Status
Not open for further replies.

xSaiko

Conference
17 September 2011
Roda JC
Winning Eleven 8 / PES 4

11so95x.jpg

I opened up this thread because I noticed there is actually no real place to talk about, in my opinion, the most exciting PES game.
I dont know exactly how many people share this opinion but I know there are still some PES 4 players around.

The biggest lack in modding PES 4 is that there is no faceserver available.
So people will lose interest or motivation in doing something for this game, despite its really exciting gameplay.

Just to get a clear view of how many people still play or would like to play it, I would appreciate it if you could post here.

Share your thoughts!

Modding Tools & Stuff

PES 4 Tools Collection
Lodmixer 1.9 + Timepatch
KDF World Mod 2011

:GSCARF: WE NEED A FACESERVER FOR PES 4 :GSCARF:

Last edited:
First Pes game i ever played on a PC. God they were good memories. As i remember though there were some bad bugs. One i remember was the lob goal, I'm pretty sure there was another but cannot remember that far back. Apart from these though it was a thoroughly enjoyable game.

With regards to going back playing i wouldn't consider it as things have moved on considerably since then, pes2012 may have its gameplay issues but even pes6 is so much more of a complete game than pes4 in my opinion anyway.

Pes 4 is the game i am actually playing, cause for the first time i can't get used to the last installement of pes (Pes2012).
I am not saying that Pes 4 is the best one tho, or that it is better than Pes 2012, just that i seem to suck soo much against CPU on Pes 2012 (i dont like online games specially cause i like to play tournaments that imply every team, and not just play everytime against barcelona whores) i switched to Pes 4 that seem to be a perfect balance between victories and lose, in the meaning that if i use a strong team i have big chances to win a tournament, but if i play using a lower league team or a lower rated national team, then i will be kicked in the ass, or at least if i play well i can advance some rounds but i cant win the tournament.
As for kitserver, i dont care too much about kits (i make some myself, but always MOCKs as i am not a good kitmaker) what i really miss is a very good option file editor like the ones created by wild@ for the most recent Pes games. The one i us is good, but i can't for example change the color of radar dots and most important i can't import CVS or fm2012 stats, so it is quite boring to create teams. I menaged to update every national team, but now i am lazy to start updating clubs too.

I remember that PES 4 disappointed me a lot when I played almost non-stop PES 3 previously.
Bad shots, bad passing, to charp and bad looking dribbling and animation.After smooth PES 3 animations, when I saw these in PES 4, my reaction was
wtfwtfshocksurprisesmil.png
.However, it is actually one of a lot played PES from me because had LAN, аnd we did online tournaments and leagues :)
But in general, PES 4 is the worst PES for the PS2 generation, personal opinion.

Last edited:
For me PES 4 is the best in series and it wall went down hill from it, i still play it and i love it, the only reason i play PES 6 cause you can edit a lot more, in my opinion PES 4 is the best only bad thing is shooting i think, PES 5 had the best shooting and PES 6 is not smooth at all

I am currently playing PES 3 as I dont like the the next gen games, like the person above me I am not saying its better than PES 2012 just for me its more playable.

I find 3 has good AI and is really playable as for PES 4 I never really did play it when it was released I dont think its a bad game but its not as good as 3 in my opinion of course, still im glad to see im not the only one who loves the old gen games

Im making a PES 3 95/96 season patch at the minute

just to add PES 6 is great but its too easy especially to hold on to the ball in PES 3 you have to think fast spend too long and the ball and the AI will take it off you fast

Saintri I forgot to say PES 3 for me before was the best, the Simulation is great AI defense is great like you said, it is fluid i would love to see your patch, for me PES 3 & 4 are the best in serries its only my opinion :)

If there is something that PES 4 is the best in the PS2 era, it is graphic. PES 4 is the best looking game for the older generation, great graphic, presentation and menus.

I installed it yesterday and it's quiet good.

