Your best/worst/most thrilling PES moment

*aLe

World Cup Winner
30 August 2005
Lombardia
NOT Lombardia NA.
Something different to discuss about, which is not related to comparing PES games each other or comparing any of them to FIFA.
I've posted this in the PC forum because this is the one I read the most, but (as you will see later in the post) it's open to every platform.

I'd like to know what is your best PES moment (a huge win, a suffered win after a tight match, or just a goal that sent you to 7th Heaven) and, maybe, the worst one and the most thrilling one. If you feel that's something worth telling, this is the place.

I'll start with my very own moments..

BEST MOMENT: Treviso-Chelsea 3-1 (PES5 PS2)
Got this win during a tournament (round robin against 3 friends) that I eventually won by beating also Celtic 2-1 and by losing against Barça 2-1 at extra-time. It has just been the best PES match I've ever played: pace, some skill in the midfield (Baseggio-Parravicini) and also a bit of luck with Sereni saving a penalty when the result was 2-1. There has been no match, after the first half I was 2-0 up with two goals by Borriello and the match was virtually closed. They could easily be more than 2 to be honest but Cech did a couple of wonderful saves. He got a chance around minute 50 and it ended up being a goal, the goal of 2-1. After that, I stupidly conceded a penalty (having also Viali sent off) but Sereni managed to save it. I moved Filippini where Viali was, then took Filippini and Guigou out to get Reginaldo and Cottafava in. From 4-3-2-1 (2 wingers and a CF) to 4-3-2 (two CF's) and I really didn't have the feeling of being one man down, and eventually got the 3-1 goal with a header by Parravicini from a corner in the loss time. Such a great feeling, I've always liked being the underdog and this match summed it all up: a weaker team, a perfect match in the midfield, some good finishing (even if it could have gone better)..

WORST MOMENT: Fiorentina-Juventus 3-4 (PES6 PS2)
You just need to know that I was 3-0 up at half time (Mutu-Toni-Montolivo), and I was on the top of the world. Then something weird happened: during thr second half I was unable to play and I just conceded the first, then the second.. At minute 70 we were 3-3 and I was completely outplayed, I just couldn't retain a single ball in the midfield. And then there came the fourth goal, it was predictable but it has been a shock anyway. At the end of the match I didn't just say a single word about it..

MOST THRILLING MOMENT: Milan-Fiorentina 2-1 (PES6 PS2)
Montolivo's 2-1 goal

Home-away match against a guy I knew. The first leg in Florence started with him scoring with Gilardino in the first 10 minutes. I managed to get the 1-1 in the loss time of the first half, then got the 2-1 and the 3-1 in the second half. Fair enough.
The second leg in San Siro has been a disaster though: my team was just absent, and at minute 86 I was 2-0 down with him winning by away goals. Then Mutu stole a ball on the left and gave it to the centre where Montolivo was arriving.. He stopped the ball and kicked it from 25 metres, and it went in.. Don't ask me how, but it went in near the far post with Dida not reaching it by an inch. I was about to cry..
I won on aggregate (4-3) but the minutes from 36 (2-0 goal by Gilardino) to 86 (2-1 goal by Montolivo) have been pain.

I think that one of the best features of PES is that it's universal then the feelings it provides can be shared.. I'm sure every of you just felt this way at least once and I'm sure there's plenty of stories worthy to be told..

online PES 2008, ROMANIA - NEDERLANDEN = 4-0 :) nice game, I do not remember more details, but it was great.

Worst Moment
In a master league Champions League match with hamburg against Barca I lost the first match in Camp Nou. 2-6. Nothing worked.

Thrilling Moment
The second match against Barca I won 5-1, scoring the the 5-1 in the last second. Aggregate 9-8. Incredible.

Best Moment
With Hamburg against Stuttgart. I won 13-0 on Worldclass. Don't know how, but it was defenetly fun. ;)

A second half in a ML semi-final of the "CL" with Auxerre against Real Madrid. it seemed i was down and out and then i scored 4 goals...

Unfortunately these magical moments are from PES4 and PES5...

Worst moment: that must be about a month ago when i decided i no longer like the ML because i'm fed up with the cheating AI.

Best: Roda JC 2-1 AIK

PESFan tournie. Lost the lead in the final minute. Then, won a corner, and retook the lead in the final minute too. :D

Nice topic.
Pes is full of such moments.
I always play a master league, creating a custom league with the top 16 teams ( Milan, Real, Barca, Man U, Liverpool etc etc) and i always take a middle team.
That master league in Pes5 is unforgettable. I have Olympiakos, Greece, and i have chased Real Madrid for nearly the whole 2nd round. I m in second place, 2 points behind them, and 3 matches remain, against Inter and Real (away) and against Verder (home). In Meazza, i receive 2 ridiculous goals, but after a thrilling 2nd half i win 2-3. Next in Bernabeu, they take the lead by 1-0. In the 2nd half, the most exciting and tense half (and match) i ve ever played, i make it 1-1 in '82 min and 1-2 in extra time. I was nearly gasping for air in the end.
And finally, being in 1st place at last, i have an easy match at home against Verder and......0-2! (bye bye championship, the first i was going to win ever in ML). I lost hands down, i could hardly create any chances. Of course this happened because i had taken victory for granted, but i didn't really care. Pes is a beautiful game....(not Pes2009 though)...

