Women's Football Thread

UEFA_Womens_Champions_League.png

And so it was, the Champions League qualifying round end with a bitter taste for our brave champions 1º de Dezembro. It was my very first time in a Women's football tournament and, once again, I must say that it was a tremendous pleasure to watch the girls playing such a nice and entertaining football (not as good as we seen in the WC understandably - these girls are amateurs – but well spent time in the end). :)

I went to 2 games. In the first one our team beat the weak Metalurgs side from Latvia 4-0, in a game were the Latvians were totally dominated by the Portuguese girls that could have scored many more goals. The Latvian side is very very weak, they lost to the Hungarians of MTK by twelve! Second game I saw, 1º de Dezembro facing the Hungarians of MTK, was frankly better. It ended 0-0 which meant that both 1º de Dezembro and MTK fallen short in their intents to go through into the last 32 round. ASA Tel-Aviv (unfortunately I missed their game) won the group and, as result, will be in the next phase of Champions League next month. :')

Regarding our team and focusing in our players, well, there are some good ones in there. Carla Couto #9 is the best player by far. Despite being the oldest player in the squad with 37 years old, the Portuguese capitan is a very talented striker and a truly leader. She’s moving to Lazio, which means a lot for her as you can imagine, not only because she is on her way out to a better league but mainly because in almost 20 years of career it is going to be her first time as a professional player. Mónica Mendes #4, a 18 years old defender, is also in her way out. She’s moving to the USA College Soccer, a big big step for the young Portuguese skipper. Another promising defender is Sara Ribeiro, 17. I must confess you that I created a special sympathy for this little girl. She plays both as RB and LB and she has good attacking skills but very poor in the defensive department. As a result of her attacking incursions she used to give a lot of space for the opponent, so every time she was by my side I screamed “C’mon Sara, cover her!” :LOL: She was also the cutest player in the game (c’mon you gotta reckon, a red dressed woman with red shoes [yea, I know, they have boots not shoes but use your imagination] is some kind of an orgasmic vision of the paradise :D (oh God wait! She’s just 17 years old! Oh gosh, you guys are going to think that I’m a pedophile! :SHOCK: I hope CIA isn’t aware of this). :LOL:

Overall, it was a very good and well worth experience. I enjoyed every minute of the time I spent at Sintra watching these girls. It was good to see that Women’s football in Portugal is improving despite that elimination. It was also great to realize that people are aware of girls football, you should have seen, the crowd embraced the team like no other, it was a joy to watch the stadium FULL of enthusiastic football supporters. Amazing view! Women’s football interest is growing at full speed. :BOP:

_MG_9109-3.jpg

See you soon lads!

Hey you bunch of perverts! Are you ready to see Morgan's tattoo? :D

Hahaha I got you now! :LOL:

Ok ok here it is:
tumblr_lptogihS6k1r0sij3

tumblr_lptol9nVeC1r0sij3

Next weekend, on the 27th August, the WPS Championship Final between the New York Flash and the Philadelphia Independence will take place at Sahlen's Stadium, Rochester, NY. You can't miss that one! :)

What a nice "tattoo". :LOL: I'd like to know what is this "stump the staff" on the calender that is going to take 25 minutes. Stump means cut or something.

Support your local team

110809_women1_teamfoto_gros-1eb46049.jpg

I'm moving to the north of Germany (to study and live with my girlfriend) and this will be my new women team to support: Holstein Kiel

They're playing in the third division the Regionalliga north and atm the girls are battling for promotion. I'm really looking forward moving into a sports city/region. The local handball team THW Kiel is considered as best team in the world. The Kiel Baltic Hurricans football team is the current German champion and I live only 1 hour away from Hamburg to watch HSV and FC St.Pauli Bundesliga football. Good days ahead. :BOP:

Last edited:
The interest in Women's Footie is getting bigger and bigger and that amazes me. Finally, people (read: men :P) are realizing that girls can also play football, good football as matter of fact. :D Also my local team, Estoril Praia, is creating a women's football team that will play the promotion league this month. I hope many more clubs follow Estoril example.

I wish you enjoy your new life in Kiel along your girl Mark, as I also wish that you can go to the stadium to support the chicks. :TU: Yea, from what I've seen, Kiel is a city with a strong fanbase in every sport. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost sure that THW Kiel have beat Barcelona in the handball Champions League final in an outstanding display against the Spanish giants.

