x64 OS support?

Thanks mate, I will wait for its arrival on friday then. Might need a guiding hand through what to do as I am a computer twit ;-)

You just made an old man happy again

lolol it was really simple in the end...

1. Copy all the dvd contents to a folder on your Hard drive.
2. Replace the installer with the (x64)fix in earlier page.
3. Right mouse click on setup.exe and auto run and change them to win xp mode.
4. Install and play :)

One question guys...
Pes2008 has better performance on Vista? or it runs better in xp?
I´m confused...
Thanks!

simply put t it sucks on vista64bit for anyone with 4 gig of ram
i had to remove 2 gig last night to get the game to run. thank good i dont have a widescreen monitor otherwise i would have given up this game!!!

Hi..

i tried this xp.fix file and it helped me to install the game atleast but when i tried to run the game by clicking pes2008.exe it gave me this error "The File Pes2008.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine"

so i give up this game finally. Over to fifa!

You can also make it run by copying the files over from the CD (just the Program Files folder on the disc) and throwing the following into a .reg file and importing it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KONAMI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KONAMI\PES2008]
"installdir"="C:\\Program Files\\KONAMI\\Pro Evolution Soccer 2008\\"
"code"="ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST"
"version"="1.00.0000"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KONAMI\PES2008\1.00.0000]

Obviously replace cd key (and change path if needed).. capitalize properly, don't use dashes. 20 digits.

hey, to the people using Vista 64 bit, and also who have 4 GB of ram, ive been told that PRO EVO wont use all that 4 gig and will only run on 2 gig...so im gonna suggest something that might help, something you can do without physically removing 2 gig of memory.

Type msconfig into the start/search box. On the 'Boot' tab, select
'Advanced Options' and check 'Maximum memory'. Set it to 2GB.

Can someone try this and verify if it works?

On my Vista x64 (a bit off-topic I know but still), the game runs really badly. So jerky and juddery during gameplay that it is unplayable, even on 640x480 with all graphics set to minimum. But all of my other games run fine.

I only have a GeForce 6600, so I'm not expecting it to run with all of the fancy bits switched on, but it's unbelievable that it doesn't even run smoothly at 640x480. I'm sure it's because PES2008 doesn't like Vista, because other people on here have said they have the same setup and it works great...

Last edited:
I've also played the demo in XP 64 bit...
didn't know there are so much users, i've only wrote a guide in israeli site

Football manager also did'nt want to install, but this u can solve just by changing the compabitility mode

Unfortunately it doesnt solve my problem. I can install the game but when i am entering the Setup the Message "You fail to reach the minimal requirements..." and i just can play it in 640x480 etc. The same problem exists in the demo but the Kitserver solves it, but now the kitserver doesnt work with the full version.

i have this problem but on vista 64.i have 8800 gts card.anybody help me :D:D

On my Vista x64 (a bit off-topic I know but still), the game runs really badly. So jerky and juddery during gameplay that it is unplayable, even on 640x480 with all graphics set to minimum. But all of my other games run fine.

I only have a GeForce 6600, so I'm not expecting it to run with all of the fancy bits switched on, but it's unbelievable that it doesn't even run smoothly at 640x480. I'm sure it's because PES2008 doesn't like Vista, because other people on here have said they have the same setup and it works great...

The video card isn't the only thing that pushes the game. Post the rest of your computer specs (Processor, RAM, OS).

@ Suto007:
If you got 4gb of memory do Bournesniper's tip:

@ Suto007:
If you got 4gb of memory do Bournesniper's tip:

i've try that and it doesn't work either.i have this comp athlon 5200+ x2 4 gb ddr2 8800 GTS and vista 64 bit.i try everything install all new drivers also dx and no progress to me :S
helppppppppppp pleaseeeee

lolol it was really simple in the end...

1. Copy all the dvd contents to a folder on your Hard drive.
2. Replace the installer with the (x64)fix in earlier page.
3. Right mouse click on setup.exe and auto run and change them to win xp mode.
4. Install and play :)

You are a genius my friend :applause: My Pro Evo now works \\:o/ Annoyed at Konami though.

Back
Top Bottom