World Cup 2010 - Spain Thread - Vamos Espña !!!

Spain's goal is offside. Well, the referee was south-american (like all Portugal matches), so, nothing we weren't expecting. Then, that son of a bi*** Capdevila deserving an Oscar... I just hope Tacuara kills Spain in the 3rd of July...

Last edited:
Spain's goal is offside. Well, the referee was south-american (like all Portugal matches), so, nothing we weren't expecting. Then, that son of a bi*** Capdevila deserving an Oscar... I just hope Tacuara kills Spain in the 3rd of July...

Hey dude, they truly deserved the victory tonight. No complains about referee, he was very correct, the goal is clean and our player Ricardo Costa was a cunt with Capdevila.

All we must do is give congratulations to Spain.

If Portugal would find a goal in the first half then the game could be much better but the second half Spain play another world football,what a great passes,they are the biggest fav of the World Cup,far away better than Argentina,Germany and Brazil,i cant stop saying it but Ronaldo is the most overrated player of all time in the football history..

TSO im really f*cked up now, and ima let you finish, but Ronaldo is the worst player in the Portuguese jersey of all time..

Spain get the job done and deserve victory but again, they can be a lot better and I think they would be if Xabi Alonso played in Sergio Busquet's role and Fabregas and Xavi were the two central midfielders ahead of the DMF (Now Xabi instead of Busquets) with the latter making occasional forward runs in the box giving Spain yet another attacking outlet rather than always relying on Villa's magic.

Xabi Alonso is more than capable of fulfilling the role Busquets plays as DMF in front of back 4. In fact I think he'd do it even better.

Llorente came on for Torres and Spain instantly looked better. He's got much more of a physical presence due to his super height and offers something different. Was a good sub.

What I really don't understand is how the hell he ended up with the captain's armband!

I bet Ricardo Carvalho (he was good today) and Simao who are veterans, still important to team and 1st choice players (especially Ricardo) and were there long before Ronaldo, weren't too happy when Mr. Ronaldo was suddenly appointed captain awhile back. Being a great footballer shouldn't make you captain of the team. For me, he's still not captain material, let alone 2 years ago when he was appointed ahead of the likes of those two.

Well done Eduardo though! Great World Cup for him! And Fabio Contreao as well. Two new stars were 'officially' made. :WORSHIP:

I don't know. I don't like the way Spain plays football. I think it bores me. I'm not saying they're bad, they're very comfortable on the ball. Problem is they're very predictable to me. I almost know what their next move is. I guess that is the difference between them and Brasil. With Brasil, when I think I know what is going to happen next, they surprise me. It's the improvising factor.

I know I'm going to get stick for this but this is my opinion.

I don't know. I don't like the way Spain plays football. I think it bores me. I'm not saying they're bad, they're very comfortable on the ball. Problem is they're very predictable to me. I almost know what their next move is. I guess that is the difference between them and Brasil. With Brasil, when I think I know what is going to happen next, they surprise me. It's the improvising factor.

You're not alone anymore my friend. I have the same opinion, exactly the same. Don't like that tiki-taka style, there is a lot of ball possession in the midfield, they are all sitting around making passes all the time in that zone. Very predictable. Is just about ball possession. I've never saw them scoring an header. I prefer other style of football, fast and strong upfront.

I had the same kind of attitude towards Spain during the Euros but it did win them the tournament. Let's see if it wins them the World Cup...

What you guys blaming Spain style and called it slow? it was the best game of the world cup by FARRRRR...the pace of this game against portugal was perfect, football cant get no better than this...good pace,good technical skill and abilitys, it was a good game.

hhahahahahahahaha

VILAL GLORY !!!!!!!!

Espana-Portugal_imagenes.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA

tomaaaaaaaaaaaa viva españaaaaaaaaaaaaa viva españaaaaaaaaaaa

villa goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Last edited by a moderator:

you come back to home....:BRMM:

Completely agree, I also see it as wasteful. Drekkard wrote something about this a few pages back. They dominate games with 60%+ possession but find it difficult to score more than 1 goal. And when teams press, they seem to struggle, like against Chile and Switzerland.

hhahahahahahahaha

spain dancing portugal

hahahahaha

ronaldo is shit, big shit.

