Words cannot describe how absolutely livid I am

Slightly noobish question but...how do you start in safe mode? Only time I've seen it is when it pops up sometimes.

I had the same problem with Doom 3 about a year ago and it was my DVD drive . They put some weird protection on it and specific makes of drive could not read the disc !! If anyone could repeat such stupidity its Konami !!!

Slightly noobish question but...how do you start in safe mode? Only time I've seen it is when it pops up sometimes.
To start the computer in safe mode
Click Start and then click Shut Down.

In the drop-down list of the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.

As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8.
On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press F8 when the boot menu appears.

Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.

If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.

Note

• If Windows launches before you can choose a safe mode, restart your computer and try again.

• In safe mode, you have access to only basic files and drivers (mouse, monitor, keyboard, mass storage, base video, default system services, and no network connections). You can choose the Safe Mode with Networking option, which loads all of the above files and drivers and the essential services and drivers to start networking, or you can choose the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option, which is exactly the same as safe mode except that a command prompt is started instead of the graphical user interface. You can also choose Last Known Good Configuration, which starts your computer using the registry information that was saved at the last shutdown.

• Safe mode helps you diagnose problems. If a symptom does not reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and minimum device drivers as possible causes. If a newly added device or a changed driver is causing problems, you can use safe mode to remove the device or reverse the change.

• There are circumstances where safe mode will not be able to help you, such as when Windows system files that are required to start the system are corrupted or damaged. In this case, the Recovery Console may help you.

• NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

All you need to do is dl a hooky copy then install it using your CD key.. I dont advocate piracy in any way shape or form, but I know people that have done that to get around problems with their DVD drives before.

I agree, torrent a copy & install with your legit Reg key, its not stealing or piracy since you have bought the game but can't use it..

I thought you guys weren't allowed to talk about torrents :S

But if we are, I'm downloading one now. 532MB done in about 10 hours! Go me!

Apparently you can't play online if you have a downloaded verison of the game though.

I thought you guys weren't allowed to talk about torrents :S

But if we are, I'm downloading one now. 532MB done in about 10 hours! Go me!

Apparently you can't play online if you have a downloaded verison of the game though.

if u have real key i think it shouldnt b a prob

You have to burn the game disc onto a regular dvd...then use that to install from....the same thing happened to me with PES6. Then I used no dvd crack after installing to avoid any more problems. Trust me, this should work fine.

just go download a cloneDVD copy, mount it with d-tools and use your valid key.. thats what i do.. i had a friend of mine buy the game, he lives in europe. so i was able to play the euro version of pes6..

@jameslewis: first of all there might be a possibility that your drive cannot read dual layer dvds, have you checked that coz PES2008 is a dual layer....also try to update the firmware of your drive, there are many firmware sites icant remember any of them right now...Last solution, if you want to play PES2008 badly is to format your pc...

I've had a plan. Which I think has been mentioned on here. Get a transferring device, load the disc on someone else's computer, and copy all the files to the device.

Do you think they'd fit on a USB pen? Or would I have to get something bigger?

They would fit on a usb pen if it's 6gb or larger.....

Or do what Bitz said and see if there is a firmware upgrade for your DVD drive at the Dvd manufacturers website

Last edited:
I installed it, but there was no dat folder. I assume this isn't right. I tried installing again and got this error:

proevoproblem.jpg

I feel like screaming. Now when I select setup I get "DLL load error."

The files "DSetup.dll" and ISSetup.dll are exactly where they should be.

I take it you do not have a legal copy of this at all. If you bought it from Game they would swap your disk, no problem. If you have the game why are you downloading, which no you should not be talking about on here, or messing about trying to copy over...

I have two legal versions of the game. However my DVD drive is broken. I have had to put the disc in someone else's computer, copy all the files to USB hard drive, and paste them across. Installed it, it installed, but something went wrong and I had to uninstall it, now I'm being told there's a DLL load error.

I'm sure you will need to have the disk in the drive to play the game unless you have a crack... I'm fairly sure you will not be able to just copy across and play unless as I said you have a no disk crack... Or you can do as stated above by others...

I have a no disc thingy. Only problem I need to get round is why it says "DLL load error" when the DLL files are both where they should be, and it worked fine before.

Already told you what was wrong in my earlier post. Your drive is BROKEN. Laser has packed up.. although when they do break quite often they can still read older disk.

Either get yourself a noDVD exe for the short term and just go out and buy a new DVD Drive. They are so cheap nowadays. Every other game you will by from now on will NOT work unless you change the broken hardware.

Back
Top Bottom