Oh shame on me! I completely forgot to update you about the Women’s Professional Soccer (WPS) championship. So last week the Western New York Flash team proclaimed themselves League Champions after a penalty shootout victory - 1-1 (5-4) - over the Philadelphia Independence. Congrats to Alex Morgan, Marta, Sinclair and team mates. :APPLAUD:

tumblr_lqm37nNLuQ1qlr1lno1_500.png

On other news (the ones that you really like :P) Hope Solo has joined the season 13 cast of the well-known TV show 'Dancing With The Stars'.
Here she is in a practise: :)
tumblr_lqvs3fNfuL1qmknjfo1_500.jpg

Ok, this pic is from a certain ESPN magazine.
Note: It contains nudity. Are you ready?

hope-solo-espn-body-issue-660x438.png

Me gusta. :)

Last edited:
this thread has been quiet for way too much time... Andre, where are you man! :))

anyhow did u guys know there's also a female version of materazzi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkLI6ByvS-Q

the ponytail foul cracked me up :LOL: i would love to see someone doing that kind of foul to ibra's ponytail :P

Last edited:
Hahahahha oh man I can't stop laughing!! This is GOLD!! I'm sharing this with all my friends!

:LMAO:
Who the hell is this girl?! She's got MASSIVE issues! Worst than Materazzi I'd say! What a BITCH! :LOL:

Hahahahha oh man I can't stop laughing!! This is GOLD!! I'm sharing this with all my friends!

:LMAO:
Who the hell is this girl?! She's got MASSIVE issues! Worst than Materazzi I'd say! What a BITCH! :LOL:
like thomas said, her name is elizabeth lambert. i don't know much about her.... only that she's from usa and that she would make vinnie jones look like a sissy :P

the craziest part is when, after the ponytail foul, she goes to the ref to complain... LOL! how could she possibly justify that...
"hey that wasn't a foul, i was just helping her picking her split ends"

this thread has been quiet for way too much time... Andre, where are you man! :))

Ha ha ha, you needed this thread so bad, didn't you? :P
No women's footie lately so this topic was kinda dead. Anyway, this year we will have another major tournament in the Summer - the Olympics Games. Time to see Morgan, Solo and that lovely Swedish girl (don't remember her name :P) bebo was looking at back on track.

Are you sure that this Elizabeth girl is a football player? Jesus Christ, I thought I was watching one of those WWE divas. She is the perfect wife for Materazzi. :SMUG:

elizabeth-lambert-video.jpg

Not bad (insert Obama's face)

Perfect wife for Materazzi!! Hahhaa well said! :D :LMAO:

and nice one about split ends Ben lol... that's jokes! :D

Haha that girl is crazy! Suppose you wouldn't want to marry her. Just imagine what she would do if you have an argument...:CONFUSE:

Sure! Stay away from that woman! She's a maniac maniac on the floor!

Btw, here's her personal profile:

Born Elizabeth Ann Lambert on December 29, 1988 ... enjoys camping and surfing in her spare time ... favorite food is tacos ... is majoring in University Studies with a focus on Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapy!? Are you f'n kidding? Is that your therapy? To kick poor girls all the time? Mother of God...

Ha ha ha, you needed this thread so bad, didn't you? :P
No women's footie lately so this topic was kinda dead. Anyway, this year we will have another major tournament in the Summer - the Olympics Games. Time to see Morgan, Solo and that lovely Swedish girl (don't remember her name :P) bebo was looking at back on track.

Are you sure that this Elizabeth girl is a football player? Jesus Christ, I thought I was watching one of those WWE divas. She is the perfect wife for Materazzi. :SMUG:

elizabeth-lambert-video.jpg

Not bad (insert Obama's face)

Oooo put her on leather n call me....mami demelo sin el petróleo

of course u would! :D
btw buddy, who's that beauty in your avatar? :))

No no, I was clearly joking! I cant cook for shit!
yao-ming-meme.png

And the Italian Don Juan strikes back! He is always looking for the next bird. Well, I guess you don't watch Castle on RAI 2. You should take a look at this police procedural comedy-drama series (jesus, this gotta be a new TV category :LOL:). Stana Katic is the girl in my avatar and she portraits Detective Kate Beckett in that series. An adorable woman. :D

Back
Top Bottom