Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (DS, PC, PS2, PSP, X360)

I doubt Konami will make an entirely different version of PES for the PS3. If the screens we are seeing are the Next Gen 360 version, we will see the same version for the PS3.

It'll take more resources to build a new one up from scratch - unless, that is, they have a special agreement with Sony. I doubt this is the case though. Additionally, Microsoft won't be too pleased if Konami gave them an inferior product.

And FFS, the graphics on the PS3 aren't a world apart from the 360!!

D-D-Don't Believe the Hype!

:roll:

^ I think posts like this need to stop.

No need for ps3 vs x360 in here.

What fucking matters is that a next-gen we/pes is coming.

The longest title in sports gaming just got longer.
by Jonathan Miller

May 12, 2006 - Eventually, it had to happen. Not even Konami is silly enough to brand its award-winning soccer title Winning Eleven 11 -- just sounds funny. So, in an attempt to merge the North American Winning Eleven brand with the European Pro Evolution brand, Konami proudly unveiled Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007. Despite the longest name of a sports game around, the early build of the new WE title played very well this week at E3 on a Playstation 2. We were eager to see the 360 version of the game but it didn't make an appearance. Still, we got some details for you.

Konami has procured licenses for 20 more teams this year, including the full roster of Argentina and, finally, the Netherlands. While WE9 was the first title in the franchise to go online, WE2007 will offer online play on all platforms, including handhelds and Xbox 360. The title also offers a new International Challenge mode that Konami says is a grand tournament featuring the world's best international teams. Sound familiar?

We pitted England against the Netherlands on the PS2 and came away very impressed. Fans of the series will not be surprised that Konami continued its trend of subtle tweaks and adjustments, going with the "if-it-aint-broke" philosophy once again with WE. The game speed is a tad faster than last year and the animations are still sublime. Based on what we played of WE2007 versus EA's World Cup title released last month, WE is still the king of videogame soccer, at least on the PS2. We'll have to wait and see how it shapes up the nice effort EA put forth with 2006 FIFA World Cup.

I dispatched the Netherlands 2-1 thanks to an amazing Michael Owen header to go up 1-0, and a Beckham shot that rebounded off the keeper and into Wayne Rooney's possession for a quick chip and 2-0 lead. Ruud van Nistelrooy answered with a powerful shot off the post to get his team within one just before time expired.

I noticed a few minor control changes from last year's WE9. When in the corner, the O button on PS2 (B on Xbox) would automatically be a center cross. This time around, you have to select which player to pass to. So if you're at the top corner and hit down and O, you'll pass to the center of the pitch. But if you aim toward the top of the box, you can pass the ball back instead of going right at goal. It's subtle, but a good idea and extra level of control that probably should have always been in the game.

Of course, what remains constant in the franchise are spectacular goals that induce fist-pumps and victorious yelps of joy. We'll have more on WE2007 as it approaches its January release date.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/708/708441p1.html

Konami has procured licenses for 20 more teams this year, including the full roster of Argentina and, finally, the Netherlands. While WE9 was the first title in the franchise to go on-line, WE2007 will offer on-line play on all platforms, including handhelds and Xbox 360. The title also offers a new International Challenge mode that Konami says is a grand tournament featuring the world's best international teams. Sound familiar?

Yeah it does sound familiar sounds like a typical American WE preview describing new stuff thats been released in Japan and Europe for months.
360 version sounds just like WE10 on PS2 sorry.

I was just thinkin about the potential of the PS3 version and damn, image if they let us make the motion sensor to make run-ins. Hands free no buttons, no second analog like Football Kingdom, you just take control of another player by moving your hand. Or aiming manual passes. I guess it that would take a lot of time to get used and would have to be implemented right to but there def good possibilities.

I don't how this would apply to Wii. Because there you would have to use either normal controls or 3D controls not both at the same time I don't think. I'm interested in what Seabass would come up for that.

jumbo said:
I was just thinkin about the potential of the PS3 version and damn, image if they let us make the motion sensor to make run-ins. Hands free no buttons, no second analog like Football Kingdom, you just take control of another player by moving your hand. Or aiming manual passes. I guess it that would take a lot of time to get used and would have to be implemented right to but there def good possibilities.

I don't how this would apply to Wii. Because there you would have to use either normal controls or 3D controls not both at the same time I don't think. I'm interested in what Seabass would come up for that.

I'm sorry, but the PS3 controller does NOT have motion sensor detection.

They just have some 'tilt' function.

The Wii-mote is the one with motion sensors.

what baffles me is that in the Microsoft Conference Peter Moore stated that PES will come to 360 this year, but Konami stated in their press release that it will be out Jan 07.

Obviously we should trust the people who make the game, but January is one hell of a weird month to release a footy game. I really expect that date to change.

i'm sorry but the ps3 controller has motion sensing, and it's specifically called motion sensing.

6 degree of freedom. up, down, left, right, forward, backward.

measured by calculating x,y,z axis.

so not only does it recognize directional movement but also depth.

