PC PES 2014 discussion thread

sorry yair but don't work for me and also when clicked it creates a folder called "Profile" with a folder inside that called "ALI213" and then 3 folders in there.."saves/screenshots and stats"

Last edited:
sorry yair but don't work for me and also when clicked it creates a folder called "Profile" with a folder inside that called "ALI213" and then then 3 folders in there.."saves/screenshots and stats"

I know what the problem.. this crack is for the steam version..

19MB of patch won't turn the game into something else. If it's not to your liking, this patch won't change it. Best to move on, and just enjoy whatever you're on currently.

Didn't know that. Thank you.

However, I thought, exe was only used to unlock certain stuff in cpk file and that gameplay changes via cpk file.

If it indeed is only done through exe, I don't really want to know what PES Team was thinking.

Did they even test what they did? Once? The problems are apparent and clearly visible.

Read few of yair posts in editing section and must agree that if KONAMI allowed users to edit gameplay via cpk and json files it would be much better game, than doing it through exe.

Heh. Sad days for football fans.

Just checked the download - went straight to 2 player league. They've still not sorted the morale / arrows on the 2nd player. All green still. As much as I like the game and will play ML. It kind of wrecks playing a league with my friend as only one of us will have ups/downs.

Yair, you should remove that non-cd exe download. It contains adware , deffo not false-positive, since registry entry was created with some 'Oneclickdownload'. Everybody who tried to use that, should scan system with anti malware tool like malwarebytes and delete it.

Hey guys, could someone please tel me if they're able to play online? I'm going around in circles and would really appreciate it before I change username etc...

Yair, you should remove that non-cd exe download. It contains adware , deffo not false-positive, since registry entry was created with some 'Oneclickdownload'. Everybody who tried to use that, should scan system with anti malware tool like malwarebytes and delete it.

I did checked it and I didn't see that but if you saw that I believe you so guys don't download the no-dvd

Ive played about 10 matches of new patch. I loved it, now its playable for me ( im not hardcore Pes player, but without patch 1.02 was unplayable). This is my simple opinion. Still have some issues. But fox engine has huge potencial.

Right, managed a few games online.

+
response times SLIGHTLY better
keepers SLIGHTLY better

-

Cursor select player from corners/throw-ins still a nightmare. Flitting from player to player - never the player you actually want!
Player awareness is still fairly poor

I dont really care about boots etc but the faces are a f'cking joke. Why do all the afro-carribean players look Indian or Sri Lankan?

Player individuality is nowhere to be seen, played against some guy with Ronaldo. Had him easily in my pocket. Typical Konami, over-power a player in 2013, nerfed in 2014.

Anyway, better, but still an unfinished game online with more ping pong than...ping pong.

First thing is presentation and I thought the game would look super spectacular on PC, taking full engine capability. How shocked was I seeing it's not. Sure some details are better, textures are of higher quality (mostly visible on kits), but Level of Detail on some objects is just bad. So much pixelation it actually hurts your eyes.

I think you mean graphics? well to me presentation refers to more like menu layout/design, the way matches are introduced and commentary etc. These stuff were never PES series strongest areas, I learnt to move past these things and just focus on the gameplay.

Second thing, game as I heard, pre-patch was stuttering and having slowdowns on pre-match/replays. Sadly, it still happens my end on new patch. No luck here.

I'm sorry to hear this on your end but I have no slowdowns or stuttering whatsoever...I don't even think I enabled vsync etc, and I'm only using a 6850 and an i3 processor. Though I read that PES 2014 isn't very well optimised so it could be that that is the cause.

Third thing is our main dish: GAMEPLAY. I may sound rude, but it feels unnatural, plastic and I will put it bluntly: semi-arcade mish mash. Being die hard PES fan since beginning of the series, this is what I didn't expect in the slightest. Don't know what they wanted to achieve here, because it can have simulation moments only for something out of Arcade to break the illusion completely to pieces.

Let me elaborate on this some more. There is hardly any difference between players. Nada. People saying there is player individuality here, either only watch football on TV, never played football even on amateur level or never watched/played football at all. Sorry, but there is no difference between C. Ronaldo and Bale in terms of speed, acceleration, movement possible, passing. The same goes for Isco - Kaka comparison, both can be made to play SAME style. Xavi - Pirlo? Yep, no difference in passing at all. Even animation wise, there should be some passes ONLY possible for Pirlo. This is when human controls them players.

ok i agree to this to an extent, yes I think player ID is toned down this year, making the game more arcadey. But I've also seen the AI done some tricks or feints on players I would expect them to do, like the shoulder feint used by some of the very skillful players. I am also able to control the ball in tighter spaces with more skillful players like those in Barca and Bayern but I can't do the same for Man Utd (with the exception of maybe Nani and RVP). The AI does overdo some tricks on every team and every player like the quick change of direction but I've also seen that in PES 2013...

