FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Battlefield! Strikes me how much it doesn't come across as a EA game at all. Because it's actually plays as good as it looks!

Thing which annoys me is that its "The most authentic" and the "most realist football game" which was said at the EA conferance.

I'll amdit I play both FIFA and PES.

FIFA because well, my friends only play FIFA (They only play EA sports games, no 2K or Konami) and I also like Ultimate Team.

PES for the odd friend who likes both and for myself when I want a good in-depth thinking game. You cannot play PES like FIFA.

I just hate that EA have brainwashed everyone including my friends that its realistic when its not. Even the ones who play football for teams. If they play PES or even NBA2K its too hard for them. So they result in playing an arcade type game which is branded as realistic.

17688-free-weezy1.jpg

EA are the typical "all the gear, no idea" football dev. Wtf were they thinking releasing all that PR with nary a hint of actual gameplay? Proof is in the pudding EA. No matter how many times jack wilshire says it i bet fabregas will give his left foot a run for his money in FIFA12.

Yeah more online stuff, taking out gameplay I'd love to know what the percentage of time given to the offline side of the game is..

I'm thinking it's 85-15 at best...

More than the last few years I would imagine, now that Simon is actually producing that side of the game I am hoping to see substantial improvements over the next couple of years.

Although I do have reservations about this years game just based on some of the discussions and feedback.

Thing which annoys me is that its "The most authentic" and the "most realist football game" which was said at the EA conferance.

I'll amdit I play both FIFA and PES.

FIFA because well, my friends only play FIFA (They only play EA sports games, no 2K or Konami) and I also like Ultimate Team.

PES for the odd friend who likes both and for myself when I want a good in-depth thinking game. You cannot play PES like FIFA.

I just hate that EA have brainwashed everyone including my friends that its realistic when its not. Even the ones who play football for teams. If they play PES or even NBA2K its too hard for them. So they result in playing an arcade type game which is branded as realistic.

Dude I hate the fact Fifa doesnt resolve the things many wanted fixed but I wouldnt hate on them for using marketing spill. They wanna sell this game and make millions doing so, no different from anyone else in the business. Who doesnt use Marketing spill?

Can't believe how much moaning is going on in here. If you feel that passionatley about how bad the game is or is going to be simply:

a. don't buy it
b. stop wasting your life posting in here

It will be what it will be and no amount of moaning and complaining is going to change it

Can't believe how much moaning is going on in here. If you feel that passionatley about how bad the game is or is going to be simply:

a. don't buy it

It will be what it will be and no amount of moaning and complaining is going to change it

Guess the Game Changers should tuck themselves away then.

I believe strongly that:

a. The game has been changed considerably by moaning and complaining from members of this board and others
b. I have helped influenced the game to some degree through my moaning and complaining
c. That moaning and complaining is a brilliant way to use my time

FIFA can be so much more.

Oh God.

I take back what I said Kobayashi/Klashman. You were right. I can put up my hands and say you got that prediction spot on.

After watching that trailer its just looking like a sports version of COD with all the level up bollocks. How about instead of putting all this crap in you try actually fixing the core mechanics.

I believe strongly that:

a. The game has been changed considerably by moaning and complaining from members of this board and others
b. I have helped influenced the game to some degree through my moaning and complaining
c. That moaning and complaining is a brilliant way to use my time

FIFA can be so much more.

Four years of banging on about injuries and it's looking like we may finally be there in 12..

If anything I didn't moan enough... :LOL:

a. don't buy it

Oh, Jamez, here's another candidate ;))

I think 75% of this forum should just delete their accounts and leave if we take hitman's attitude :)

Oh God.

I take back what I said Kobayashi/Klashman. You were right. I can put up my hands and say you got that prediction spot on.

After watching that trailer its just looking like a sports version of COD with all the level up bollocks. How about instead of putting all this crap in you try actually fixing the core mechanics.

:SMUG: :LOL:

Four years of banging on about injuries and it's looking like we may finally be there in 12..

If anything I didn't moan enough... :LOL:

There's is hope ONE day, yes ONE day FIFA will have defensive AI :BOP::BOP::BOP:

Last edited:
Interesting interview with rutter there....."visually and contextually correct simulation of football" seems like a specific choice of words.

No way, as long as the weather's hot and the air con isn't working I'm leaving it hanging out.

We have every right to protest things like this IMO. Maybe the extent of the moaning is a bit drastic at times or people take more offence at a member of EA saying their game isn't shit than they should. Some of the PR stuff you just have yo take on the chin. But when it manifests itself as actual dev resource on stuff like this EA Football Club business, there's every right to moan.

Granted it's essentially what they had for the World Cup game, but, whereas I can understand the gameplay team being isolated and needing to have a firm grip on who works on their stuff, surely the resource for this football club business could indeed have gone towards something like CM, or Clubs, or the team management menu system, or one of the dozens of other good uses for such man hours?

It's up to EA to show that the scenario mode (which seems a lot like what they had for My Live Season - have I missed something?) is up to scratch, but even then, the gameplay is going to be the same as ever isn't it? So encouragement to play more FIFA is like being given more and more platefuls of boiled rice without addressing the lack of flavour or texture.

Last edited:
I think we have even more moaning now when they "created" the GameChangers and refuse to implement most of the top priority suggestions from them. At least give reasons back to the community why they don't think the changes proposed are important. Ignoring it makes it worse.

Back
Top Bottom