your worst moment/memory in football...

My worst memory was the Hillsborough disaster of '89, I'll never forget that day...I had family at the game but luckily they were ok....but nearly 100 lost their lives :(

Stan said:
In Belgium we have a social security system.
Employers have to pay for the social security of their employees.
My wife works in the social security system.
My favourite football team had not payed for the social security of their players for 5 years despite having had reductions.
Belgian FA gives yearly licenses for prof teams and to obtain this license, they have to pay the social security for their players.
My wife decides if and when enough is enough for an employer...when their debts to the social security system are to big, they are declared bankrupt...
In the end my wife had to decide wether my favourite team could have a license from the FA...she decided that enough was enough and my favourite club went bankrupt and did not obtain a license and so they were relegated to the lowest local division in Belgium.

A couple of years later the people behind that club were able to buy th license of another second division club from around Brussels, the new club was renamed FC Brussels...

Jings, that's heavy. :(

Guess that gives a whole new meaning to when you hear about "My Wife f****d my local Football Team". :mrgreen: (Hope you understand that mate. ;) ).

FD

LOL FD...

I agree that it's kind of a weird story...but my wife only did her job...and she was right...football clubs are not above the law, not even my favourite one...that's the reason why i don't like mostbig teams like Madrid or Milan or Juventus: they do act above the law...

The death of Ecuadors great forward Otilino "Spiderman" Tenorio. THis is the worst moment for me as a fan.

Back
Top Bottom