Xbox Live LAG!

Christosri

Non-League
4 August 2005
I'm properly gutted. I knew it would happen with my connection. Our house can't get anything better than 512 and 200mb upstream, so it was bound to be crap.

The first half is always fine (when I'm hosting) and everyone I play against says during the first half, it's fine for them too, but then at half time, when the hosting swaps to them, no matter how fast their connection is, it just becomes unplayable for me... so slow, jittery, screen freezing etc etc...

What I really dont understand is, why swap hosts at half time!? If no one has lag against me when I am hosting, then why do I then have to automatically swap at half time?! I then get a completely unplayable second half, and they experience yet more lag free football.

So my question is, does anyone know whether you can switch off host swapping at half time?

Please!!

You already have PES 5 Xbox? :shock:
Your question: The game switches at half time from host and it is not a bad idea. Suppose when not switching hosts, you have a bad connection rather than a good one, than you profit from your own bad connect. This way it't more fair and that's why you cannot switch it off.

(All what I wrote is based on what I read before; I still do not have the game, hopefully today!)

Last edited:
I'd love for a way of switching off the change at half time as well, but mainly for my opponent, as my upload is shite.

I dont mind being the one to suffer, because then at least I know what I'm in for, but when my poor opponent has to endure a possibly crap on a stick half of football it's just not gonna be worth me playing it online.

The ISP's over here are living in the dark ages when it comes to upload speed, they like to think "broadband" means quick webpage loading and nothing else.

is not true .........the online is good,i have 1,5MB connection and i play very good .........................when you play away play with people "arrow" green or yellow.:)

I'm currently on (2meg) = to 256kbmps up, and soon be be (10meg) = to 400kbmps up.

I'm buying both the ps2 version and xbox version.

for me online is awesome with no lag at all 75% of the match !!! Definetely great compared to PES4 !!!

Sometimes a bit of lag appear but it is nowhere close to what we experienced in PES4 ! Good job Konami ;)

RAISH said:
I'm currently on (2meg) = to 256kbmps up, and soon be be (10meg) = to 400kbmps up.

I'm buying both the ps2 version and xbox version.

Wher'is The online difference XBOX live(pes5) .....and PLAYSTATION2 Live (pes5)???

i have a PS2 version and i am HAPPY for this funcionallity online mode (lag is near to zero),

in Xbox live(i have console .....but not the game....) what we have?

headset....and.........;)

Bye Turr

I have played just one game online, and not sure if it switched hosts at half time or not, as it is true you can turn the host switching off. Lag wise it wasnt too bad, there was a little bif of lag but nothing like what I experienced playing PES 4 on Live. A one all draw was tge result, Inter v Chelsea, Martins scored a wheeker in the first half, but late on the 2nd I got an equaliser with Wright-Phillips with a sweet half volley from inside the box.

Is it just me, or are the keepers a little dumber?

But switching it off means you get lesser challenges, because everybody who joins, wants to change hosts at half time and I don't blame them ;)
It's only useful when playing tournaments where you have a home and away leg.
Else it would be a-social I think ;)

Back
Top Bottom