World Cup 2010 - France Thread - Bravo l'Espagne

Re: World Cup 2010 - France Thread - Voila c'est fini...

Evra promised to reveal everything and he revealed... nothing.
2 more interviews today : Henry in the next hour and Abidal later tonight.

Evra promised to reveal everything and he revealed... nothing.
2 more interviews today : Henry in the next hour and Abidal later tonight.

Henry did NOTHING wrong mate and he`s been cleared from any wrong doing :D

Thierry Henry has been absolved of any blame by the French Football Federation (FFF) following the meeting...

Wasn't Henry supposed to meet with Sarkozy!! lol to discuss what went wrong! Did that happen?

I thought Evra was supposed to reveal everything later in the week.

Wasn't Henry supposed to meet with Sarkozy!! lol to discuss what went wrong! Did that happen?

yeah, i can see sarkozy telling thierry "if u manage to settle things between gourcouff and ribery, i'll let u have a threesome with me and carla bruni"
go for it titì! :P

seriously though, thomas, tuta, allezinter, keep us updated on this whole situation! also when will laurent be officially appointed? it should be interesting to hear his first press conference. :))

Last edited:

World Cup 2010: Thierry Henry admits there was 'sickness' in France camp

• 'I could have been the older brother but I wasn't any more'
• Patrice Evra ready to give evidence to government inquiry

Thierry Henry admitted he felt "isolated" in the French World Cup squad and spoke of a "sickness" at the heart of the camp.

The squad flew back from South Africa yesterday following a dismal performance where they mustered a solitary point from three games and gained notoriety for a training ground boycott in protest at the decision by the French Football Federation (FFF) to send home Nicolas Anelka following a bust-up with the coach, Raymond Domenech.

"I could have been the older brother but I wasn't any more," Henry told Canal+. "I felt isolated, it doesn't matter who by. They didn't talk to me as they used to. Before they talked to me more. But when you don't have credibility in a group any more it becomes difficult.

"I felt isolated and at a certain point your pride takes a hit."

Henry believes the Anelka controversy was not the reason behind France's exit but rather the rot had already set in. However, the Barcelona striker claims the squad were always united.

"I don't know whether the Anelka matter was the triggering factor," said Henry. "There was certainly a sickness. But I don't think you can talk of clans. I can tell you that I never saw any fights, I didn't see anyone put any pressure on whoever.

"Decisions were group ones. The main reason for this fiasco is that we didn't play well. Unfortunately we entered into debates, invented stories...

"But we shouldn't look the other way. We weren't good enough. When a team wins, everything can happen; when there are defeats, doubt comes in and stories start getting invented."

The France captain, Patrice Evra, is preparing to give evidence to an inquiry opened by the French government into Les Bleus' disastrous World Cup campaign.

"An investigation will be opened by the ministry and all the players will be heard," he told TF1. "Each one of us will say what they experienced and will say the truth. Everyone will give some information from each angle and all sides."

Following France's exit Evra promised to spill all the details of their troubled time in South Africa. However, he says it is still not the time for his potentially explosive revelations.

"It's not the time to stoke up the pain of all the French people," he continued. "It's not today that you have to attack whoever it may be. No one is clear-headed enough to say what really happened because the scar is still open and we are all hurting at the present time.

"We are all upset and beaten but we have to lift our heads up and look to the future."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/25/world-cup-2010thierry-henry

Lol so Evra is still teasing.. :LOL:

Escalette (President of the FFF) resigns this friday :BOP:

Blanc proud to take French helm

1268848_FULL-LND.jpg

Laurent Blanc has expressed his pride after being unveiled as France coach this morning. The former Bordeaux boss was named as Raymond Domenech's successor with the national team at last week's meeting of the French Football Federation's federal council.

Blanc was a key part of the France team, which triumphed in both the 1998 FIFA World Cup™ on home soil and Euro 2000, and he insists even their dismal World Cup campaign under Domenech in South Africa this summer did not deter him from continuing his link with the national team. "I am very proud to be here as coach of the France team," he said. "For me, the France team is above everything, it was a thread throughout my career. As a player I experienced difficult times but also some great moments.

"My commitment to the France team is absolute. I had other challenges available to me, but this one with the French team most attracted me. The recent difficult events never called that into question. The France team does not belong to anybody. It is for everyone, for you [the media] the same as for me. I understand what the France team represents, the rights and the requirements linked to this jersey," he said.

Blanc has signed a two-year contract to guide Les Bleus through the qualification campaign for Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine. Former national team midfielder Alain Boghossian will remain as assistant coach, the role he occupied under Domenech, and is joined by Jean-Louis Gasset.

Blanc also pledged a clean slate for the players who orchestrated a training walkout ahead of this summer's final group game against the host nation. Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka was dismissed from the squad after a dressing-room bust-up with Domenech at half-time in the defeat to Mexico, and captain Patrice Evra was angered that details of Anelka's verbal attack were leaked to the press.

He confronted fitness coach Robert Duverne on June 20, three days after the game, and the players then refused to take to the training field. Legendary France defender Lilian Thuram, speaking at the federal council meeting, called for the Manchester United full-back's exclusion from future national team squads over the incident.

"The thing which shocked me the most was the group's behaviour in training 48 hours ahead of the third match against South Africa," Blanc admitted before he added: "Those responsible for this badly thought-out decision are numerous. It is not for me to decide on sanctions. I am not the bogeyman. I will be judged on results, and in order to achieve the best results I must have the best team. If I consider they are the best players in their position, I will take them. I will speak with them about what happened but in the FFF's rules, there are no disciplinary sanctions set out. I will make my decisions based on sporting considerations."

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1268854/index.html#blanc+proud+take+french+helm

Exciting times to be French.

Hopefully he comes up against and beats Bilic's Croatia at some point as France manager, preferrably knocking them out of Euro 2012 or the next World Cup.

That would be great karma. :D

France aRe gonna get back to glory!!

They have all the talent, are continously producing them and they needed a good manager which they now have.

Exciting times indeed. :D

So what happened?! Evra was supposed to talk... we were supposed to find out in more detail about what happened and took place, no news?!

Henry was supposed to meet with Sarkozy and Thuram apparently said Patrice should never play for France again because of what he did and led...

I wanna know more!

Laurent Blanc gave amnesty ...a clean sleight, off the hook. A free man, debts are clean n clear. Evra`s silence keep him clean and time heals all memories :SMUG: soft replies turn away wrath from the Bible.

Yeah I know about the clean slate.

But I didn't know that means, we don't get to hear anything more about what happened. After all, apparently quite a LOT did and it would've been interesting to know what exactly was the case....

A lot of things happened. But we have to wait the 23rd to know if the federation will punish some players.

Some players are starting to speak :
- For Ruffier, not all players agreed to leave training
- For Planus and Toulalan, all players agreed.
- Gallas blams everything on Domenech.

Also, Toulalan has admitted he took a major role in the bus scene.

No players are banned for Blanc, but he didnt say if he was going to take them back. IMO Evra will not return, Tremoulinas will get his chance.

----------------------------------
Anelka hit out at former France full-back Bixente Lizarazu, a World Cup winner in 1998, who has criticised the striker's casual attitude in South Africa, accusing him of "strolling" (Walking on the pitch) and playing "in a selfish manner".

Frustrated

"Lizarazu - who is he?" added Anelka.

"When he speaks and we listen, we seem to hear a living legend. He's just a former player in lack of recognition, frustrated by the success of his mates Zidane and Dugarry.

"Has he forgotten that he was at the 2002 World Cup? I was not included in the squad but I refrained from comment. He should stop talking about respect."

------------------------------------

WOW!! :SHOCK:

Who is Lizarazu!?? Lol and jealous of Zizou and Dugarry? :LOL:

This guy got more arrogant over the years and lost his touch clearly, he just needs to retire his selfish self!

I agree with Anelka on this one, Lizarazu only opens his mouth to spit his venom. It seems that he have forgotten his huge mistake against Greece in 2004.

Les Bleus of Laurent Blanc vs Norway

Goalkeepers :
Stéphane Ruffier (Monaco)
Nicolas Douchez (Rennes).

Defenders :
Rod Fanni (Rennes)
Adil Rami (Lille)
Philippe Mexès (AS Rome/ITA)
Mamadou Sakho (Paris-SG)
Benoît Trémoulinas (Bordeaux)
Aly Cissokho (Lyon)
Mathieu Debuchy (Lille).

Midfields :
Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid/ESP)
Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)
Yann M'Vila (Rennes)
Samir Nasri (Arsenal/ANG)
Yohan Cabaye (Lille)
Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan/ANG)
Blaise Matuidi (Saint-Etienne).

Strikers :
Hatem Ben Arfa (Marseille)
Karim Benzema (Real Madrid/ESP)
Loïc Rémy (Nice)
Jimmy Briand (Lyon)
Jérémy Ménez (AS Rome/ITA)
Guillaume Hoarau (Paris-SG).

Yes!!!

Very exciting to see all these good players get their chance now. Even if it's only 1 match and of course not ALL will get to play.

A very FRESH squad yet packed with talent.

Wonder if Ruffier will start or Douchez...

Starting eleven for tomorrow

--------------Ruffier---------------
Fanni-----Rami----Mexes---Cissokho
--------M'Vila-----Sissoko----------
--------------Nasri-----------------
-----Remi----------------N'Zogbia--
-------------Hoarau----------------

real positioning from Infosport

--------------Ruffier---------------
Fanni-----Rami----Mexes---Cissokho
-------------M'Vila-----------------
----Sissoko----------N'Zogbia-------
--------------Nasri-----------------
-------Remi---------Hoarau---------

Norway 2-1 France

bad result but good game for France, stunning M'Vila, good in by Ben Arfa (1 goal) and Menez, still big same problem in the defense, but Rami and Mexes do only one training togheter, Lass Diarra do a terrible mistake on the second goal.

Last edited:
We had more opportunities yesterday than during the whole worldcup. Not bad especially because the norway keeper made some great saves.

Back
Top Bottom