Your most cherished gaming possession?

Isslander

Gordon's alive!
3 August 2003
Iceland
Liverpool
I thought of this when I saw the Top 5 thread, what is the thing you love the most in your entire gaming collection? I'm not talking about another best of list, as this doesn't even need to be a highly rated game, or even a game at all! It may be a game, or related to games, something you found at a market, Something you kept since childhood, something that may not be a huge thing to anyone except yourself.

If you want to mention many things (to be honest, I have 2) try to keep it at no more than five things. It would be nice to see pics as well, I'll be adding mine later.

My top thing is my copy of the original Bushido Blade on PS one. I found it at a market 15 years ago or so, have never seen it new at a retail store. I bought it because it was cheap, knew nothing about it, turned out it is a great game. Huge atmosphere, intensely original for a one on one fighter (one hit kills, leave the fighting area mid-match) and awesome music. I still put it on every now and than, my PS1 games are somewhere in a box in my basement, this one I keep handy.

Another thing I recently bought is an old handheld Time and Fun (Game and watch knock-off) called Diamond Hunt. About 27-8 years ago me and my bros would borrow this one all the time from another family not long from where I live, it has 3 screens and was a lot of fun. When I saw it on ebay I freaked out from Nostalgia and bought it right away. Turns out, it's still a lot of fun!

This is mine:

DSC04414.JPG

I would buy one now if I find one. Before this (Family Computer) I had an Atari. So the jump from Atari to FC was HUGE. Add to that the games I played were all epic and were my first and still remember each and every one to this day. Mario 3, Double Dragon II, Raygar, Captain Tsubasa, and for the first time ever Street Fighter II on my TV! I used to be an avid Arcades gamer. Spend all my money on the arcades (SF II, Raygar, Wonder Boy, Outrun, Daytona, Many football games and much much more). Games felt and looked so good for me, compared to my Atari. Always dreamt I could take those arcade machines home. So when dad got me this, he basically brought home a dream; arcade in my own room! Well close, but it was as close as it got. The hours, days, months I spent playing this was crazy.

Last edited:
Yeah getting snes and Street fighter 2 for xmas, I still remember as one of my greatest gaming memories.

Like Lami said we would always go to a chip shop across the road from school to play it and then to be able to play it at home was fantastic. Me and my friend used to play it non stop. I would stay around at his for the whole weekend or him at mine and play it.

I also really loved pilot wings aswell, some reason I could play that all day.

Other great moments I still remember are putting my 3 Led Zeppelin CDs in my player and listening to Led Zeppelin all day and playing SWOS...all day and night, I was in love with that game.

I gave away all of my old games and computers to friends and family's kids though.

Great days and memories :))

my intellivision is still alive and kicking. burgertime and pitfall are the games i still play from time to tume.

Last edited:
Mines saints row 3, Its the last thing my mum ever bought me before she died a few months ago.

Condolences.

Too bad it's a shitty game though... but it was fun making a really sexy busty chick and run around for an hour watching the tits bounce.

Last edited:
thanks lads, I cant even bring myself to play it at the moment.

Jay, the smooth operator.

I think mine must be the day I picked up my Xbox 360 Premium edition in 2004 (or 5?) on launch day.

Another one was getting my PS2 flown over by a relative from Japan to Italy - I was probably one of the first in the whole country to have a PS2.

I don't really have one cherished item, but I do have a small collection of old consoles and systems in my parents loft.
I suppose just because it is probably the rarest thing I have up there is the light gun for the Spectrum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom