sizes are huge, the German commentary is 828MB.

If they are free, i'll probably get one or two of the foreign commentaries, I might even understand some of the French/Spanish commentary and it would add a better atmosphere to games played in the stadia of their nation.

Sod paying for the English commentary if all they've done is lift it out of Euro 2008 without adding to/fixing it to making it more relevant to FIFA. Hopefully the ability to have more than one set of commentators available to switch through in-game means that in future versions we get a few different commentary teams.

I know nobody here probably played it, but Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 had a few different commentators, and they would be selected randomly before the match. It made it a lot less repetitive, hopefully football games do that soon.

One of the old FIFA games did something similar I'm sure, possibly World Cup 98, but I can't remember. They had all the BBC commentary team on there minus Alan Hansen (I miss the BBC guys being in FIFA, I can't stand the Sky Sports guys). There was Des Lynam, Gary Lineker, John Motson, Mark Lawrenson, and Chris Waddle as well I think.

They even had Kenneth Wolstenholme in doing the "classic match" commentary. England 66 v West Germany 66, Kenneth Wolstenholme commentating, the screen even turned black and white. Brilliant.

Maybe some good news - I just saw this come up on the ticker at the bottom of the screen:

"Game Update coming soon!"

Hopefully that means the patch is coming in the next few days :).

guys i bought all live season leagues, but it is now not working.

loaded up my profile, still not down as me paid for it, so went to downloads, and even though it was ticked i downloaded it again. again it doesnt register i have it.

anyone else had this and rectified it?

guys i bought all live season leagues, but it is now not working.

loaded up my profile, still not down as me paid for it, so went to downloads, and even though it was ticked i downloaded it again. again it doesnt register i have it.

anyone else had this and rectified it?

I am having the same problem, WTF is going on

I got a question for you guys that popped in my head when playing an FA Cup and I played Oldham.

How comes EA call Mutu Murgu because of the drugs thing (so Ive been told) but feel no way to keep Lee Hughes as himself, when hes killed someone and been to prison?

Ill DL all the language packs that are free. I will nderstand the Spanish, French and Italian only but itll be ahoot hearing the rest and not knowing jack. Ill just pretend Im watching an international feed online! Very cool!

Can't wait to try out the Spanish commentary :)). I downloaded English 2 when I got home yesterday and then left xbox on overnight downloading most of the free commentaries! :DD

We are pleased to announce a game update for FIFA 09 on Xbox360 and PS3, hopefully arriving sometime next week. In line with community feedback, we have spent time improving the gameplay experience and addressed the following problems:

- Fixed side-stepping issue on lofted through balls
Fixing the issue where a player sidesteps when trying to control a lofted through ball instead of running straight onto it and controlling it, was a top priority for the EAC development team. We’re happy to say that the team at EAC has been able to fix this problem and it will be included in the game update.

- Improved advantage rule: fixed goals being called back for free kicks
There was a problem in the advantage rule whereby the referee would call back a goal if it was scored when the advantage was being played. Instead the referee would give a FK or a PK to the fouled player. This issue has been resolved in the game update. Goals that are going in when a foul is committed will count when they score.

- Improved number assigning in Manager Mode
When signing a player in Manager Mode the player now makes a more sensible decision, based on this position, on which number he would like, whereas previously he would always take the number 2.

- Allowed up to 8 user-controlled teams in Tournament Mode
After installing the game update it will be possible to play in Tournament Mode with up to 8 user-controlled teams. This gives the option to host bigger events with your friends to compete in offline-tournaments. Have fun!

- Removed ability to bring custom teams into Online ranked matches
Everybody has the option to transfer players in his favorite team and create his own custom dream team. This is an option we want to offer everybody to enjoy the feeling of creating own teams and play matches online or offline. When it comes to ranked competitive online matches we think only real teams should compete against each other to keep everybody’s chances even. So with the update it is no longer possible to enter a ranked match with a custom created team. You will still be able to upload your customized team online as in customized starting line-up with the existing players of that team’s roster

- Fixed Stadium 23.Maj lag issue
We fixed a major frame rate issue in 23.Maj stadium.

- Fixed join issue in Online Team Play Lobbies
A game hang issue occurred during search for available OTP game sections within the lobby rooms has been resolved.

From that description it doesn't sound its been fixed.

The Spanish commentator shouts GOAL as if he is firing a gun. :D

FIFA 09 hits one million UK sales after enjoying most successful opening week ever for a football game

EA is celebrating one of the most successful months in its history – after FIFA 09 hit one million UK sales in record time, and over 60,000 people attended the publisher’s landmark Be The One consumer event in London.

The title hit a million after just five weeks on the UK market according to EA, besting the franchise’s previous record by a full month.

Sounds good although the "fix" for the advantage rule doesn't sound to me like it has properly addressed the issue - fair enough goals will be given but the number of times play is called back when you are clean through on goal but haven't actually scored is equally annoying.

It doesn't? Qouting "We’re happy to say that the team at EAC has been able to fix this problem and it will be included in the game update."

"Fix the problem" kinda suggests that it's been fixed?

Thats regarding lofted through balls, it doesn't mention through balls that are played on the ground. It also happens in general play all the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom