Winning Eleven [Nintendo DS] TBA 2006

jumbo

Premiership
30 May 2003
WE Heaven
This is for all the DS owners on this forum. In my opinion, the PSP version w/o multiplayer and missing sp modes, was rather dissapointing. That's why, after some time, I renewed my interested in the DS version.

I recently got a DS for Xmas and it's a brilliant system. The potential for a DS WE game is huge, with 2 screens and everything.

For all I care, they could release ISS 64 in a new box and I will get a heartattack being a fan of those versions that I am. :D

The only info so far:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/sports/worldsoccerwinningeleven/
http://ds.ign.com/objects/695/695640.html

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=30da4ca4-e4c1-4951-992d-a1630b217597&

The only dissapoiting thing is the game has been announced in mid 2004 and there's still no info available.

As it stand right now, the release date is TBA 2006 for all regions.

Hopefully KONAMI releases more info soon!

!?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
The PSP version had multiplayer, it was a good first try on a decent Handheld. This DS version will be awful, simply because the DS is awful. I'm really not sure how they'll use the two screens for it. It will probably be very poor graphically as well. All DS games are

matherto said:
The PSP version had multiplayer, it was a good first try on a decent Handheld. This DS version will be awful, simply because the DS is awful. I'm really not sure how they'll use the two screens for it. It will probably be very poor graphically as well. All DS games are

All about gfx hey mate!!

;)

matherto said:
The DS is awful? Utter pish mate, it was designed to play games instead of some fucking mutant hybrid dvd/mp3/game player like the PSP. It has a great screen but it's controls are SHITE.

If the DS could pull off even PS1-style WE I'd buy it in an instant.

While I do agree with ClassicD in saying that DS is anything but shit, lets not go there in this thread.

The graphics on DS are not shit. They are Nintendo 64/PSX quality. The last time I checked, handhelds were stuck in the 2d era. This is anything but shit, for a handheld.

Anyone seen FIFA 2006 for DS? It uses two screens. During gameplay, the lower screen serves as a radar and I believe you can do all the management stuff on the fly.

The chances are the DS version will also be WiFi compatible. As far as I know, the PSP version is not online.

Like Classic said, anything close to PS1 quality, I'm sold.

I thought the DS was awful.. till I picked up my mates DS With the New Mario Kart DS! The graphics are in between N64 and GC Graphics! not bad at all! So I think if PES/WE is better on the DS than it is on the PSP I might have to pick it up for them train journeys :)

DJ

All I know DS kicks PSP a$$ all over the place. I`ve tried both and I`m a huge Sony/PS fan but DS just owns PSP.

it should arrive by spring 2006. nintendo announced at there summit a few months back that konami are gonna release it. i think it will be online also.

one of the creators of WE said he thinks the DS is a fantastic machine in an interview few months ago.

oh and yeah DS is a dope machine.

sony must be bemused how the DS is killing PSP sales in japan. :)

ClassicD said:
The DS is awful? Utter pish mate, it was designed to play games instead of some fucking mutant hybrid dvd/mp3/game player like the PSP. It has a great screen but it's controls are SHITE.

If the DS could pull off even PS1-style WE I'd buy it in an instant.

That explains why Brain Training sells so well in Japan because after all, the DS was designed to play games.

By the way, this version is suppoused to be called just Winning Eleven, not Winning Eleven 9 or anything. It'll be a stand alone version.

I can't wait to see what they come up with.

bump.

s100.jpg

s101.jpg

About DS/PSP.
I have the PSP because IMHO it is more suited for the games i like (sports style).
Looking from another view point the DS clearly beats the PSP in terms of originality/ creativity and new style of games...if you want to see new things (games) the DS is the handheld to watch and to buy...

As for PES on PSP all in all i like it enormously...as ML freak i'm disappointed that there is no ML and i would have liked a wide camere (without it the random element is too big for me)...

If people would read the above paragraph they would say that i criticize PSP PES enormously (which would be correect i suppose) but all in all i play much more PES on PSP than on PS2....so obviously i'm quite happy about it...

NickSCFC said:
Looks awful, at least it'll be a tousand times better than FIFA on DS.
I wouldn't say it looks awful, I expected it to look closer to the PSOne versions than PS2 and it does. As long as it plays well, does it make much difference? Sometimes small things like having Milan play in simple black and red stripes than a fully-licensed kit leaves more to the imagination, and is more enjoyable. Not that Milan will be unlicensed, I have no idea, but graphics don't make a game. I loved the PSOne editions, and this will be in-between those and the current editions I'd guess.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays though, because I'm going to have to disagree with you Gerd and say that the PSP version is not enjoyable in the least for me, but that's a different matter.

Well Classic, it's kinda weird for me...i miss ML and the fact that there is no wide camera is a serious flaw IMHO, but still i enjoy it more than on PS2...it must be different quite a lot from the PS2 version though ...because if i play the PS2 version i feel that i play less good than before i had the PSP version...
Maybe the PSP is much more different from the early versions on the PSONE (which i never played...).

Off course i want to play it on a nextgen console, i'm not sure which one i will buy XBOX 360 or PS3...which one would you buy Classic (i will definately buy only one of them...).

Already have the 360, but for WE/PES on the new consoles it's hard to say which would be best to buy because no one is quite sure about the PS3 yet. The Japanese prefer Sony over Microsoft so I'm inclined to say it will be better on their machine.

If it's plays at least as good as the PS1 version, I'll be happy. Especially since the DS' D-Pad is actually playable, unlike that non-diagonal freindly PSP.

all the PSP owners are gonna complain about the graphics.. well they can diss the graphics all they like.

while your playing against your mate or brother/sister in the same room i will be playing the DS version against players all over the world.

i know which version i would rather have..

just hope the japanese buy this as they never bought the GC version and we never saw a WE title on the DS again. although with this being online plenty of non-DS owners in japan (which there isn't many of :)) should snap this up.

Erm the old classic ISS series it started off life on the N64 and ended on the N64 . The last ever ISS made by the Pro Evo team was ISS 2000 on the N64, it'll be a enhanced version of that or the PS1 version except I never played that.
The DS is more powerful than the N64 not less powerful than a PS1! If you've played Mario 64 DS it does look better than the original.

The SNES and N64 version's of ISS were fantastic dunno about the first ever Pro Evo on the PS1.

P.S The people who do ISS now are a completely different team so it's not as good anymore..

Last edited:
If they base it on the gameplay of the GBA version that would be tremendous - despite the primitive graphics this is my favourite in the series, even compared to PES5 on a decent PC. I find defending is too easy in current iterations (including the PSP version), but hanging on to a narrow lead on the GBA is superbly nerve-wracking - misjudge one tackle by a pixel and the COM scores! Impressive also that the GBA edition had ML, cups and commentary - all missing from the (supposedly mega-powerful) PSP

the currrent gen iss games are a disgrace.

the psx - n64 series were amazing.

that's what i'm hopin this game to be, more specifically something along the lines of the 64 version.

i still have my old n64 and both is64 and 98 right here man. :)

that'd be heaven!

Back
Top Bottom