Wireless Surround Sound System

Thanks

I was set on the Sony and now its gone down to £150 but its instore only and there isn't one here so thats out the window

The next im looking at is the Yamaha RXV371, do you know if that's any good as you said the V361 you had was entry level?

Thanks

I was set on the Sony and now its gone down to £150 but its instore only and there isn't one here so thats out the window

The next im looking at is the Yamaha RXV371, do you know if that's any good as you said the V361 you had was entry level?

Yeah, I don't know the current Yamaha range off the top of my head but if the model number starts in a 3 it should be entry level. Then next up will be the 471, 571 etc.....

I was really happy with the V361. The only reason I upgraded was because it lacked HDMI connections and a few other features. I'm guessing most entry level amps have all these connections now.

AH i saw people mentioning level above/below and such but didn't know how they worked it out

I have my new Amp and speakers sorted now though, I've got a Onkyo 509 (with HD audio and networking) and some Jamo A102's for £345 :)

Looking forward to setting it up to see how much of a difference it is to my current setup

AH i saw people mentioning level above/below and such but didn't know how they worked it out

I have my new Amp and speakers sorted now though, I've got a Onkyo 509 (with HD audio and networking) and some Jamo A102's for £345 :)

Looking forward to setting it up to see how much of a difference it is to my current setup

Sounds like a good deal that. You can't go far wrong with an Onkyo and I've heard very good things about the A102's. The Jamo's are supposed to be one of the best 5.1 speaker set-ups at the budget end of the market (no offence but you know what I mean - some 5.1 packages cost £thousands). I was tempted to upgrade to them from my entry level Yamaha 5.1 speakers and sub but I think that will have to wait for another day.

you should notice a big difference with that...

if this is your first dedicated amp and 5.1 setup

Yeah it is

Didn't realise how much stuff i need to find out about. I'm in the process of getting speaker cables at the minute and that's opened a can of worms :LOL:

I'm also looking at getting a Media player to play HD Audio and have narrowed that down to 3

After deciding to get a dedicated Amp it means i need to get more stuff and there is alot to choose from in the things i need and i wanna spend as little as possible so alot of searching has been done in the past week

Didn't realise how much stuff i need to find out about. I'm in the process of getting speaker cables at the minute and that's opened a can of worms :LOL:

Seriously, don't get too bogged down in all the audiophile talk about speaker cables. Even with high end gear you don't need to spend massive amounts per metre.

I just bought a reel of the stuff off Amazon and it's perfectly fine for my setup.

Yep I agree

Some decent enough stuff on eBay for cheap.

Just search for oxygen free speaker cable , good enough and better than Wilkinsons type of shops etc

go with what Jamezinho has offered

i used similar stuff and it is fine.

i have mine buried in the walls and works no problems..

Should i expect my 360 to sound better as well with this new setup?

My other one played DD and sounded good but it would be brilliant if this made it sound better

what was your original setup?

when i went to surround sound with my setup and i played COD and i couldn't believe the difference it made

i heard bullets wizzing around my head and fire crackling behind me.

it came alive..

it makes a big difference if they are calibrated right. so put the mic in the best seating position in a quiet room.

also having the speakers in the right position i.e back speakers to the side or behind you and your sat in the middle

the front speakers in front of you in the correct position

sounds obvious but i have everything setup here in the right locations and it fills the room perfectly while i am sat right in the middle of it

can feel the sub just give the depth to the sound as if i am part of the movie

Same here, Bitter. I put the auto calibration mic in the seat I always sit in to calibrate the system! :LOL:

when i went to surround sound with my setup and i played COD and i couldn't believe the difference it made

i heard bullets wizzing around my head and fire crackling behind me.

it came alive..

Bad Company 2 is awesome in 5.1. That game has fantastic (and award winning) audio anyway, but surround is unbelievable, particularity the helicopters flying around you.

Plus you can hear the sneaky fuckers creeping up behind you with the knife.

i have just purchased a turtle beach x41 7.1 wireless headset so i am hoping that is at least as good or if not better than my surround sound, purely for gaming as the noise is right on you.

i didn't buy it for that though i got a great deal on it and it is mainly to have a decent chat mic

i got a hauppauge hd pvr and turtle beach x41 for £110

hd dvr is £100+ and x41 is about £70ish second hand

couldn't resist

Wow what a difference

Everything i throw at it sounds good. I'm hearing things in games i've never heard before and at times it had me looking towards the window wondering what was going off outside which was very strange as it sounded so real (even a mate did it a few times) :LOL:

I tried some HD audio as well and DTS and they make the film have another dimension its fucking unreal. Avatar sounded like your in the jungle and when he's swinging his fire torch around its revolves around the room its amazing

To say im pleased is a understatement, i just cant believe i didn't go this route sooner. For any gamer or film fan a proper receiver and speakers is a must judging this compared to all in one system

Last edited:
Bad Company 2 is awesome in 5.1. That game has fantastic (and award winning) audio anyway, but surround is unbelievable, particularity the helicopters flying around you.

Plus you can hear the sneaky fuckers creeping up behind you with the knife.

Do you set it to War Tapes?

Coopz I am sure I tried telling you about what a proper sound system does.....

Anyway glad you will enjoy it...

I have had a few moments I thought wtf.

One was watching in to the wild, his heart beat was making the sound I had to check a few times it wasn't people banging out side

Another was paranormal activity, even watching with a mostly deaf person, she thought someone was banging on the front door

Another thing you can get are the demo discs. Thx do one and they have all sorts of sounds, movie demos which show off your system

One has a chopper over, it is unreal

I listened to it on a Bose system and it was so real

Home cinema, I think. Never tried war tapes so don't know what effect that has.

Glad it's not just me that keeps looking out of the window when watching TV with surround. Sometimes the effect is scarily realistic.

I always thought war tapes was meant to be the best setting?

Ill give it a go later on the demo and see what they are both like.

Coopz I am sure I tried telling you about what a proper sound system does.....

Anyway glad you will enjoy it...

I have had a few moments I thought wtf.

One was watching in to the wild, his heart beat was making the sound I had to check a few times it wasn't people banging out side

Another was paranormal activity, even watching with a mostly deaf person, she thought someone was banging on the front door

Another thing you can get are the demo discs. Thx do one and they have all sorts of sounds, movie demos which show off your system

One has a chopper over, it is unreal

I listened to it on a Bose system and it was so real

You probably didn't mate but i probably thought it was too expensive back then, i wish i had took up your advice though because i would have got alot more out of games and films i have played/watched in the past

Is that disk one of these off the site i mentioned?

http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/

Do you know which is it so i can get it?

Back
Top Bottom