Your favourite TV ads

The honda advert where all the car parts do something and its a big chain reaction... then a Honda Accord rolls off the platter.

if anybody is a secret phil collins lover, ahem, like moi

cadburys new advert with the gorrila

best advert ever!!! you tell me you havnt done that to this song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TnzFRV1LwIo

dunno what it is about but awesome!!
The girlfriend and I watched that ad and then looked at eachother like, "what, the hell, was that?" Totally stupid, IMO. If you're going to make it random make it funny, if you're going to make it emotional make it real. If you mix the two it's just... Well, WTF, basically.

The honda advert where all the car parts do something and its a big chain reaction... then a Honda Accord rolls off the platter.
Everyone, and I mean everyone, told me how incredible that advert was. I never "got" it. :eh:

Well JB it was car parts WORKING as they should do and it was causing a chain reaction which activated other car parts to do things :)

I know that much, I'm not blind. I just don't get why that's so spectacular. :eh:

I prefer the hilariously bad ones to the actual good ones, advertising makes my skin crawl so when they're screwing it up I think that's great. The RSPCA ads (although they are actually for a worthy cause) make me laugh my head off, Simon Cowell and Fearne Cotton talking about abused animals like they're pop bands and a fake crowd going "YAAAY!! AWWW!! YAAAY!!" Talk about bad taste, what next? A "Find Madeliene McCann" advert with a fake crowd going "BOOOO CHILD ABDUCTERS, BOOOO!!"?

And at the end they say "these are not real cases, but..." - HAHA, so you've just lied to me for 60 seconds. As ClassicD would say, get to fuck. :lol:

Last edited:
The new Woolies adverts are brilliant. "Bit on the dark side, isn't it?" :D

EDIT: And the new PC World advert is laughably bad. £500 PC for the daughter, then she says "you need an external hard drive dad, it's only £100" - to which he says "let's get both!" Sorry, but no. It would be "excuse me? Do you think I'm made of money? Seriously, what did you think I was going to say to you? Yes? And while we're here, why don't we buy an office chair, a desk and a gold-plated laptop for when you're out? You're bleeding me dry you bitch. YOU'RE NOT EVEN MINE. Piss off."

Last edited:
:lol: I saw that stupid ad today.

EDIT: And the new PC World advert is laughably bad. £500 PC for the daughter, then she says "you need an external hard drive dad, it's only £100" - to which he says "let's get both!" Sorry, but no. It would be "excuse me? Do you think I'm made of money? Seriously, what did you think I was going to say to you? Yes? And while we're here, why don't we buy an office chair, a desk and a gold-plated laptop for when you're out? You're bleeding me dry you bitch. YOU'RE NOT EVEN MINE. Piss off."
Hey Jack Bauer,

Do you notice does PC World adverts always have a woman buying a PC in it.

Of course, sex sells. They even had one of the last few where the guy obviously fancies her, and goes all shy. It's pathetic, at least there's adverts out there like the Irn Bru goths trying to get through to more people than randy teens/dirty old men who think buying a PC might lead to a shag.

All these prove advertising is good for the soul and required in order for the world to enjoy life.

What would christmas spirit be without Holiday are comin holidays are comin jingle jangle bingle jingly jangly.....coke and nike

Operation Iraqi freedom from the defence department.

Bush "The war in Iraq is actually about peace"

George Orwell "War is pease" 1984.

Advertising from the Ministary of truth, via newspeak.

If you work in advertising, marketing or public relations you should be thrown into pits full of copulating wolves with your hands tied behind you back and your remains should be placed into a nuclear cannon and your bits should be fired into the centre of the fucking sun!!

Last edited:
if anybody is a secret phil collins lover, ahem, like moi

cadburys new advert with the gorrila

best advert ever!!! you tell me you havnt done that to this song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TnzFRV1LwIo

dunno what it is about but awesome!!

mate, tonight i saw that advert again (only the second time i've seen it) and i immediately thought that is one of the best adverts ever! i was actually thinking about posting tonight to see if anyone else has seen it and i spotted this thread!

like you, i can't put my finger on why it's so good, but i just chuckle loudly when i see it!

genius!!

mate, tonight i saw that advert again (only the second time i've seen it) and i immediately thought that is one of the best adverts ever! i was actually thinking about posting tonight to see if anyone else has seen it and i spotted this thread!

like you, i can't put my finger on why it's so good, but i just chuckle loudly when i see it!

genius!!

This advert is brilliant. Apparently the gorilla represents the region in which they originally picked their cocoa from, and the choice of track and the setting (drums) is purely for entertainment.

My favourite ads at the minute are the Orange ones. They're very arty - I love the orange "coin" who rolls around an orange garden.

My least favourite are the army ones. The worst acted, stupidest pieces of shit I have ever seen, which they try to pass them off as something real ("I am... a... doctor... and... oh no your child is injurererd, what is wrong with..."), and then they cut them off and say "the story continues at our website". They should store the IPs of anyone who actually does and send them to out-of-work hitmen. Or, slightly less harsh, a local cinema showing decent films with decent storylines and decent actors & actresses - you have to be fucking sad to want to see how these "stories" end.

Back
Top Bottom