Can anybody upload their KDB folder? I can't find any full "uni" folder anywhere :(

I personally never really got on with PES4, mainly because of the shooting.

PES3 and PES5 were pretty much perfect in my eyes.

Still they're all much better than the current-gen shite that we have nowadays, they're just so much more fun.

Interesting to see there are still some people recognizing the power of these old games.
But I dont get why everyone is modding for PES 6? Is it only because there is a faceserver available?! I mean: when you are smart enough to come to the conclusion that PES 6 is more fun than the new-gen PES, than you should also see that PES 4 or 5 are even more fun compared to PES 6.

I really would love to play PES 4 updated with all these beautiful faces but for the lack of a faceserver it isnt possible.
PES 6 has all the great mods but I cant play it with the idea of PES 4 being more fun in the back of head.
It really frustrates me. So I end up playing nothing at all ^^

Why couldnt Konami just had included a editor to make it easy for the players to change everything (add faces, chants etc.)

BTW. I will check PES 3. I would be suprised in a positive way if its even more fun than PES 4 :D I just cant believe nowadays nobody is capable of making a good soccer simulation. With all their next gen graphics shit they just forget about making a game a great experience. I see this development in all kinds of gaming genres. Look back and you will find real great games.

Last edited:
One thing I'd love to know is, with all these mods for PES6, where you can have a ridiculous amount of stadiums, teams, boots, etc.

Is it easy to do?

The only PES game I had on PC was PES3, modded it enough to have new boots, all the kits and new textures for the existing stadiums but I'd imagine it's a lot more complicated now for the likes of PES6?

Hm I dont see why it would be more complicated :)
PES 6 has pretty much the same engine. I guess the editing works for the most parts in the way. Its just that PES 6 has the usefull tools.
Concerning the faces, you would need a faceserver like Juce made for PES 5 and 6 etc. As far as I know he is the only one here with the knowlegde to make such thing, but Im not sure if he is motivated to make something for such an old game. Although I know a lot of PES 6 players would play PES 4 if there was a faceserver.

Dammit, I played PES 6 another time just to see if its possible for me to like it, but honestly I gotta say: Compared to PES 4, PES 6 is a real piece of junk!
-The movement is so freakin stiff.
-The ball feels like something in between wood and plastic.
-When a corner kick, your goalie isnt able to really get his ass out of the goal and grab the ball. (wtf, in PES 4 when a corner kick, you can freely move your goalie with all risk included. Just like in real soccer! Why the heck would they remove such a realistic feature in PES 6, when it worked great in PES 4?!
-The passing feels so unreal. Balls either end up exactly in the feet of the player you passed to or exactly in the opponents feet. In PES 4 balls can also fall in between players, which gives unique interesting situations.
-The whole PES 6 just feels to scripted. It has nothing to do with the freedom of real soccer.

I dont care if it has all the nice mods. The game system in itself is crap. Then I rather play an exciting game like PES 4 without mods.

I will also try PES 5 again but Im almost sure it will also dissapoint compared to PES 4.

I've never really understood the love for PES 6. Probably never played more than 10 matches on it but from those matches and seeing videos and reading things, it seems too arcadey, too easy to dribble, too easy to score (amazing goals happen too often too) and too easy to play vs the AI.

Can't really remember PES4 to be honest. Always been a PES5 man. Stopped for a while to play 2011 but went back to 5 very quickly. Stopped again for 2012 but recently my good laptop broke and I'm back to playing PES 5 on a my low spec machine. Still loving it. Started a ML with Sunderland and original OF, and it's such a challenge. The AI often beats me for possession %, I recently lost 3-0 to top of the table, almost every goal has to really be worked for and tactics have a real effect. There's more stuff of course, and also some negative things but I'm amazed that I still love this game almost 7 years after release.

Anyway, as this is really a PES4 topic and I can't remember much about that game, it would be interesting to hear what PES4 does better than PES5?