I never said it's the same as Wii. Wii is a whole different thing. A lot more advanced and better of course.

As far as DS3 + WE, you now have the 8 standard buttons + D-Pad + 2 analogs
but also motion sensor which you can use additional 6 buttons for hands free manuvers.

Last edited:
Adonis said:
what baffles me is that in the Microsoft Conference Peter Moore stated that PES will come to 360 this year, but Konami stated in their press release that it will be out Jan 07.

Obviously we should trust the people who make the game, but January is one hell of a weird month to release a footy game. I really expect that date to change.

man, i just praying this game is region free for x360.

i'm sorry but the ps3 controller has motion sensing, and it's specifically called motion sensing.

6 degree of freedom. up, down, left, right, forward, backward.

measured by calculating x,y,z axis.

so not only does it recognize directional movement but also depth.
Its a nice word for tilt, you have 6degree's of tilt thats calculated by the x,y,z azis. If it has depth then "force" would have to be added to the calculation. So calculation on x/y/z not only in degrees but also in speed of movement (which could be either registered thru external motion sensing like wii or a "forceball" within the controller). That would give depth to your movement. Dont know if sony has that as i havent seen it in any other comments on the controller, the only thing mentioned is tilt.

if you are gonna talk about motion sensing, ie tilt the main option i would like to see is that it effects the spin of the ball. This would make curved shots more interactive, you could hit long passes with top spin (to make it run on when it touches the ground) or back spin (to make it slow down once hitting the turf). That could really add a new depth to the actual gameplay, player runs can still be used with arrows in the tactics screen imo.

Although like analog i probably wont use it anyway for we : pes

Last edited:
Adonis said:

my 2 cents:
microsoft wants the asian market, today rather then tomorrow. WE is one of the best selling game there. microsoft has alot of money, and alot of money can make things happen. thus winning eleven 360 will be out in october.

ThomasGOAL said:
One French website says PES6 is a exclusivity Xbox 360 for 6 months, any english news confirm this bad news ?

Can't see it happening personally, Japan is Sony and Winning Elevens home. Either way I've got a 360 so it doesn't matter to me but if Microsoft did pull it off it would encourage mass sales in Japan of the 360.

Adonis said:

PES6 for the 360 will come out this year. THE US VERSION WILL BE OUT IN JANUARY!

ThomasGOAL said:
One French website says PES6 is a exclusivity Xbox 360 for 6 months, any english news confirm this bad news ?

No news on this mate, although I presume it could be true.

Not really a deal struck, but perhaps on the fact of the delayed PS3 release date.

rockykabir said:
Give that Microsoft controller with "Motion Sensing" a try...it came out on the PC a while ago.

Trust me, you will want to turn it off after a while :( - plus you look a right twat playing with it(!)

Once again,
give me a game that was coded to take advantage for it.

i could take any PC game and hook this contoller up and use the sensing function instead of d-pad to control whatever. no point. the difference between this and ds3 is that ds3's will actually be used properly. ;)

JayD said:
Can't see it happening personally, Japan is Sony and Winning Elevens home. Either way I've got a 360 so it doesn't matter to me but if Microsoft did pull it off it would encourage mass sales in Japan of the 360.

in the both consoles is perfect but a exclusivity of 6 months on Xbox 360, it's a bad news for me, because i want the PS3 for GT, MGS, VT etc.. and if i want play to PES next gen i need to buy a Xbox 360 only for this game, and i sell it when is coming too PS3, sorry but i don't like any exclusive games on Xbox 360, you understand my position ? :(

ThomasGOAL said:
in the both consoles is perfect but a exclusivity of 6 months on Xbox 360, it's a bad news for me, because i want the PS3 for GT, MGS, VT etc.. and if i want play to PES next gen i need to buy a Xbox 360 only for this game, and i sell it when is coming too PS3, sorry but i don't like any exclusive games on Xbox 360, you understand my position ? :(

Dont worry too much as yet mate.

Im almost positive it will be released on the 360 first though, but not because of it being exclusive to Microsofts machine.

Im sure Konami would want to have some more time on the PS3 hardware before releasing it on the console.

ThomasGOAL said:

Yes of course Thomas, but you never know it might be a blessing in disguise. You will have to step over to the dark side and buy a 360 and may actually enjoy the 360 and when the PS3 comes out you could enjoy the best of 2 excellent machines. You never know Thomas, stranger things have happenend. ;)

Konami isn't stupid.

They can get a lot more off of sales than from a exclusive agreement with MS.

At least I hope they ain't stupid..

jumbo said:
Konami isn't stupid.

They can get a lot more off of sales than from a exclusive agreement with MS.

At least I hope they ain't stupid..

Its not about being stupid though. Maybe they simply haven't had enough time with the PS3 or maybe Microsoft paid them handsomly for the exclusive as they know this is a sure fire way into the Japanese market.

Back
Top Bottom