World Snooker Championship 11

Might be good if they remove the positioning aids and reduce the amount of aiming aid.

They need to improve the physics too - it's laughable really that Virtual Pool 3 (released 2000) still has the most accurate physics for a snooker/pool game...

EDIT - Just watched the trailer... They promote "pixel-perfect physics" and then follow that statement up with a bunch of ridiculous, impossible swerve shots...

Fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I really like this series of games. Will probably pick this up :TU:.

Just watched the trailer, some of those shots do look a bit "iffy", yes :LOL:. Super slow mo replays look awesome though.

Last edited:
I think this is another game I'll look to pick up at a later date for a fiver...

Doesn't look like anything revolutionary, in fact nothing really impresses me about the feature list, and screenshots still show the positioning aid (which is a stupid feature, '04 didn't have one and I managed century breaks very often on it).

I don't think I've owned a snooker game since Jimmy White's on the Amiga.
I had Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snoker on Megadrive, loved it! :)

I also own Jimmy White's Cueball 2 and Cueball World - never got round to playing Pool Paradise, but I enjoyed that series of games, it's a shame there hasn't been a sequel!

You can turn the positioning aid off you know?
I know, but online you couldn't filter games to just play with the positioning aid off, and I'm never really a fan of playing offline game-modes in sports titles, and I don't remember the AI being particularly realistic in WSC '09.

Oh, I'm the opposite, WSC offline is one of the most realistic sports sims in terms of opponents imo. If you're playing a top opponent then they'll really punish you if you make a mistake, but against some lesser opposition they might let you back in again.

Yeah, I suppose you're right in that sense, with the top players being a lot more unforgiving, it's just that the individual shots were sometimes a bit ridiculous, even by professional standards!

Did you play WCS 2004? I think that one was probably the best in the series, I enjoyed it a lot anyway :).

Watching the trailer again, I can't believe they still havn't sorted out the animations - players getting up half way through the shots, not cueing straight... seriously?...
Even players at a very low level don't do either of those things - you can go to your local snooker hall and see better technique than the animations in WSC for the top professionals.

Not only should the animations be realistic, they should be varied and have different players signature styles, such as Marco Fu's "point and hit" action, or Stephen Lee's super-smooth cueing. I thought that would pretty much be a priority for them, but the animations look untouched...

Bad physichs, bad animations.
Forgive me, but the only hardcore snooker simulation available is Virtual Pool 3, snooker, Loch Lomond.

Bad physichs, bad animations.
Forgive me, but the only hardcore snooker simulation available is Virtual Pool 3, snooker, Loch Lomond.
Agred.

VP3 is by far the best snooker game available!
Celeris should release a sequel! They must still be around if they released the iPhone version not too long ago...

Back
Top Bottom