Started a ML with Sunderland and original OF, and it's such a challenge. The AI often beats me for possession %, I recently lost 3-0 to top of the table, almost every goal has to really be worked for and tactics have a real effect. There's more stuff of course, and also some negative things but I'm amazed that I still love this game almost 7 years after release.

Anyway, as this is really a PES4 topic and I can't remember much about that game, it would be interesting to hear what PES4 does better than PES5?

The way you describe PES 5 makes me want to check it out again :)
I actually played it a lot and I remember it to be really great and challenging, which is a good thing.
I will soon try it, then I can also tell you how it is compared to PES 4 from my point of view.

I instaled again and i really forgot how this game was amaizing.I mean presentation of match,graphic,dirty kits,gameplay,animations...
PS:Anyone tried to patch game? I remember there was lot of good patches in old times :)

I instaled again and i really forgot how this game was amaizing.I mean presentation of match,graphic,dirty kits,gameplay,animations...
PS:Anyone tried to patch game? I remember there was lot of good patches in old times :)

Have you seen the KDF mod? I think this is the only recent patch there is :(

Nice one,i will check files,to see how is working on.
MAybe we could make some small edit-team for pes4 from evo-web,cause i am definetly interested in this!

Thanks for the link. I am downloading as I'm typing.

Do you guys play online? peslauncher is still available you know. People are still playing this game online and offline for a reason.

Guys, every time I restart my computer I have to re-attach kitserver for it to work otherwise I get a PES4 or WE8I.exe error when I try to launch the game. Is this a known issue with Windows 7 and the kitserver 4? I am using kitserver 4.3.11(believe it's the latest version)

The game launches fine when I disable the kitserver all together.

Any ideas? Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

Last edited:
Guys, every time I restart my computer I have to re-attach kitserver for it to work otherwise I get a PES4 or WE8I.exe error when I try to launch the game. Is this a known issue with Windows 7 and the kitserver 4? I am using kitserver 4.3.11(believe it's the latest version)

The game launches fine when I disable the kitserver all together.

Any ideas? Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

Hm everytime when I attach this kitserver Juce posted, my Avira Antivirus finds an TR/Crypt.Xpack.gen Virus in the PES4.exe
When I remove to quarantaine my exe will be removed, so I ignore this warning (otherwise I cant play with kitserver. And then when I restart I get this warning again. Maybe for you it also has something to do with that?!

Btw. I doesnt have to be a real virus, sometimes Antivirus recognize certain harmless dll. files as a virus.

Do you guys play online? peslauncher is still available you know.

Yes I played some games online with peslauncher. But somehow I couldnt get it configured in the right way. Mostly had some problems with connecting to players.

Hm everytime when I attach this kitserver Juce posted, my Avira Antivirus finds an TR/Crypt.Xpack.gen Virus in the PES4.exe
When I remove to quarantaine my exe will be removed, so I ignore this warning (otherwise I cant play with kitserver. And then when I restart I get this warning again. Maybe for you it also has something to do with that?!

Btw. I doesnt have to be a real virus, sometimes Antivirus recognize certain harmless dll. files as a virus.

I don't have any antivirus installed though. It happens on my other computer too. So Windows 7 is definitely not playing well with the kitserver. I wish I knew how to fix it.

I don't have any antivirus installed though. It happens on my other computer too. So Windows 7 is definitely not playing well with the kitserver. I wish I knew how to fix it.

Have you tried out the kitserver that comes with the kdf world mod? Or is that the same version?

I saw files in dat folder,they work same as pes6.Just try to find stadium files etc,and anyone know AFS MAP? Chants map? Etc things...
PS How to edit OF,is there some tool like Pes Fan for pes6.

Here is a tool collection for PES 4

I dont know about chants map.

But if you open the afs files in DKZ Studio you will see that a lot of things are named. Which makes it easy to see what is what.

Oh.. I see now there is a afs map inside this tool collection pack. Text document named: All Files in PES4 PC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom