WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 (360/PS3)

D

DagsJT

Anyone else getting this? I haven't watched wrestling for years so probably don't know most of the wrestlers but I always find the games fun to play :)

This version seems interesting as you can create your own storyline and share it online with others, so it should last a while!

Ay haven't watched it for a while but the games were good fun but got extremely repetitive. Here Comes the Pain was the last one that made a big jump game-play wise. Hows the gameplay moved on now?

I played last years and found it good, this year there's supposed to be LOADS more moves to do.

Plus the unlimited story modes, longetivity shouldn't be a problem really.

Check out the video review on IGN, gives a good overview of what this one is like.

Although I love pro-wrestling I seriously hate the WWE and any product that is similar to it.

I have read the reviews and I could maybe get past the fact it was WWE if it was my kind of game but it is not. All that wacky storyline BS is not for me. Plus the reviews are not really talking about the A.I. I know WWE games have always had pretty dumb A.I.

I have been waiting for a good wrestling game since KOC 2 on the PS2. It has been a long 4 - 5 years and looks like I am still gonna be waiting.

Got my copy today from shopto. Much better than last years and all the new modes and options mean I'll be playing and tinkering with this for many months. I've actually played some matches this year and enjoyed them (on 09 I hardly touched the actual gameplay and just made caws) and the improved Royal rumble is just brilliant. Lots of different ways to eliminate people and a lot of replay ability with it.

CAW mode is just mind blowing. Up to 4 attires for each caw, draw your own face paint tool will make attires and face paints so much better looking. The only drawback is caws are going to take way more time to make than normal.

We're just on our way out in a bit so I can't really list everything I liked and so on. But it's very good.

I hated the fact that they've moved the moves to the analogue stick, it just didn't work.

Every game since Here Comes the Pain has been utter shite IMO, if they just went back to that formula it would be great.

Something which I'd love from these games is exaggeration. Wrestling is exaggerated a lot and you don't get that with these games. For example. 100% of the time its.

1) beat em up till you get a Finisher
2 Pull of the Finisher
3) Pin

and it just gets dull. The should make it interesting by having certain people much harder to beat and maybe having you use different tactics or even forced to cheat using weapons to beat them.

Are people actually getting this? I have seen not much that would make me want to buy this, I really hope WWE moves SvR away from THQ, there is not much more they can do anymore.

Something which I'd love from these games is exaggeration. Wrestling is exaggerated a lot and you don't get that with these games. For example. 100% of the time its.

1) beat em up till you get a Finisher
2 Pull of the Finisher
3) Pin

and it just gets dull. The should make it interesting by having certain people much harder to beat and maybe having you use different tactics or even forced to cheat using weapons to beat them.

Personally, I think they should go for a completely different tact.

Wrestling is fake and results pre-determined (sorry for anyone under 16, you find this out as you get older :LOL:), so the game should actually be booking or being booked into matches and you have to hit certain spots that are required to put the match 'over' with the crowd.

Wrestling as a straight beat 'em up is a bit pointless as you *have* to win every match in your career - but some of the best matches in the WWE have been when favourites have lost, or there has been shock 'results' to move a storyline along.

I believe Lance Storm said that to THQ when they were asking for wrestler input when they first started making the WWE/WWF games years ago and he said they just gave him a blank look and asked if anyone else had any ideas.

Exactly, it should be more about booking than the actual wrestling, getting young stars over with the crowd, faces/heels, turns/swerves etc. etc.

Personally, I think they should go for a completely different tact.

Wrestling is fake and results pre-determined (sorry for anyone under 16, you find this out as you get older :LOL:), so the game should actually be booking or being booked into matches and you have to hit certain spots that are required to put the match 'over' with the crowd.

Wrestling as a straight beat 'em up is a bit pointless as you *have* to win every match in your career - but some of the best matches in the WWE have been when favourites have lost, or there has been shock 'results' to move a storyline along.

I was messing around on this game last night and your post popped into my head. You're describing the legend matches that werein the LOWM game last year. Where you had to recreate pre determined spots. That was a lot of fun.

The closest this year is the storyline creator mode. You can't set numerous goals per match like on LOWM but you can set rules for matches and pick who wrestles who and write the story how you want and share it. I've hardly touched the mode myself but from a little mess around in it, it seems awesome.

-

Did any other Evo Webber pick this game up in the end?

I was messing around on this game last night and your post popped into my head. You're describing the legend matches that werein the LOWM game last year. Where you had to recreate pre determined spots. That was a lot of fun.

The closest this year is the storyline creator mode. You can't set numerous goals per match like on LOWM but you can set rules for matches and pick who wrestles who and write the story how you want and share it. I've hardly touched the mode myself but from a little mess around in it, it seems awesome.

-

Did any other Evo Webber pick this game up in the end?

That sounds like a good mode... some of the best gaming in my yoof, was when me and my mate had a notepad out and kept track of our own WWF rankings (and boxing using Virtua Boxing on the Saturn and World/Euro Cups with ISS Deluxe on the SNES!).

Be good to have something similar in the game - may check this out and pick it up.

Back
Top Bottom