Winning Eleven / Pro Evolution Soccer on PS3 - Seabass Interview

ibu2003 said:
No mention of 360 Winning Eleven? thats wack!!!

well considering how poorly 360 is doing in japan its no suprise. PS3 is always gonna be the major console for Seabass in Japan.

same ML on next gen is gonna suck! lol

LeeC said:
Or maybe he's talking fish eggs... I mean come on, it's not like a dual core PC with SLI isn't beyond what next gen consoles are capable of but do they get any improvement?

Wow, that's new. And of course, those of us who think the game should improve aren't tired of hearing that one either. :roll:

And Konami seems to forget, it's producing a consumer driven product. But hey, when people lie flat on their back like flapping fish, why should they do better for us?

There's a difference between "blind, take what they're given fanboy" and "objective, would like to see the company strive for something bigger and better fan.".

We use the forums to "discuss improvements" that the game would benefit from. To "talk about" the pointless things that Konami seem intent on wasting valuable resources on. We love football and we love playing the game, nothing to do with fanboyism.

Well said, you really are one big tough f*cker...i think you walked straight out of that Tarantino film...can't remember the title something with "dogs" in it...

Ten things I want to see in WE for ps3.

1. ability to customize AI setting (without a patch).
2. more stadiums (even if generic), or better yet, custom/created stadiums
3. pitch condition change or setting (as in Stamford Bridge before and after the resodding).
4. more ability to curl regular shots (as in Henry's goal against liverpool this season).
5. a slight change in relative pacey-ness of players, as in, Djbril Cisse should be able to burn you every time (and then blast one into row Z).
6. ability to set formations for set pieces, or at LEAST pick your players. for crissakes, if I'm chelsea, can't i put Terry in the box on a corner???
7. more realism in AI mistakes: it would be incredible if sometimes the ref made a bad call. i actually think its great when this happens. BUT, it only makes sense if the commentary said something about it. For example, if you make a bad tackle in the box but ref waives play on. They show a replay and the commentator says something like, "oh, in my book that is a definite penalty!"
8. custom master league. (with more slots for teams than 16).
9. in agreement with Jimbo. get rid of lags and bugs; for any game company in competition with deadlines, this is always a problem, but WE has been around so long I don't see how they can mess it up.
10. creat-a-team. it would be so much better if you could just add teams in the game withouh havintg to edit (and get rid of) other teams.

NOTE: If you are from Konami and reading this please don't steal my ideas without hiring me.

PS. There's only one seabass.

"6. ability to set formations for set pieces, or at LEAST pick your players. for crissakes, if I'm chelsea, can't i put Terry in the box on a corner???"

erm... like... put your team on RED, like.. full offensive.
At least, Stam gets into the box, when I'm playing with Milan.

Androctonvs said:
erm... like... put your team on RED, like.. full offensive.

I know that, but it would be nice to pick where people are placed. For example, if I am playing with man united, I don't want rooney in the middle of the box or next to the goal. I want him at the top of the box, just outside, which is what he usually does in real life. I want him playing for a rebound to blast it in. I want rio or some other junkie in the middle. (kidding only).

All they need to add for me now after winning eleven 10 is management movement being able to get fired or hired from club to club would add some life to the old masterleague.

First Time I posted in here - I agree with the improvements put forward and I cant see how hard that would be to implement given that they are only tweaking an existing engine and are moving to a considerably more powerful platform.

The ability to move teams in ML as well as the component of being favoured/disliked by players would add a great theme - also players (different nationalities etc) not fittng in quickly on a new team - This could be done with an adaptability rating and be translated in-game by his form during the season

Kezz said:
Sounds more like marketing PS3 blabla hype to me. Of course the PS3 will have much more power than a lousy PS2, you don't need to be a doctor in rocket science to know that, Mr. Seabass. My point is: You should make a goddamn brand new game and not only talk about AI and player movement. The power of the PS3 should be used to change everything. "From reading forums" they should realise that this series really, really needs a complete facelifting.

Thanks PS2, you've been a good friend to all of us, but now we really need to reach new grounds in terms of much more than just online lags...

nothin to add...

also players (different nationalities etc) not fittng in quickly on a new team - This could be done with an adaptability rating and be translated in-game by his form during the season

This is the Teamwork ability, in the Master League. I recall, in PES2 when it was added, that a player could have 87 in the Teamwork stats, but when he was bought that ability would go down at first, and would only go up with regular playing and practicing up to a maximum of the players' default teamwork stat (yes, that was what the pre-season matches were all about: to improve the teamwork for your newcomers). Besides, a player would fit better with players he was used to play with - that's what that weird "teamwork view" in the formation screen is all about.

Sadly, I haven't been paying attention to that in the following games - PES3, 4 and 5... But I don't see why would've they changed that behaviour, as it made all the sense to me.

Keep it up with the PS3 topic. Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

They have to include pie in the game...yes pie...chicken and mushrrom pie or maybe apple. Steak and kidney is nice.

Dans un rapport financier, l'éditeur/développeur japonais Konami confirme son intention de sortir deux jeux PlayStation 3 avant la fin de l'année fiscale 2006 prévue pour le 31 Mars 2007. Quels titres me direz-vous ? Si vous m'autorisez une petite spéculation je dirai Coded Arms : Assault et HellBoy, deux productions officiellement annoncées. Qui a parlé de Pro Evolution Soccer ?

any can translated this to english? please

ps3 version is going to be better

PES 6 with be like full auto
and the new titled seabass soccer game with be like full auto 2 ;)

they are so many usa xbox sluts on here! i aint a fan boy but least i have sense. Bottom line is august stay tunes for news tokyo game show to deliver

My wishlist:

1. Analog long passing and better control over trajectories and curls.

2. Definately some sort of set-piece manager. I don't want 160-ish Shimizu in the wall when beckham is taking a freekick against me in the 90th minute.

3. Less scripting and handicapping. it is just ridiculous when going from one game to the other and immediately notice how your players are slower and turn slower just because you are facing a better team or are playing in a final or on away pitches. Especially since the reference I have noticing the slower movement is the exhausted players from the end of the first match and the energy-filled players at kickoff of the next match.
Randomness is good, but it should be random, and not set in as soon as you face AC Milan or play an away game (last time I checked playing in some other city doesn't make players run slower for whatever reason).

4. Refined controls that allow for more detailed play, including lots of little feints and such. Also analog speed of player movement, sometimes when I want to take it easy and pass around in the defence I get bugged by the fact that players still look like they are in such a rush running around. Basically like the automatic slow-down in player movement when releasing the stick at fullspeed, only controllable wit hthe tilt angle of the stick. Analog sticks are there, use them.

5. Better Master League kit creation and such, with all designs of licenced teams available to me, not just the jagged-edge designs currently available.

Kezz said:
Sounds more like marketing PS3 blabla hype to me. Of course the PS3 will have much more power than a lousy PS2, you don't need to be a doctor in rocket science to know that, Mr. Seabass. My point is: You should make a goddamn brand new game and not only talk about AI and player movement. The power of the PS3 should be used to change everything. "From reading forums" they should realise that this series really, really needs a complete facelifting.

Thanks PS2, you've been a good friend to all of us, but now we really need to reach new grounds in terms of much more than just online lags...

...agreed....

I really want a much much better nets... Like the ones in the Confederation Cup last in Germany.. that will be fantastic

:lol: @ JayD's avatar, classic avatar man, one of the best i've seen around lately :)
BTW, nice find Mr.TG ;)

Back
Top Bottom