Xport or Xsata?

Joystick

Deep like Titanic
10 August 2004
London
The Arse
I'm considering shelling out the £30 necessary to have an up to date option file for PES '09 on Xbox 360 (a bit bonkers I know) and I was wondering if there was any major difference between Xport and Xsata? Is there a distinct advantage of either product?

They both appear to cost the same and do the same things, but I was wondering if anyone here had any particular experience with these and if you have any tips/advice?

Many thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Xport of Xsata?

yeah, good question, was wondering about that too. I've got a mate who owns a memorycard for 360 so maybe i should go for the Xport option??

And which option file should i get?? The one from the WENB guys is the best???

cheers

*EDIT* Sorry, this should be titled 'Xport or Xsata?' *EDIT*

I'm considering shelling out the £30 necessary to have an up to date option file for PES '09 on Xbox 360 (a bit bonkers I know) and I was wondering if there was any major difference between Xport and Xsata? Is there a distinct advantage of either product?

They both appear to cost the same and do the same things, but I was wondering if anyone here had any particular experience with these and if you have any tips/advice?

Many thanks in advance

I'm in the same boat buddy, and there is an option file due out on an other site in the next day or so. It has all the transfers, kits, emblems etc etc, and to work on an unmodded Xbox 360.

You dont need and Xport or Xsata as you can get the option file transferred via a Datel Xbox 360 Data Transfer Kit. I picked one up for £7.50 from Amazon.

Check here pal. ;0)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...ds=datel+xbox360+data+transfer+kit+&x=10&y=12

or just buy fifa 09...... save the misery of polishing a turd....

I'm in the same boat buddy, and there is an option file due out on an other site in the next day or so. It has all the transfers, kits, emblems etc etc, and to work on an unmodded Xbox 360.

You dont need and Xport or Xsata as you can get the option file transferred via a Datel Xbox 360 Data Transfer Kit. I picked one up for £7.50 from Amazon.

Check here pal. ;0)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...ds=datel+xbox360+data+transfer+kit+&x=10&y=12

Euhm have you used it already for this?? There's a customer review that says something else then your statement ==>

Quote: "I bought this item thinking i could transfer data from my pc and onto my memory card. However this was not possible with this device and the software it came with (x-change 360). It was only possible to back up images of the memory card as a whole.
Id recommend people to buy either the xport or xploder (xploder cheat saves) usb adapter cables as unlike the data transfer kit they alow editing of memory cards. "

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/prod...48458-2751522?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Check here pal. ;0)

if using xsata does alll the kits appears during online.

Check here pal. ;0)

NIce one mate, ta very much. Have you actually used this device to transfer an option file though?

The benefit of Xport over Xsata is that you're not plugging anything directly into your console.

The Xport is a dock that you add the HDD to so it moves to wherever your PC is, the Xsata sits between the HDD and the Console, frankly is a bit of a swine to connect and disconnect and you need your PC nearby too. Xsata was out first but Xport is more sturdy and a bit more recent.

I haven't actually managed to get my Xport to read my 256Mb card yet, and I'm not sure if the larger card is supported even on the latest Xport software update, but it accesses the HDD perfectly anyway.

I've actually updated Uniform files from both the PES Fan and the PES Republic OFs (though you can't merge the data so you have to pick one or the other file for the transfers etc, but you can add kit pics from both)...

The benefit of Xport over Xsata is that you're not plugging anything directly into your console.

The Xport is a dock that you add the HDD to so it moves to wherever your PC is, the Xsata sits between the HDD and the Console, frankly is a bit of a swine to connect and disconnect and you need your PC nearby too. Xsata was out first but Xport is more sturdy and a bit more recent.

I haven't actually managed to get my Xport to read my 256Mb card yet, and I'm not sure if the larger card is supported even on the latest Xport software update, but it accesses the HDD perfectly anyway.

I've actually updated Uniform files from both the PES Fan and the PES Republic OFs (though you can't merge the data so you have to pick one or the other file for the transfers etc, but you can add kit pics from both)...

Awesome, thank you very much sir.

I have also heard rumours that the new xbox360 dashboard will have the ability to share files from a USB stick, much like the PS3 currently does. Here's hoping ;)

NIce one mate, ta very much. Have you actually used this device to transfer an option file though?

I dropped a bit of a clanger when I bought this kit, should have read that I'd needed a memory card as well. Doh !!

So thats £7.80 for the kit and £22 for a 64mb memory card. I could have bought an Xport for that. :0(

But yes it works mate. ;0)

I have also heard rumours that the new xbox360 dashboard will have the ability to share files from a USB stick, much like the PS3 currently does. Here's hoping ;)

Even if it does that doesn't mean we'll be able to use those imported files for PES2009 editing, PES2009 on 360 almost certainly doesn't have any function to allow files to be imported from the HDD, no matter how the images get to the HDD in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom