winning eleven 10

dean7879

Non-League
2 August 2003
wolverhampton
i still play this game for the ps2. the new ps3 version doesnt come close to it imo.

anyone still feel this way?

btw ive played winning eleven since the series first came out and im not a fifa fanboy.

WE10 was the beginning of the end imo.
The start of super-fast attack-biased football.
Using the wings has always been the easiest way to play PES/WE, but this took the piss.
This was the first WE/PES were i felt my defenders deliberately ran in the wrong direction, and the sidebacks left ACRES of space for wingers.

I never used the edit position or attack/defense arrows before this game.
And even if you do alter everything the still do baffling things.
PES6 was slightly better imo, but the defending shenanigens remained, and then we have cutbacks...

WE10 is shit.

I traded in the PS3 PES2008 for the PS2 one, but they're both not very good imo.
I was playing PES3 earlier, and I suggest you do as well, then you'll see what I mean about the defensive ai.
The side-backs don't leave acres for wingers, and defenders cover space and defend better.
I can defend in WE10, but I'm just surprised that the defensive ai is basically worse than PES3.
I was a bit harsh on WE10, but when you see the broken defensive AI with the improved attacking, and the speed of the game, and worse of all THE KEEPERS, you can surely see what I mean.
WE10 was the beginning of superfast, keeper rebounding, 3 passes down the wing and cutback footy imo.

I didn't mean to ruin the thread with negativity, sorry!
I still love PES, and hope Seabass delivers with the next game :)

I'm actually loving PES3 atm, I even went through all the teams in edit mode and picked the best 11, and chose the free-kick takers, to make the cpu more challenging.
It's a flawed game of course, keepers take ages to throw it out, and long-range shots are laughable, but it's great imo.

i will check it out mate. i stayed away from the ps2 version because i assumed it would be as shit as the ps3 version. i will definetly check it out now though. winning eleven 10 does have its faults no doubt.

can you get winning eleven 11 on the ps2?

we9 gameplay is actually better and harder but the shooting system and ref in we10 is much better.

to be fair i did enjoy the winning eleven 9 series. it took me a while to get into we10. i might have to go back to it and compare the two

I agree whole-heartedly about WE10 being the beginning of the end. Ever since the first reviews said the passing and shooting was easier and the game was faster i just knew i wouldnt like it one bit and right i was.

I like winning eleven 8 on ps2, was freakin' awesome.

9 was gr8 too, after that... they messed the gameplay, the menus the ... lotta crap, little things here there make the game a crap load different.

Back
Top Bottom