[XBO] Forza 5

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
Features:

Always racing, always adapting

• Never race alone.By learning how you and your friends drive, the power of the cloud delivers real human behavior. Drivatar technology creates an ever-evolving network of opponents who are always ready to race. Real tendencies, real mistakes, real victories.

• Rivals everywhere.Every corner a new challenge, every event a new chance to win. Compete against your friends’ top times in rotating challenges for in-game credits and bragging rights.

• Fast and fair multiplayer.With Smart Match matchmaking and Xbox Live dedicated servers, experience epic, fast and competitive multiplayer perfectly suited to your skill and style.2

• Curated customization.The power of the cloud means the best custom content now finds you. With a system that learns your preferred cars and paint schemes, seamlessly experience the most compelling user-generated content available.

• Your ever-growing garage.Your automotive journey continues long after launch. Download, drive and explore the most anticipated new cars in the world, months before they hit the showrooms, then challenge your friends in continuously updated online race events.3

As real as it gets

• Unprecedented visual realism.The definitive next-generation graphics engine delivers stunningly realistic visuals in 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.

• Leading simulation.Racing’s leading simulation engine, developed for Xbox One in conjunction with Calspan and the world’s top automotive manufacturers, makes driving easy to learn and rewarding to master.

• Dynamic damage.High-resolution damage modeling shows every bump and scrape. Roads accumulate tire rubber and debris. Racing has consequences; damage can stop you in your tracks.

• Astonishing detail.A new graphics engine created exclusively for Xbox One delivers physically based material rendering that re-creates the real-life characteristics of thousands of unique materials. Surfaces such as metal, glass, leather, rubber and concrete look real enough to touch.

• Living busy worlds.Racing comes alive with fans crowding the walls, helicopters circling overhead and the vibrant hum and spectacle of race day.

Your ultimate car fantasy

• Forzavista.Truly feel what it’s like to own the world’s most exclusive cars in an experience that brings you closer than ever to the history, craftsmanship and potential of every car in the game.

• Hundreds of next-generation cars.The most diverse lineup of vehicles ever seen in a "Forza Motorsport" game: from classic sports cars to modern tuners, purpose-built racers to extreme exotics and, for the first time in "Forza Motorsport," open-wheel race cars.

• Unique careers.Take your favorite cars through unique careers highlighting their greatest strengths, their most notorious rivals and their place in motorsport history.

• Laser-scanned tracks.Drive the world’s most legendary race circuits and exotic road courses, captured with millimeter accuracy.

• "Top Gear" exclusives.The world’s biggest automotive TV show teams up with the most innovative racing game yet. Take on Stig’s Digital Cousin in unique car challenges, turn a Power Lap on the Top Gear Test Track, and hear show hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May share their distinctive automotive insights throughout the game.

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0001.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0002.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0004.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0005.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0007.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0009.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0010.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0015.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0012.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0017.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_5-22266-2721_0018.jpg

Review embargo lifted at 2pm today.

Cant wait. Expecting 9s across the board.

Most exciting thing for me is how/if "Drivatar" will actually work, cos if it does, then it really opens up gaming for the future if they can adjust the AI on the fly and also make it more representative of other human actions in that game.

Be great for FIFA, shooters, golf games etc...

To be honest mate, I'm expecting lower scores. No next gen game has reviewed that well so far. I am hopeful that of any launch title, Forza would be the one that breaks the mould, but I'm cautious.

Cant see why it wont score high. It looks good from all the previews and nobody has indicated its not a great game.

Fair points :COOL:

Have you got the smartglass app yet? You can view the forza 5 page on that and it's got loads of user clips already uploaded. Looks quality and the clip saving thing is a great feature.

Just gonna be saying "xbox, record that" for hours I reckon! Every FIFA goal...

Have you got the smartglass app yet? You can view the forza 5 page on that and it's got loads of user clips already uploaded. Looks quality and the clip saving thing is a great feature.

Just gonna be saying "xbox, record that" for hours I reckon! Every FIFA goal...

Record that will be a superb feature, especially on games like this and Fifa.

Record that will be a superb feature, especially on games like this and Fifa.

Was always looking forward to it, but now I've seen how quick and easy the clips appear on XBL, it will be great. Especially once these start popping up in the activity feed from friends and followers!

Whats your XBL anyways, not sure I have you on my list? Be good to get a fellow Forza-erer on there!

Oof!!!! Eurogamer...

7/10

Now to read it.

EDIT: Ok, its not too said. Guessed they'd flag up the AI to some degree. Off to read/watch some others.

Last edited:
Seems like Eurogamer just being miserable!

Forza Motorsport 5 Review - GameSpot - 9/10

Review: Forza Motorsport 5 - Destructoid - 9/10

Forza Motorsport 5 Review - Gamereactor UK - 9/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review: drive angry | Polygon - 9/10

Forza Motorsport 5 Review - IGN - 8.8/10

Forza Motorsport 5 Review - AusGamers.com - 8.6/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review • Reviews • Xbox One • Eurogamer.net - 7/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review: Cloud strife | Joystiq - 4/5

Forza Motorsport 5 review: Real pretty, real realistic, real thin | Ars Technica

Every turn is a story in the solid Forza 5 for Xbox One (review) | GamesBeat - 85/100

Gamespot 9/10

TBH the XBO launch lineup has faired extremely well thus far. Ryse to go, although I'm predicting Ryse to fall. Ahh?

Gamespot 9/10

TBH the XBO launch lineup has faired extremely well thus far. Ryse to go, although I'm predicting Ryse to fall. Ahh?

Yea I'm getting Ryse with my pre-order for my sins. I reckon it could be fun for a bit, but not expecting anything mind blowing thats for sure.

Did you know the digital download of Forza can be played after 15% has been downloaded? Thats cool.

Reading the review it seems like they're using the score to send a message that stripped features and micro-transactions are shitty and should be stamped out, hard to disagree with that.

Reading the review it seems like they're using the score to send a message that stripped features and micro-transactions are shitty and should be stamped out, hard to disagree with that.

Yea absolutely.

Have to give a bit of leniancy though dont you for a newly launched game on a new platform?

Dont know... one part of me says it sucks that they content has dropped from Forza 4, but;

CARS: All now have Auto-Vista and new models. Probably unrealstic to expect it to be done for ALL previous cars and lets be honest, who wants all those cars? Barely collected 10% of them in Forza 4.

TRACKS: This is more problematic as it could get boring driving the same places, but they are all laser scanned from scratch, so again, could forgive that.

The cynic in me expects new tracks to arrive as DLC (obviously cars already gonna be DLC packs).

Forza 6 may bring the levels of content back into line, but personally it doesnt bother me.

..and so they should. This nonsense started with Forza 4 and looks to have taken an even more cynical turn in Forza 5. Turn 10 are clearly (imo) holding back content to sell to the user very quickly after release. It's not on and gamers should make a stand against this. Forza has gone from a franchise I really respected to a cash cow, nothing more.

It almost like Turn 10 are trying to use the free-to-play model here with all the add-on content while still charging £40 for the game in the first place.

Forza 5 with all the content will probably cost about £100.

Had a race on Forza and the graphics are pin sharp, the rumble in the trigger when braking is good as well.

Can see that being a good feature especially in FPS's

Back
Top Bottom