Words cannot describe how absolutely livid I am

jameslewis

Non-League
1 January 2006
Just came back from Game with my copy of Pro Evo, inserted it into the DVD drive, and.....the disk hasn't loaded yet. There's nothing wrong with the computer as I tried my old Fifa 2002 disc, and my Sims 2 disk, and they both worked fine. Have I been given a faulty disc?

I imagine if the game is faulty they might take it back. That or they'll try it on a PC at the store. If it loads there they won't exchange it.

sounds like what happened to me with PES6...you may need to use a no dvd crack cos it sounds like your disc drive isnt reading the disc

if you have a DVD burner drive put it in that, thats how i got it working, but to run the game after installing it i had to put it in the normal DVD drive. which is a good point, is the try your puttin it in a DVD ROM drive not a CD drive? some people do forget about that

Tell them you want a new disc not a new cd key and dont leave the shop till you get it.

Explore the disc and run the setup manually before going apeshit in the shop :D

kdjac

just take it back. Ive never had a problem exchanging anything there. Especially if its faulty. Which it sounds like your disc is.

If they've sold you a faulty disc they have to replace it.

more likely your drive is busted rather then the disk. Laser has probably packed up. (when the laser breaks it can still read older disk occassionally). Try your disk on another computer first to see if it works. It'll save you a wasted journey in exchanging the game when its not needed.

Took it back, same problem happened with the disc. It could be because it's a DVD drive, but then Fifa wouldn't have worked.

Doesn't the no cd crack only work after you've installed the game?

Took it back, same problem happened with the disc. It could be because it's a DVD drive, but then Fifa wouldn't have worked.

Doesn't the no cd crack only work after you've installed the game?

it's just after installing to play without a cd/dvd.
Do you have another pc in your house, where you could test the dvd?
also try starting with the dvd in drive, it helped me one time, don't ask me why ^^

I tried it on someone else's laptop and it worked. I'm trying to track down my copy of NHL 08 which is of course new, and see what that does. And what do you mean by "starting with the dvd in drive?"

Do you use computers much? It sounds like a basic issue of Autoplay not working. Just go to My Computer and right-click > Open the disc then find Setup.exe. or something.

You can't. It doesn't recognise the disc, let alone autoplay. The drive just keeps saying "DVD-RAM Drive (E)"

copy the whole DVD to a USB stick or something. and then install it from the stick. then you can get the no CD crack and use that.

I don't think I'm making myself clear....you can't copy it to a USB stick, as the computer does not recognise the disk! It is as though there is no disc in the drive.

I had same problem with PES 6. I usually had to insert the disk 6 or 7 times before it started to read it. Disk drive would make a clicking noise .

My mum may be coming over soon. I have a spare desktop PC at home I may get her to bring it up. It may be better on there than on a laptop anyway.

All you need to do is dl a hooky copy then install it using your CD key.. I dont advocate piracy in any way shape or form, but I know people that have done that to get around problems with their DVD drives before.

I've tried two discs from game, both had the same problem. Problem is my laptop is under warranty, and there's somewhere I can get it mended for free. Problem is I've had another problem with it and that time it took months for it to come back.

What do you guys reckon I should play for now though..PES6 or Fifa 08?

lol PES6 all the way. FIFA is shocking on the PC.

Have you tried updating the driver? Or try reinstalling the drive.

Tried reading the disk in safe mode? or copied files using command prompt to your hard disk in safe mode. Then you can identify whether anything is blocking your drive from reading.

What OS you using?? The only time I have ever had problems with a drive reading a disk is either because the game is dirty, the lense is dirty or the drive is simply fooked.

Back
Top Bottom