World Cup 2010 - Slovakia Thread - Slovensko do toho!

football is about goals..anything can happend..we saw a lot of bad referee calls..

but one thing is shure..i rather see some performance from my team..like South Korea yesterday...fighting spirit...

then to win the Greece way of 2004...

I'm not gonna lie, Slovakia have thus far disappointed me. Haven't played up to their best and are deservedly sitting last BEHIND New Zealand!

I had money pre-tourney on NZ finishing last in a big combined bet, so the fact that the Slovaks are beating them to it is really ruining it for me. :( :LOL:

Can you finally get your act together and play well against Italy tomorrow? I think so. Hamsik and co. need to step up their game! And who better to do it against than the World-champs and players he plays against in Serie A. It may be time. A draw at least should be possible but you can go for win and qualify! Based on performances so far, not likely as you've been one of the worst teams in World Cup, but in 12 hours or so, everything can change. Is Slovakia capable of it? Let's find out....

Even if you don't qualify, I'm hoping you at least get draw while Paraguay beats NZ by a few goals so they finish last and I make my money. :P

well the problem is big in our team... i also feel dissapointed but i also can not understand our coach...with selection...

for example in match against paraguay was AM Kozak...the slowest man on earth.. very bad player if i compare to Stoch for example...Stoch definetly was fit...i mean we should risk more..

then also he always play Vittek, who is not in good form...he scored but leave Holosko on bench is crime..!

We have very good players in young Kucka, Sapara and Kopunek... all did not played yet!

for me the coach has made silly lineups...especialy moving Sestak on AM and Hamsik on LM what he did not made in any qualification match that i remember...

if he makes this squad against italy, like we played in friendly with Cameroon, we might get some result or at least go home with good game played...but if he will again add Strba, Kozak and Vittek in first lineup..then we are lost again without movement...

my ideal lineup against Italy:

------------- MUCHA ----------------

PEKARIK --- SKRTEL -- SALATA -- CECH

------------ KOPUNEK ---------------

------ KUCKA -------- HAMSIK -------

------------- STOCH ----------------

------- HOLOSKO --- SESTAK ---------

mate that dont mean he play like in Neapol...i havent seen this Hamsik yet..we all know... but also it makes no sence if he playes like AM if our midfield is sleeping...

if he playes as AM i would swap him then with STOCH in the lineup i writen as ideal for me...

or play on one striker with stoch and weiss younger on wings..

------------- MUCHA ------------

PEKARIK - SKRTEL - SALATA - CECH

-------- KOPUNEK - KUCKA -------

WEISS ------- HAMSIK ----- STOCH

------------- SESTAK -----------

mate that dont mean he play like in Neapol...i havent seen this Hamsik yet..we all know... but also it makes no sence if he playes like AM if our midfield is sleeping...

if he playes as AM i would swap him then with STOCH in the lineup i writen as ideal for me...

or play on one striker with stoch and weiss younger on wings..

------------- MUCHA ------------

PEKARIK - SKRTEL - SALATA - CECH

-------- KOPUNEK - KUCKA -------

WEISS ------- HAMSIK ----- STOCH

------------- SESTAK -----------

When do you apply for the post of manager PIPA ? ;) I like that line up. Weiss senior has been too negative .I can't see the point of Strba and Vittek is completely out of sorts.

However a good player should be demanding the ball dropping deep if necessary driving the play. Hamsik has been found wanting.

Hamsik was not seen becouse he has to do the defensive job...becouse of our mistakes... the same Sestak was not used to his full potential if he has to play on defensive role...

the second lineup is more attacking i think...

like i said...defensive football will not get us points..and at least i want to see some play..or we are completly not suposed to be there...

I think the kiwis going through will be amazing. Nothing against your beloved country pipa23 :SAL: they are under-dogs in this whole tourney .

Hamsik was not seen becouse he has to do the defensive job...becouse of our mistakes... the same Sestak was not used to his full potential if he has to play on defensive role...
i see. i didn't have a chance to watch slovakia's matches, but the italian press said hamsik has never played so bad as he did in the last 2 matches. i guess that's the reason. :))

anyhow good luck pipa! let's hope to see a good match. :BYE:

I have no words for our performance today so far...just happy to see we are playing what we did in qualification..perhaps to late but never say never...

Kucka is hell of a player... the same Stoch, both should start in previous games...

almost looks like the US very determine to finish... good half n I think Italy just needs a second to change the game around so as long as there opportunity stays dim this could be the upset of the tourney.I would luv the coach`s son to do the same bradley did that would be sweet "coach`s sons save us "

Last edited:
It is just like i said..we play the same like i predicted it could work..

just with some other players but..Hamsik finaly is AM..

we play this now..

----------------- MUCHA ---------------

PEKARIK -- SKRTEL -- DURICA -- ZABAVNIK

----------- STRBA ---------------------

--------------------- KUCKA -----------

STOCH --------HAMSIK ----------JENRISEK

--------------- VITTEK ----------------

Hope for similar performance in second half from us... Dream would come true!!!

Awesome! Thank you guys for kicking Italy out of the WC! The whole of Germany will be with you. You fully deserved to reach the next round. :APPLAUD:

I think there is a sniper in the crowd taking out players on both sides.

edit: grats

Last edited:
I belived, we are crying of joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you god!!!!!!!!!

congratulations slovakia!
well deserved result. i'm sincerely happy for u. it would have been embarassing if italy would have managed to score the equaliser and get the ticket to the eight-finals.
the better team won :))

I think there is a sniper in the crowd taking out players on both sides.

:LMAO:

Fully deserved victory against Italy, one of the best match in this WC if not the best, congratulations to all the Slovakians and specially to my friend Pipa23!! Good luck in the 1/8 finals!!:))

Back
Top Bottom