World Cup 2010 - Spain Thread - Vamos Espña !!!

arbeloa is worst....:WASTED:

I think he is defensively better than Capdevila. I suppose that isn't too hard and is effective coming forward.

He scored a great goal for Real Madrid this season cutting in off the flank.

Iraola and Azpilcueta would have been better for thr right flank. Ramos is not really my idea of a fullback. ;)

Not that Arbeloa can handle Ronaldo either but yeah I would put him in instead of Capdevilla as well as as I do think he's better defensively too.

About Ramos, can't agree. If you don't see him as a full-back, what do you see him as? A CB? Iraola is good choice and Azpilicueta (on his way to OM I hear!) is one for future but Ramos is best choice right now and one of the better ones in the world in my opinion despite having a few mistakes in his game and let's not forget, he, too is still young and can get a lot better and I think will. I have a lot of faith in Tarzan! lol

Not that Arbeloa can handle Ronaldo either but yeah I would put him in instead of Capdevilla as well as as I do think he's better defensively too.

About Ramos, can't agree. If you don't see him as a full-back, what do you see him as? A CB? Iraola is good choice and Azpilicueta (on his way to OM I hear!) is one for future but Ramos is best choice right now and one of the better ones in the world in my opinion despite having a few mistakes in his game and let's not forget, he, too is still young and can get a lot better and I think will. I have a lot of faith in Tarzan! lol

I still don't think he fills me with confidence esp. the space he leaves behind when rampaging forward and at CB again he can be unconvincing.

Perhaps I don't really like him much. He spat into the face of an Argentine player during the Argentina-Spain friendly last year and tried to kung fu kick Messi out of the classico AGAIN !!! ;)

Azpilicueta has joined OM as well PLF. Confirmed .

I think Ramos is as bad deffensively as he is good offensively. In another team he would be great, but in the current Spain, with some deffensive problems, it's more a problem than a solution.

We need right now two great deffensive full backs. Capdevila is playing crap and can't beat anyone at running to save his life. Plus, he's doing nothing up, so he should be replaced right now. We need a more solid deffense taht allows us to push the deffensive line higher and do effective pressure in the midfield.

All the teams in the world cup have scored or done too many clear chances. That can't be if we want to win the tournament.

My choice would be to put arbeloa on the right and Azpilicueta on the left, to defend cristiano on the right foot. I would also put Senna in the middle instead of Busquets. Oh, wait... Senna is not there!

Can't see us going much further if we continue to look for sterile possession and play as a light-hearted version of Barcelona. And Torres out for Cesc right now!

sergio busquets is 1 of best spanish player in this WC
he is a monster.

xavi---busquets--iniesta/cesc

xabi alonso out.
alonso is more low for this team...

and another thing...villa needs torres in the 11

with torres, david villa have a more space, and more opportunity to scored...

Busquets is a very good player and extremely young. He will get better and better. Lot of people hate him now because of what happened against Inter. I don't care for that. It's gone. Done deal. What's done is done. Doesn't change the fact that he's very talented.

And while I do much prefer Yaya Toure, Pep Guardiola and Del Bosque aren't idiots! If this guy is constantly making the starting line up of the two teams which arguably have more talent at their disposal than anyone else, there are good reasons for it.

@Albi, I know what you mean. I don't personally like him either. But I certainly rate him as a player. And yeah I remember that horrifying kick to Messi. Whatever, Ramos is still a BEAST though and yeah I know what you mean about not filling you with confidence. But the way I see it, there are very few full-backs who honestly I do trust. Zanetti and Lahm come to mind and not many others.

Busquets is a very good player and extremely young. He will get better and better. Lot of people hate him now because of what happened against Inter. I don't care for that. It's gone. Done deal. What's done is done. Doesn't change the fact that he's very talented.

And while I do much prefer Yaya Toure, Pep Guardiola and Del Bosque aren't idiots! If this guy is constantly making the starting line up of the two teams which arguably have more talent at their disposal than anyone else, there are good reasons for it.

Liar! :BOP:

You like Busquets because he was absolute crap at San Siro. :CONFUSE:

Then you hate him because of what happened at barcelona, but people in Barcelona hate Busquerts for footballing reasons only. He has lost many important balls in very important matches, leading to the team conceding important goals. At San Siro he was a total disaster in the midfield, specially in the 3 goals.

In the world cup he has improved a little compared to his season at barcelona, but he still holds the ball to much in dangerous situations, dives too much, can't resist any barging for the ball, misses many simple passes and gives little movement to the ball. Positionally, he's very very weak (look at the swiss goal we conceded, the man who ends up 1 vs 1 with casillas was being marked by him and he simply stops running and lets him go alone).

He will improve and will be a good player, but people can't understand why having much better players in front, he ends up in the starting eleven. Must be something about his personality out of the field, maybe? Because I don't get it.

front portugal.

--------casillas-
ramos---pique-puyol--arbeloa
----------busquets
xavi-----------------cesc
iniesta---torres---villa

i'm nervious

I'm a liar?! And I hate him because of what happened in San Siro? :CONFUSE:

I'm confused. :CONFUSE:

I was joking and I took you for an Inter fan (I can't recall the tagname now) who I talked with a lot after the CL rounds.

So if you had been an Inter fan, that's what I was trying to say:
"I meant, you liked him when he played that awful match at San Siro, then you hated him when he costed Motta' sending off, but now that oyu already won the CL you like him again, lol!"

Now I ended as confused as you... :CONFUSE:

Isn't it fun? :COAT:

front portugal.

