[XBO/PC] Titanfall

Got this and the Xbox One today and yes, I can confirm this game is super fun. Plays like a super mashup of Halo, COD, Quake, Unreal Tournament, etc. So far, at a few hours in, I've found most of the game modes (deathmatch, CTF, Domination) enjoyable which is a step up from most FPS games.

A terrific arcade shooter, for sure. If that's your thing, this game is great.

Did the first campaign mission last night. Got thrashed. But I didn't really notice until the end due to having so much fun. Love how even a loss can feel like a win with the rush to evac. Plus blocking people from stealing your Titan etc is great. They avoid the rage inducing moments where you call a care package in on call of duty, die a second later and then a team mate steals it.

Waiting for a voucher from Amazon (for signing up to LoveFilm for a month...) before getting this. Meant to have been a week or so ago, now they saying can be 30 days after 1st payment, so before 6th April... GERGH!

Cant wait, loved the beta!

I'll add you to my origins list, my origin ID - nad2dare

On the PC, do you guys prefer using a controller? Or traditional keyboard and mouse? I normally prefer the aiming advantage of K/M when playing an FPS on the PC, but with there being so much parkour in this game I'm wondering if using an analog for movement is more advantageous (or fun) than using the WSAD on the keyboard.

Loving this game on the XBox One. Fantastic arcade style FPS action. I love the "variety" playlist and the relatively fast level progression. About 20 hours in and still feels fresh.

On the PC, do you guys prefer using a controller? Or traditional keyboard and mouse? I normally prefer the aiming advantage of K/M when playing an FPS on the PC, but with there being so much parkour in this game I'm wondering if using an analog for movement is more advantageous (or fun) than using the WSAD on the keyboard.

Loving this game on the XBox One. Fantastic arcade style FPS action. I love the "variety" playlist and the relatively fast level progression. About 20 hours in and still feels fresh.

Wouldn't even attempt to play an FPS with a controller, you would get absolutely raped by K&M players.

just picked this up for PC, really enjoying it, although I havent got a clue what im doing in a Titan (yet!) - but I'm good running around and shooting shit :D

Dont overpay and buy it for £44 on Origin, get a game key for £28.09 from kinguin's site, one of the sellers there has 100% feedback and thats the one I used to buy it from, huge saving, cant believe Origin have it for £44 on PC!

Titanfall 2 is confirmed now, with EA now the publisher so Titanfall 2 will see a PS4 release.

Good news as well for PC players the game is getting a 4K patch soon..
The PC version of Titanfall will at some stage be adding 4K resolution support to the mix.

"Respawn has been working with Nvidia to add-in support for some Nvidia GameWorks features into the game.

As well as 4K display support and increased SLI compatibility, future patches will also add temporal anti-aliasing (TXAA) and horizon based ambient occlusion+ (HBAO+) support."

Wouldn't even attempt to play an FPS with a controller, you would get absolutely raped by K&M players.

Figured. I usually prefer FPS games on a computer for the K/M combo but I'll stick to the XBox One for this one. It's got enough Mirror's Edge to it that I prefer the fun of navigating the game on a controller.

Ready to go for me on the XBO when I get home tonight! Cant wait - loved the beta and was most fun I've had playing any game in a long time.

I prefer using a pad, for most of my pc gaming , apart from rts games.

Titanfall, was design for pad control, as pc k/m users have said on other gaming forums, that this game is better played on a pad & the m/k advantage is gone, especially with the running up the walls.

K/M over the controller definitely.

Have tried both and in reality you simply do not have the reaction to compete with the accuracy of the mouse pointer. Not only that but everything just feels so natural.

I finished the campaign the other night. I enjoyed it too. I read a few negatives on eurogamers forums so wasn't sure what to expect but I think it worked fine. There was enough of a story to it that I felt part of a battle and involved in the story.. But not too much to drag the pace down.
I need to replay through now as the other faction.

Only slight negative would be that I do wish they had used all game modes and not just TDM and hard point.

Still a lot of fun though.

PC Version is £14 for the next 8 hours on the Origin Mexico store.

But be warned the PC version is a 50.54GB download.

Back
Top Bottom