And finally, being in 1st place at last, i have an easy match at home against Verder and......0-2! (bye bye championship, the first i was going to win ever in ML).
It reminds me about a ML that I played in PES4.. Last match, 1 point ahead of Milan. I was Cagliari and I was playing against Bologna. I got ahead 1-0 but in the last 5 minutes I conceded a stupid goal that made the result 1-1. Meanwhile Milan won against Juventus and eventually won the championship by a single point..
$h!t happens, sometimes :CONF:

Most Thrilling: Spain 2-0 Brazil (Spain win 2-1 on aggregate).

Went round my friend's house yesterday - and we decided to play a 2-legged game. He was Brazil and I chose Spain. After losing the first leg 1-0 (could have 4-0 at the end), I needed some form of inspiration. Sadly enough, it wasn't looking like it was going to come.

Second leg half-time, it's 0-0, could have been leading or losing - so I had mixed emotions at half-time. Change around the 4-3-3 and Torres scores the goal I need, on 78 minutes. (This was my first real attack of the game as well). Last minute, Xabi Alonso gets the ball and makes a Giggs-esque run all the way to the goal. My friend is getting worried and brings out his 'keeper. I see Torres making a run and pass it to him - however, it misses him. I fell back.

All I remember is hearing the whistle go - and a red card is shown to Dida. My friend looks flabbergasted as I have a penalty to seal an unlikely win. Torres against Julio Cesar (subbed on for Lucio). Cesar stays in the centre as Torres places the ball into the bottom left corner. Game over with virtually no time left. But, he had other ideas. Kaka took the ball and crossed it in for Anderson. A goal then would have finished me. But, it went wide and that was full time. Incredible game saw me buzzing all the way back home. :D

Best: Scoring a 48m super cancel volley in PES 5; it's the last goal in "My top 20 PES 5 goals" video linked to in my sig.

Worst: Getting Lampard do a [] + X flick-up then overhead flick in PES 6, but then smashing the tough angle volley off the crossbar.

PES3, world cup finel vs friend, holland agnst argentina.
after 118 mintues, the score was 2-1 to him (argentina), and then in the lest corner of over time, Van der sar, the GK in the frist time of the game ever, has moved up to corner, and hes scoring the goal 2-2.. and then i won in penaltys..

was 3 nil down in the first 10 mins against sporting lisbon and came back to beat them 4-3.
Same here, except for this: I was the one who was ahead 3-0 and lost 3-4 :CURSE:

PES3, world cup finel vs friend, holland agnst argentina.
after 118 mintues, the score was 2-1 to him (argentina), and then in the lest corner of over time, Van der sar, the GK in the frist time of the game ever, has moved up to corner, and hes scoring the goal 2-2.. and then i won in penaltys..
I love the 2-2 goals scored at 90'+..

This is something that happened me during the first tournament of 2009, and would probably replace the Montolivo goal I mentioned in the first post..

PES6 PS2, original rosters. We decide to play a round-robin tournament, home and away matches. A friend of mine picks Chelsea, another Sampdoria. Then one picks Celtic and I go Chievo.
The final match of the tournament is Sampdoria - Chievo, and I'm leading the table, 3 points ahead of my opponent. I need at least a tie to win the tournament because we tied the first leg too, and if he won we would end at the same points, but he would win on aggregate.

He scores soon with Bonazzoli. At half time the score is 1-0 to Sampdoria. :CURSE:
In the second half I'm ready to give 120% to score the equalizer, but after a crossbar hit by Amauri, Bonazzoli manages to score again. 2-0. :CONF:
Then I bring on Pellissier for Amauri. I spent all the tournament insulting him for not having scored a single goal, but Pellissier scores, wonderfully assisted by Zanchetta, around minute 70. :EASY:
Then I start a forcing that leaves my opponent powerless. At minute 90 Zanchetta fires a shot from 25 yards, but the keeper deflects it on a flank. :BRICK:
Luciano gathers the ball anyway, crosses and Pellissier jumps higher than everyone in the box, smashing the ball in the bottom corner for the equalizer. :ROCK:
My opponent smashes his joypad, and as soon as he takes the kick-off the referee blows the final whistle.
You can't imagine what happened. :DRUNK::DRUNK::DRUNK:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom