Your Game of the year 2011

What is your game of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Call me an idiot, but I did not care about a single one of these games. The only games I bought in 2011 were TDU 2(good game, but tons of potential lost thanks to Atari/Eden), Mafia 1(imo the number 2 in the list of the best games of all time) and Assasin's Creed Brotherhood(great game throughout the whole time). So all these games provided me with great fun and hundreds of hours with joy, but as they are either older or not in the list I am out of this.

In generally I have to admire there are very few games I really want to have in recent times. I was hoping to get NHL 12 for PC, but EA seems to give a damn about us non-consoleros. The only other game I want to get in the next is GTA V this year and apart from this, there is nothing.

Edit: Everything here is filtered on games for PC. Only "console" I ever had and wanted to have(and still own) is a GBA SP. :LOL:

Last edited:
Call me an idiot, but I did not care about a single one of these games. The only games I bought in 2011 were TDU 2(good game, but tons of potential lost thanks to Atari/Eden), Mafia 1(imo the number 2 in the list of the best games of all time) and Assasin's Creed Brotherhood(great game throughout the whole time). So all these games provided me with great fun and hundreds of hours with joy, but as they are either older or not in the list I am out of this.

In generally I have to admire there are very few games I really want to have in recent times. I was hoping to get NHL 12 for PC, but EA seems to give a damn about us non-consoleros. The only other game I want to get in the next is GTA V this year and apart from this, there is nothing.

Edit: Everything here is filtered on games for PC. Only "console" I ever had and wanted to have(and still own) is a GBA SP. :LOL:

mafia 1 no2 in all time list? what is no1 for you?

What u think of mafia 2?

I liked mafia 1 but it was difficult and slow/realistically paced. Which is fine if you like that.

GTA IV. No way around this, this game is a monster and the Episodes made it even better.

Mafia 1 was indeed one of my favourites, because it was that slow and realistically, it just felt right with this speed and the whole environment was acting as being one living body. And this was it what made this game so good and unique for me, it was something I found only years later again. In GTA IV. Mafia 2 didn't have that feeling, I can't explain, why, but it simply didn't deliver the atmosphere that Mafia 1 did imho.

GTA IV. No way around this, this game is a monster and the Episodes made it even better.

Mafia 1 was indeed one of my favourites, because it was that slow and realistically, it just felt right with this speed and the whole environment was acting as being one living body. And this was it what made this game so good and unique for me, it was something I found only years later again. In GTA IV. Mafia 2 didn't have that feeling, I can't explain, why, but it simply didn't deliver the atmosphere that Mafia 1 did imho.

I see why you like gta4 then when I thought it was worst in series. It was more realistic like mafia whereas previous ones were OTT jokes really.

Don't get me wrong, I love the whole GTA franchise since III(VC and SA are also pieces of art and "must-plays"), I just think Rockstar delivered their absolute master piece with IV(+ Episodes). ;)

1325773123Wkuap2xkS7_1_1_l.jpg

Still to play a few games of last year i.e. Assassins Revelations, WWE 12, Battlefield 3, so will see.

I did vote PES 2012 because I'm enjoying it, however maybe a bit biased and maybe I'll discount that and pick something outwith it.

Must say the Assassins games have been probably the 2nd best set of games I've played since Red Dead Redemption, so would be surprised if it's not revelations for me.

FD

Still to play a few games of last year i.e. Assassins Revelations, WWE 12, Battlefield 3, so will see.

I did vote PES 2012 because I'm enjoying it, however maybe a bit biased and maybe I'll discount that and pick something outwith it.

Must say the Assassins games have been probably the 2nd best set of games I've played since Red Dead Redemption, so would be surprised if it's not revelations for me.

FD

I personally can't stand PES2012 but if you love it and play it all the time, don't worry about being biased! It's all about what games you get most enjoyment from and what has taken most of your gaming time. So if your game of the year is PES2012 then stick with it :)

It has to be Skyrim.

Man i wodner how many hours they put into making this game compared to other games? Or how many people worked on it?

Sheer massive scale...epic game

I'm shocked actually that Portal 2 is so low down. I tried it recently and it's simply brilliant. I guess football games will win out on this site more than anywhere else but the difference in quality between FIFA/PES and the likes of Portal 2, Zelda, Unchartered 3, Batman, Forza 4 etc is night and day.

I'm shocked actually that Portal 2 is so low down. I tried it recently and it's simply brilliant. I guess football games will win out on this site more than anywhere else but the difference in quality between FIFA/PES and the likes of Portal 2, Zelda, Unchartered 3, Batman, Forza 4 etc is night and day.

Your right I have not tried Portal 2 yet but not many people I know have played it and those that have love it. I did enjoy Portal 1 though.
We are on a site for PES so would assume that would always come out on top.

But saying the quality difference is night and day between certain games in terms of quality?

I have not played the Uncharted games only tried the Uncharted 2 demo which I absolutly hated, have not tried Zelda either but wish Nintendo would do a Sega and quit the hardware race and just sell games.
But Batman and Forza being completly different in terms of quality, FIFA this year had the defending completly changed the game tweaked a little bit yes it still has the same annoying problems that every FIFA game has.
Forza is an arcade game and Batman although a great game the story was well below par as if a 6 yo wrote it and then they had to drag it out for 10 hours + it still had the same things which annoyed me in AA in there.

TBH I don't really have a game of the year of 2011 as with what a couple of people have said on here, I think games have completly lost their innovation and have also become ridicously easy these days.

BF3 was ok but was no BF2.
MW3 was probably the biggest pile of cack I have played in along time.
I have not played Skyrim as of yet as don't have enough time to play the game properly.

Despite probably buying more games this year than I have in any previous years there just wasn't anything this year what made me think that was much better than anything I played like Heavy Rain did last year innovative and what you did during the game kind of made a difference.

Also sorry LTFC for looking like I am having a go at you but just thought I should respond to something now as I left it so long to join the convo.

If we had Dark souls in the list some of us could change our vote. I'm pretty sure Dark Souls would score almost as high as Batman or Uncharted.

in whay way? bf2 was much better how so?

BF2 is just a PC game with a PC in mind.

BF3 is some sort of bitch child of BF2 and BFBC2 as clearly dice didn't know what type of game to make.
Make the PC players happy and alienate the console players or make it like BC2 and annoy the PC players.
So they made a game which is kind of in the middle.
I loved BF2 I used to play it alot but BF3 isn't BF2.
The best thing about BF3 is it is probably the best looking game to ever come out.

And since I have played it more than any other game this year according to my steam account I suppose my game of the year goes to:
FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012.

Last edited:

BF3 is some sort of bitch child of BF2 and BFBC2 as clearly dice didn't know what type of game to make.
Make the PC players happy and alienate the console players or make it like BC2 and annoy the PC players.
The best thing about BF3 is it is probably the best looking game to ever come out.

yh i played bf2 a bit but played loasds of bf1942 nad bf vietnam.

I find it hard to go back to or try bf2 though cause as you say bf3 looks so good and has so many other good/modern thigs going for it also that bf2 aint got.

And since I have played it more than any other game this year according to my steam account I suppose my game of the year goes to:
FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012.

brilliant post. fully agree. im a bit bored of bf3 already :YAWN: i hardly play the game. its no bf2 mate.

For me, the real BF3 game sequal is Arma 2/Arma 3.

Why? because Arma 2/3 have taken some of the fundamentals of bf type games and multiplied it by 100, adding a shit load of new/refreshing gameplay mechanics and made it challenging and hardcore.

A true BF sequal needs to look at this previous game, make it bigger, better and toss in a load of unique/refreshing gameplay mechanics to truly make it a proper BF sequal but they diddnt.

i am soo looking forward to Arma 3. i reckon that will be my game of the year.

Your right I have not tried Portal 2 yet but not many people I know have played it and those that have love it. I did enjoy Portal 1 though.
We are on a site for PES so would assume that would always come out on top.

But saying the quality difference is night and day between certain games in terms of quality?

I have not played the Uncharted games only tried the Uncharted 2 demo which I absolutly hated, have not tried Zelda either but wish Nintendo would do a Sega and quit the hardware race and just sell games.
But Batman and Forza being completly different in terms of quality, FIFA this year had the defending completly changed the game tweaked a little bit yes it still has the same annoying problems that every FIFA game has.
Forza is an arcade game and Batman although a great game the story was well below par as if a 6 yo wrote it and then they had to drag it out for 10 hours + it still had the same things which annoyed me in AA in there.

TBH I don't really have a game of the year of 2011 as with what a couple of people have said on here, I think games have completly lost their innovation and have also become ridicously easy these days.

BF3 was ok but was no BF2.
MW3 was probably the biggest pile of cack I have played in along time.
I have not played Skyrim as of yet as don't have enough time to play the game properly.

Despite probably buying more games this year than I have in any previous years there just wasn't anything this year what made me think that was much better than anything I played like Heavy Rain did last year innovative and what you did during the game kind of made a difference.

Also sorry LTFC for looking like I am having a go at you but just thought I should respond to something now as I left it so long to join the convo.

No probs mate, I just felt that the quality of those games in comparison to the football titles available were on another level in terms of playability, graphics, atmosphere, production values etc, although FIFA does score highly in presentation.

I see what you say about Nintendo, it's a shame not as many people are getting to see their best games at the moment but I'd never want to see them do a SEGA and quit the hardware side of things. In terms of consoles they've provided so much innovation in the past and the Wii U looks like it might do so again.

I see what you say about Nintendo, it's a shame not as many people are getting to see their best games at the moment but I'd never want to see them do a SEGA and quit the hardware side of things. In terms of consoles they've provided so much innovation in the past and the Wii U looks like it might do so again.

The Wii is the best selling console this gen by quite some distance so it's odd that he suggests they stop selling consoles.

brilliant post. fully agree. im a bit bored of bf3 already :YAWN: i hardly play the game. its no bf2 mate.

For me, the real BF3 game sequal is Arma 2/Arma 3.

Why? because Arma 2/3 have taken some of the fundamentals of bf type games and multiplied it by 100, adding a shit load of new/refreshing gameplay mechanics and made it challenging and hardcore.

A true BF sequal needs to look at this previous game, make it bigger, better and toss in a load of unique/refreshing gameplay mechanics to truly make it a proper BF sequal but they diddnt.

i am soo looking forward to Arma 3. i reckon that will be my game of the year.

I wodner if I should buy arma2? maybe Ill wiat for arma3?

if I even like at all?

Back
Top Bottom