VILAL GLORY !!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

puto baile que les hemos pegado, os hemos enseñado a jugar a futbol cobardes!!! que sois unos cobardes, todos colgados del larguero, cobardes!!!

hablad de carbonero hablad !!!!! tomaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is there any reason to insult? Is in the victory that we see how worthy is a person. Those things make half Europe hating Spain. The image spanish press pass to others make them overbearing, arrogant and haughty. Thats why italians say "Thanks Switzerland". It's a shame, thanks God this isn't the real image of Spain. I praise Drekkard for his non biased views.

Last edited:
hhahahahahahahaha

spain dancing portugal

hahahahaha

ronaldo is shit, big shit.

VILAL GLORY !!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

puto baile que les hemos pegado, os hemos enseñado a jugar a futbol cobardes!!! que sois unos cobardes, todos colgados del larguero, cobardes!!!

hablad de carbonero hablad !!!!! tomaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm making the possibles for your ban.

I think they would be if Xabi Alonso played in Sergio Busquet's role and Fabregas and Xavi were the two central midfielders ahead of the DMF (Now Xabi instead of Busquets) with the latter making occasional forward runs in the box giving Spain yet another attacking outlet rather than always relying on Villa's magic.

Xabi Alonso is more than capable of fulfilling the role Busquets plays as DMF in front of back 4. In fact I think he'd do it even better.

Llorente came on for Torres and Spain instantly looked better. He's got much more of a physical presence due to his super height and offers something different. Was a good sub.

You know you and I agree entirely in this, as we've stated previously in this thread.

The main reason why the ball possession of spain translates into so few chances is because of how tactically Del Bosque is making them play, not the style/strategy of play.

Having 2 DMFs seems to be more solid deffensively, but kills creativity because the upfront players can't do associations near the area. Spain must play like Barcelona plays if they want to succeed on possession: 1 dmf, 2 mdfielders that can go up and down, 2 wingers and a striker that can move laterally.

Having more players upfront also makes pressing easier, because you've got more people to press the start of the play of your opponent and steal the ball on dangerous positions.

Besides, Cesc would offer something Bsuquets and Alonso or even Iniesta can't offer. He's got a great shot from long range, he can score arriving from the secondth line and that's very important in teams like this one.

I also said before the match that Torres should go out and Llorente should have a change. Llorente today showed he MUST start the next match. He offers things Torres can't. In fact, Torres can give nothing to the team right now. He's another player, he just seems an amateur between professionals.

So, blame Del Bosque for Spain being less productive than expected. But you should recognize today we were fair winners. We did everything and Villa and Xavi were just excellent.
What a great signing for Barcelona has been. We've got one of the best strikers in the world, and he can even play in the left wing, something we need a lot!

Cheers to our neighbors, I posted something in your thread about Portugal. I'm intrigued whhy Veloso or Moutinho aren't playing in the nt. I haven't followed much your squad before the world cup, I guess.

Finally, about ronaldinho23... He mut be just a spoiled kid. Let him alone.

Those things make half Europe hating Spain.

No mate,this guy who is laughing or any other guys who is inuslting other team fans,being sarcastic,see them self above God just because they have strong team do not represent the whole Spain country,u know such a things always happen in football forums and mostly kids are doing this..There are many humble Spanish fans too,no need to hate the nation just because of 5-10 kid's behaviour..

not insult...i say "cobardes" to portugal team, no to member of evo....
for me, play with 11 back...is this...

when spain scored, portugal,ran...not previously.
portugal want penaltys...attitude small team.

I have to read up, "they have stolen" .. Blatter bla bla

I have no excuses, I know, but you also have pride, and tired of seeing how they laugh in the newspapers, as they do cover against Spain

I'm sorry, I did not insult anyone, it was not my intention to insult, if not an attitude I qualify

repeat, sorry

this is insult !!

Spain played good thus far but have they really played against a strong team yet? Paraguay will be another Portugal imo but with more heart, i don't think Spain can beat teams with this kind of plays for long...

Congrats for the spanish, they deserved to win..doesn't matter if it was an offside.

Who's to blame? 1. Carlos Queiroz 2. Cristiano Ronaldo (No words, really...sick and tired of his 50m shots, primma donna.. When Portugal needed a captain to take the team after spanish goal, he kept doing nothing hidden from the game...that's not a leader, but we already knew that) 3. Portuguese press (for protecting these guys and treating them as god likes..specially Ronaldo, making him act that way)

Back
Top Bottom