World Cup 2010 - The Argentina Thread - Una pasion unica

I think the doctor is trying to raise other side issues to distract attention from the team TSO. ;)

Team morale is good:
610x-3.jpg

Training:
YouTube - Últimos 15 minutos del entrenamiento Argentino [Sudafrica 2010]

Come on Argentina !! Enjoy the whimsy at the end ;) :
YouTube - ARGENTINA READY FOR WORLD CUP 2010

I just want that Palermo doesn't take the promise too serious. :LOL:

Yeah amigo all atmosphere around your team is fantastic. The chemistry between players, staff and afición is quite good. I only hope Maradona doesn't spoil your ambitions.

¡Vamos Argentina!

I just want that Palermo doesn't take the promise too serious. :LOL:

Yeah amigo all atmosphere around your team is fantastic. The chemistry between players, staff and afición is quite good. I only hope Maradona doesn't spoil your ambitions.

¡Vamos Argentina!

Thanks amigo. Likewise I hope for Portugual to go deep into the tournament even if you have Queiroz in charge.

Maybe meet in the final ? ;)

^Hahaha very funny seem those punishments we do when playing with friends. :D

Maybe meet in the final ? ;)

Deal!
Messi vs Ronaldo would be great for the press and commercials.

Is just a dream. Portugal has a decent but not spectacular squad. Plus we have Brazil in our group and possibly face Spain next stage.

Argentina has strong chances to reach the final. You have an inspired Di María. I bet he will lead La Albiceleste into a great tournament. :SMUG:

^Hahaha very funny seem those punishments we do when playing with friends. :D

Deal!
Messi vs Ronaldo would be great for the press and commercials.

Is just a dream. Portugal has a decent but not spectacular squad. Plus we have Brazil in our group and possibly face Spain next stage.

Argentina has strong chances to reach the final. You have an inspired Di María. I bet he will lead La Albiceleste into a great tournament. :SMUG:

Funny video m.i.h.a.y.l.o. ;) Yes they are having a good time and are relaxed which is always a good thing. Best of luck to Serbia too. I have a soft spot for your nation.

You never know TSO. But yes to be honest unless Almeida hits a hot streak (can Liedson really do the business ?)with Ronaldo then losing Bosingwa etc makes this squad not as good I think than the one in 2006. Miguel is a pale shadow of himself and Ferreira is not as good a replacement at the back.

I think di Maria could show everyone who has not seen him at Benfica and the u20 WC where I first liked what I saw of his talents.

Sadly he looks like Mourinho wants him at Real Madrid on one flank to complement Ronaldo on the other. You do get 40M euro though apparently and might see Sebastian Leto as a replacement for him.

Saludos hermanos. :)

Funny video m.i.h.a.y.l.o. ;) Yes they are having a good time and are relaxed which is always a good thing. Best of luck to Serbia too. I have a soft spot for your nation.

Thank you.It is nice to see a team relaxed and having fun on training!Maradona is great guy!

Alright lads.

If we get your mob in the quarter finals, I demand all your players wear gloves covered in superglue... :D

Seriously though - your team.

It's hard enough to work out what is going on in Maradona's head at the best of times, but who to your best knowledge, do you think will be 100% starting players?

I'm not referring to who you hope will play, but players that will definitely play.

It's just that I was half tempted to stick a fiver on a bet for Milito top scorer.

I think you should start with a Messi - Milito - Di Maria forward line, but that's just me :)

Cheers boys.

What's Bilardo saying there that's shocking?!

This is it PLF:
http://www.sportsnewsandscores.com/tag/general-manager-bilardo

:SHOCK: It's meant in jest to distract the media spotlight off the players.

Apparently Messi is feeling much fresher but the chief trainer Signorini thinks he could have done with more rest in the regular season.

Steevio this is the projected line up:

-------------------------Romero--------------------------
--------------Dimichelis--------Samuel---------Heinze----
Gutierrez--------------Mascherano------------------------
-----------------------------------Veron-----------------
----------------------------------------------di Maria---
--------Tevez-----------Messi----------------------------
------------------------Higuain--------------------------

4-3-3.