--------casillas-
ramos---pique-puyol--arbeloa
----------busquets
xavi-----------------cesc
iniesta---torres---villa

i'm nervious

If Del Bosque had balls, he would put Silva, Mata or Pedro instead of Torres. But he's a coward. And I even doubt he will put only one DMF. He may even play with Javi Martinez in the place of the injured Xabi Alonso. Ouch...

AT this stage of the Tournament Del Bosque wont make any change...I dunno why yall are trying to see what player he's going to put in...hes going to play the same squad that he putted against chile...

Spain is the same ol' team that won the Euro, except they're missing the key to this team wich was under shadow, Marco senna and they will have tough time getting to the Final without him.

Busquet is obviously the Weak link, who care if Torres play bad, he didnt play well at the euros...but they need him to make space for Villa.

Well I don't quite agree. If Torres is playing like shit, put him out. Pedro, Mata, and Silva can deliver a lot more or even a straight swap with someone like Llorente could be good with him being the target man and main striker and Villa playing around him as he does with Torres.

I was joking and I took you for an Inter fan (I can't recall the tagname now) who I talked with a lot after the CL rounds.

So if you had been an Inter fan, that's what I was trying to say:
"I meant, you liked him when he played that awful match at San Siro, then you hated him when he costed Motta' sending off, but now that oyu already won the CL you like him again, lol!"

Now I ended as confused as you... :CONFUSE:

Isn't it fun? :COAT:

I see.
rfU might be the Inter fan you're talking about. I'm certainly not one.

And like I was saying, while I, much like you, prefer Yaya Toure and would be sad to see him leave Barca and think that's a mistake and am not a fan of Busquets, Sergio is very talented. He does make mistakes and has a LOT to learn. But I think you don't give him enough credit. And the fact that both Del Bosque and Pep Guardiola select him in the starting line up of teams which has more quality options than any other arguable (Barca and Spain) tells you something! It's not without reason. They're not idiots. This guy is better than many people think and of course at this very young age, can get a lot better.

But yeah if I had Pep's job or Vicente's, he wouldn't be in my starting line up. I don't like him and think there are better options.

Well, that's what I think put ina more polite way.

It's just that I have some personal hatred against Busquets. I just can't stand the players that moan, dive and loose dangerous balls as if they weren't aware of the danger they were putting the team in. Sure he's got talent and can develop into a very good footballer, but I would have put Senna there, as you would do probably too.

If Del Bosque had balls, he would put Silva, Mata or Pedro instead of Torres. But he's a coward. And I even doubt he will put only one DMF. He may even play with Javi Martinez in the place of the injured Xabi Alonso. Ouch...

haha

torres is better than silva, mata pedro, and the mother of del bosque...

he no scored, but, spain is more dinamyc with torres, he make space, and david villa is more happy with torres, everybody know this...

without torres, villa = 0 goals
with torres, villa = 3 goals

about javi martinez, i think that this boy is very green now...cesc have more mentallity for this matchs...
and we can play with 4-3-3

pd: silva is shit....he haven't blood..

silva is brilliant. I see why Jesus Navas got to be a starter now, but ... silva's still in the default team.

He had one bad game. Happens to everyone.

silva is brilliant. I see why Jesus Navas got to be a starter now, but ... silva's still in the default team.

He had one bad game. Happens to everyone.

well, is your opinion, but for me, silva is cold..

navas don't play front portugal..no in the 11...is impossible

the 11 know alls..

same from chile...but arbeloa-capdevilla and cesc-alonso (if he is injured).

Look man, Torres is clearly out of shape, he has wasted all the chances he's had and is doing very bad matches.

Silva will make midfield a lot more solid as well as Cesc, and both can shoot and score from outside.

Really, I don't know what obsession you have with Torres, when it's damn clear he's doing pathetic matches lately. He's not in form = bench. And if Villa needs a striking pair, put Llorente there. After all, he must be there for a reason.

Look man, Torres is clearly out of shape, he has wasted all the chances he's had and is doing very bad matches.

Silva will make midfield a lot more solid as well as Cesc, and both can shoot and score from outside.

Really, I don't know what obsession you have with Torres, when it's damn clear he's doing pathetic matches lately. He's not in form = bench. And if Villa needs a striking pair, put Llorente there. After all, he must be there for a reason.

yes, but, with torres villa scored mores, have more spaces..
this is the important, villa is "the man"
llorente don't have speed of torres, and don't have her mobility

llorente is more static (as ibrahimovic)

del bosque thinks alike

is possible too

xavi--busquets--iniesta
silva--torres--villa

in euro 2008 was so, with senna for busquets

:LOL:

tumblr_l4lqj3YJcf1qzb1pko1_250.gif

vamossssssssssss

1277790421_extras_portada_0.jpg

let's go, spain today put this cover in the portugal ass !!

vamosssss chavalessssssssssssssssssssssss

-0464JSU5jpg---644x362.jpg

n_seleccion_espanola_los_jugadores-774408.jpg

Today should be a good game, I think you lot should win and if you get a early goal it could be comfortable. Ronaldo and co on the break can really trouble you lot though.

I'm expecting a few pushes and shoves here and there and a little bit of fighting, perhaps controversy in this game. I think at one point or another, things will boil over and we'll have a bit of an argument between 2 sets of players.

Lol. same here as germany vs england or germany vs nederlands, i like the derbys :D

If this is the Spain that aspires to be World Champ, it won't be nothing more then a dream. Your all media hype atm.

Back
Top Bottom