[XB360/PS3/PC] Portal 2

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
Surprised there isn't a thread on this, already? Maybe I'm missing it.

Anyway, heard nothing but positive news on this. Couple of mates absolutely love it and claim the level designs are genius.

Averaging around 95% all over the net, too :

GameRankings - 94%
Metacritic - 95/100
Edge - 9/10
Eurogamer - 10/10
G4 - 5/5
Game Informer 9.5/10
IGN 9.5/10

Any takers?

Put PES on the backburner for this. Great game. Co-op is excellent. My GF actually likes playing this game, so I get to enjoy it with her. Fun game. Great stuff from Valve. Might get for PC, see how it looks on my gaming rig. I currently have it for X360.

I will buy it but i'd rather wait for the hype to go down a bit first so i can be pleasantly surprised when i forget that reviewers are claiming it to be the new black and a) i bought MK9 instead and b) i'll wait for a price drop

Didn't like the first (or rather didn't 'get it') but bought this because of the reviews and hype.

Must say, it is very good. Aside the gameplay, the story and voicing (Stephen merchant) is really well done.

My biggest problem is that there is VERY little too it. Once the single player is done and the co-op (which I doubt I will do) then there is no reason to ever play it again. Game desperately needs a time/score attack mode and leader boards.

Might not even complete it before trading it in, which is a shame.

Did anyone else pick this up on Steam in the sale? It was like £5 for Portal 2 or £6 for both 1 and 2.

I had The Orange Box for 360 but thought I'd play through the first again on PC - what a classic!
I just love how original and inventive it was, such a clever idea for a game IMO, it's probably my favourite game of the last decade :).
I tried completing all of the "Advanced Chambers" but a couple of them are just ridiculous, especially the one with the turrets in the cages!

Just started playing through the single player story mode, it hasn't disappointed so far, seems a worthy successor to the original! A couple of my flatmates have just got it as well so I'm looking forward to having a go at the co-op stuff soon, I can imagine that could get pretty insane (what with 4 portals on the same map :LOL:).

They've just released the "Perpetual Testing Initiative" DLC, which allows the community to easily create and share their own test chambers - I downloaded the "12 Angry Tests" pack and it's super hard, I'm stuck on the second one :LOL:.

I can see myself playing this for a very long time, especially with all of the readily available maps to download!

Seriously recommend this game to anyone, as I said before, Portal is IMO a brilliant idea for a game and is one of the only ones on this generation that actually makes you think (a lot!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone still playing this? The sheer amount and quality of the levels available through Steam is insane, I've had to give up after countless failed attempts for the sake of my sanity on some of them :LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom