World Football Climax (SEGA - PS2)

Always look forward to new football games. New football games means more competition, which again (probably) means better football games! And this one looks good, actually!

SXFuzz: is that a Steffen Iversen avatar you have got?

Mikey, you need to lay of off my back and take a damn chill pill or something. You tell me future then.. ?

I will be looking forward to this game.

Maybe someday a time will come when you have 3 equally good series to choose from like back in the day when you had fifa (before they went to shit), world wide soccer and iss / we.

i've never actually played wws but i heard it was the best sports game for Sega Saturn.

jimis said:
Yes but, SWWS was befor WE/ISS/PES 98 so Konami has taken a lot of this Game and tuned it very well! also Fifa has taken some things from SWWS! before this Iss players look like aliens, after SWWS Konami copy a lot of things , also from the Gameplay!!!!

So i think Sega can do the same with WE/Pes!

For me its the animations, the Gameplay, round about how the Game "feels" Important! I pray tha Football climax will be great!

Sega were the first to use the power bar in a footie game, they also came up with the auto cross (which is when you press the long ball button near wings at the opponents area and the player crosses the ball without the power bar).

But those concepts were all from Virtua Striker.

http://wfc.sega.jp

http://sega.jp/info/060420_1.html

060331_1c.jpg
060331_1d.jpg
060420_1g.jpg

wfc2zz.jpg
060331_1a.jpg

Last edited:
whoa!! that bottom left pic looks ace!! all of a sudden i'm thinking "this might give konami a real run for thier money seriously", because if it plays anything like WE/PES gameplay with more atmosphere (like, croud chants, more clubs, more leagues, loads of animations) i might be getting this as a substitute for pes6 giving that it might come out before it.. :)

EDIT: big thanks to "NickSCFC" :) ........here are some of the picts on the site if you cant be bothered to bloddy click the link. ;)

pict1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled4.jpg

untitled5.jpg

untitled6.jpg

untitled7.jpg

untitled8.jpg

untitled9.jpg

untitled10.jpg

enjoy :)

Last edited:
yeah the first day in june. I guess we will have 3 football games out before the world cup then. this might be interesting

ye i thought so as well.... it definately looks a lot like WE esspecially the gameplay huds (stamina bar, names bar, time etc) looks almost exactly like Konami's, and as i said prior, just hope it plays anything like it because the managing aspect of the game already looks better that FIFA's :shock: so probably an unofficial mix of WE/PES and fifa's best qualities?? we shall see :)

Dodas!

Thats crazy i was even singing the lyrics of Dream on from you post and then you have a picture of (i believe) David Gahan,

Man i such a massive depeche mode fan saw them in Manchester a few weeks ago it was awesome.

Where did you get the pic from..
Apologies for being off topic, please PM if you feel necessary

(wwsoccer was a good game in s saturn, don't know why they didn't continue in ps2)
i don't know why some people thing the graphic of this game don't look good, for me it look great, if u see the pitch texter and the crowd it looks better then pes to be honest, and yes the game does look like pes alot i hope it plays good to.
are they going to relise the game in europe also? or is it going to be only in japon??

OHHHH Yes pics looks great, i hope gameplay will be good then........!

Forza Sega like the good old days on Saturn!!!!

Back
Top Bottom