Messi in a free role. Gutierrez in a wingback role. Tevez to cover RM when required and switch with di Maria if required as well.

D.Milito will be a substitute for Higuain.Dependent on the tournament performance he may become a starter.

Aguero for Tevez.
Pastore for Veron and Maxi Rodriguez for either di Maria/Messi.

At the back Burdisso for either CB (I'd prefer him to start with Samuel)and Clemente if required for more pace instead of Heinze.

I'm sure Carlitos remembers the tremendous reception and affection afforded him by the Hammers faithful. Truly heart warming. :)

Sadly I doubt that Steevio but given that Gold and Sullivan perhaps not the most popular of club chairmen at the moment given their treatment of Zola, are interested or were interested in bringing back Henry.....

I can see Tevez in Spain if Abu Dhabi United suceed before a few seasons with Boca.

But he'll certainly remember the Boleyn and the fans.

That was funny PLF. Heres another comical tale. ;)

http://www.topnews.in/sports/tevez-credits-walking-around-naked-room-sharp-shooting-skills-211531

Not a pleasant sight I'd imagine (perhaps better not to imagine).

Just a couple of videos. Triumph in 1978:
YouTube - Argentina . Holland 1978 in Argentina

Messi inspires the 2005 u20 WC win and comes to the attention of the footballing public at large.

YouTube - Lionel Messi - World Youth Championship 2005

Lionel is raring to go though none of the players are labelling themselves as favourites. Higuain chooses Spain as the WC winner. The Spanish players choose Brazil or Argentina in their turn.

Ah the mind games...... ;)

Gold & Sullivan are fine here, mate - not really unpopular at all.
Sometimes they could do with being a little less public, but it's not a big deal.

They were right to get rid of Zola, as he was tactically inept, way out of his league and simply incompetent.
Such a shame for a great player and good man.

Tevez WILL come back.
But it will probably be when he is about 39! :D

Gold & Sullivan are fine here, mate - not really unpopular at all.
Sometimes they could do with being a little less public, but it's not a big deal.

They were right to get rid of Zola, as he was tactically inept, way out of his league and simply incompetent.
Such a shame for a great player and good man.

Tevez WILL come back.
But it will probably be when he is about 39! :D

Who knows ? di Canio and Tevez as coaches. ;) The Academy is still producing the players. :)

Some of the great colour and passion and chants and songs Albiceleste fans bring to the WC. Let's hope that the vuvuzela cacophony does not drown this out along with the Korean drums, Manolo etc etc.

YouTube - Mundial 2010 Publicidad hinchada

I think Messi will turn it on when it really matters, you need luck to win a World Cup so I'd think you'd need to avoid Spain.

I think Messi will turn it on when it really matters, you need luck to win a World Cup so I'd think you'd need to avoid Spain.

It looks initially as if he will play centrally. So hopefully he will YoungGun. ;)

I think if we do get to the semifinals we will have to in all probability play Spain. But as the old cliche goes every team deserves respect and take each game by itself. Each minute by minute.

Yeah just noticed that you might get Spain the Semi's. Spain will have a tough road to the final it seems.

Im considering a top-scorer of WC bet for Gonzalo Higuain. Who would take penalties tho when Argentina get some...

01-1.jpg

Life of the young Leo in Grandoli.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...-boy-lazy-suburb-turned-global-superstar.html

And Diego has no problems with the new Jabulani ball:
YouTube - Quem reclamou da Jabulani? Maradona dá espetáculo com bola da Copa!

Hope he has coached his set piece takers with some tips. :)

Let's hope we dance the tango this afternoon ,the balletic movements which are synonymous with Argentine football. Some music from the great Argentine classical composer Astor Piazzolla:

YouTube - Astor Piazzolla - Libertango

:WORSHIP:

Im considering a top-scorer of WC bet for Gonzalo Higuain. Who would take penalties tho when Argentina get some...

I think Leo is certainty for Pens, Higuain is a great goalscorer for Real but he has wasted a lot of chances for Argentina in the run up to the World Cup

Back
Top Bottom