This is another thing I heard complains before, shooting.

Improved, but it STILL, for me, lacks power from long range and variety. Might add that R2 shooting is pretty much useless as even with bar fully powered, R2 slashes the power by 3/4. The ball lacks any ZIP like people like to call it.

Glad to see that rotation and spin is back on ball and that now it is possible to not shoot on target 99% of time. Shooting with weaker foot, goes wide now.

lacks power from long range? really? did you see the two videos I posted? I could NEVER do those pre-patch. I have also one with Gotze where he hit the ball very powerful and it rocked the crossbar! I think the position of the ball relative to the player affects a lot of the power and accuracy, like in real life. e.g. if the run up to the ball is awkward or too short, the strike is not clean or lacks power. Yes it is not perfect, but its better and a step in the right direction. I agree too that R2 shots are not effective, only effective inside the penalty box because of the lack of power. It was too OP in PES 2013 though so I think konami needs to find the right balance.

[/QUOTE]

As we are with shooting, we cannot say anything about Goalkeepers.

Sorry, but I don't see any noticeable improvements. The can position themselves a little bit better yes, but they still do same mistakes I do remember them doing on PS3 pre-patch. That includes, punching ball into own net, parrying the ball straight under opponent feet, weak reaction or no reaction to chipped ball (which results in a lot of goals). Hard to beat from long range (that means from 30 yards and more). Very problematic if I dare to say so as we were promised IMPROVEMENTS here!

Can we also please in next PES have totally new commentary teams? Can't stand that boring Scottish/English duo anymore! My ears are BLEEDING hearing them. They make NO ATMOSPHERE. Turning them off doesn't help, as stadium chants/effects are just as bad.

I agree...keepers are the biggest issue with this year's iteration. the positioning is horrible..the way the keeper dives is also horrible...really kills some of the games I have so far, especially when I concede...but when none of this happens ( e.g. if my shots or the AI shots happen not to be so near to the keeper)

Commentary also has never been PES strongest suit since ages ago. The best is still the Jap versions from the PS2 days lol. that reminds me, I got to change mine to italian/spanish. although I don't understand either but at least they seem to have a bit more emotions.

Last edited:
Just had my ass handed to me by Liverpool, 5-0 and it was beautiful. Sturridge and Suarez were devastating together, Coutinho weaved around my defence, and Gerard dominated the midfield. Almost true to reality. They worked in unison to create the goals, and I was totally outfoxed.

Playing as Spurs, I definitely can feel the individuality of players - when they are on-form. I think Form has a huge influence this year. Dunno yet about this 'emotion'crap.

After more and more games gameplay feels like same without patch... Really disopointed. First few matches was amazing it was really playable game. But the truth its same unplayable. So again wait another patch few months ( until this patch didnt play pes about 2 month :D ).

About shooting lacks of power.

I´ve never felt that. Not even before the patch.

If your player is in the right position, has a good shooting power value, uses his strong foot, shots always came powerful.

Even from long range! They just never got in.

Take Myrheim for example (Standard player in ML).
He has a very good shooting power (85 or something I guess) and with him, in the right situation I always had powerful shots (even in previous PES Versions).
He can´t do that when he gets distressed, has a bad position or uses his weak foot of course.

And you also can´t do a powerful shot when you try that with a player with a shooting power value in the 70´s and lower.

But if you take Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc. any player with high shooting power and maybe also the long ranger card, then you always had powerful shots.

And that´s where the player individuality comes in.
I realise it and keep wondering how some people don´t.

Just my opinion.

Ive played about 10 matches of new patch. I loved it, now its playable for me ( im not hardcore Pes player, but without patch 1.02 was unplayable). This is my simple opinion. Still have some issues. But fox engine has huge potencial.
is playable without using the yairpatch 0,5 or 0.4?

is playable without using the yairpatch 0,5 or 0.4?

Dont know i never use that patch, because i dont think that random peoples can fix gameplay. With new patch i felt better controls not so much tank handling, shooting better, game much smother. But goalkeepers and defence awariness still bad for me. Im little confused sometimes matches is really great, but some matches show real face of gameplay. I think after another official patch it will be playable for sure. So need wait christmas and hope Konami devs fix this game :D

Back
Top Bottom