without a doubt the worst pro evo ive ever played.

just1moreperson

League 1
19 May 2007
So its been a month or so. After the initial anger at the awful framerate i cooled down abit and decided to give pro evo 2008 a good go, i played a season in the english league which i won easy with spurs on top player. But the difficulty isnt a problem, i win on top player anyway as im sure most people in here do. However i do feel its taken so many steps in the wrong direction since pro evo 6 its almost laughable. If you have the ability to just ignore the awful framerate offline and the lag online and actually check out the gameplay which is what we all buy pro evo for, even that is worse than ever before. I just dont enjoy playing pro evo 2008 and heres a few reasons why.

The amazing referee whistle - why is he blowing his whistle the second it crosses the line for a goal or a corner?! its rediculous and just outright dumb from Konami to add this.

Freekicks - the referee with his god damn whistle...why put this in after letting us take quick free kicks on pro evo 6? it makes no sense and only annoys the hell out of me when all i want to do is make a quick pass and get on with the game and i hafto wait for the referee to find and then blow his whistle, all of which takes too long.

Penalties - what the hell is with the camera angles? are they smoking crack or what ( this can also be related to corners aswel). As if making retarded camera angles wasnt enough Konami have added rediculous penalty decisions to the game aswel...great. Several times now online and off i have seen the most pathetic penalty decisions ever in the world of football. If you havent experienced what im talking about here i will try and give you an example. The last penalty i recieved of this type was the other day. I was Liverpool and Torres had the ball about 12 yards from goal in the box. I take a shot which is blocked by a defender who made a slide tackle about 3 yards in front of Torres. The ball goes harmlessly off for a corner. But Torres still has some momentum which causes him to "stumble" into the defender. *whistle* PENALTY!.....what a joke. I wish i could miss on purpose.

The list goes on.......you have downgraded edit mode, Master league which was supposed to be improved, Online play which is a total joke, No kit selection for some bizaare reason.....just for a laugh im sure and then theres hardly any stadiums (im sure people have a bigger list than me).

So even if the game didnt have framerate issues for me its still a shocking attempt at a footy sim. The fact it does have framerate issues which they still havent fixed makes it the worst pro evo ever and possibly my last pro evo ever.

Last edited:
its all true...best version of this game is the ps2 version..the game doesnt belong on next gen...plus theres a lot more content on the ps2...i dont even know why they bothered to sell this crap...its utter bs

all true, its frustrating for sure, but its still more exciting to play than fifa 08 (and yes i do have fifa 08 - i bought it to play until pro-evo came out. The lack on content just smacks of konami not really knowing how to program for ps3 which is clearly evident by the many flaws they are trying to fix post release.

The off-line lag for me wasnt super bad and the replay/pen slowdown has disappeared entirely since i took the thing off my HDD.
I havent bothered online for the most part (aside from playing my mates back home in the UK) and even with the lag its more enjoybale than fifa 08 online (clearly this is my and my friends opinions and i'm sure plenty will disagree)

I thought I was the only one who can't stand the fucking whistle blowing ALL THE TIME (the whistle blowing the nanosecond the ball crosses any line is enough to make me want to kill).

lol each to there own. i feel they have gone backwards bigtime. pro evo 6 gameplay was great i dont see why konami hadto change things like freekicks, whistles, penalties and camera angles. They were all fine as they were. They should have been changing things like master league which deserves to be improved and coming up with new modes and better online play. This is where EA beats Konami hands down. EA make improvements on their games. They try hard to add things and arent afraid to do so. Also they have a great online network with all their games. I don't play fifa but i have madden from EA and they always impress me. Konami seriously need to pick it up because they have been bringing out the same game for years. Master league hasnt changed a bit. Lets face it if EA had been given pro evo to work on over the years the master league would be hugely improved by now and id be playing it all day long.

ive never moaned about a pro evo game before but this one is so bad ive just had enough. Konami should be doing alot more than they have been and pro evo 09 is going to hafto be brilliant to win over alot of people i think.

Last edited:
you are absolutely right!!!!

no, im just spoiling you as your parents did. Please understand that no game is perfect, at least until you prove me wrong. btw you are sooo mature, congrats.

Strongly agree..Worst of all unfortunately..
I've bought the game 2 days before the official release. And played it only first 2 games . I didn't even touch it since 30 of October. Normally I'am a W.E./PES freak for the last 10 years. Not only me all of my friends around me are WE/PES freaks and nobody plays that game !

Back
Top Bottom