Windows 8

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
So, Windows 8 is shit then. Extremely clumsy and obviously designed for the tablet market.

Clumsy? Not really it's essentially Windows 7 without a start menu (which can be added in via 3rd part app) or boot direct to desktop (which takes one click to be back at), found it pretty responsive and efficient personally, I just went back to 7 because of some compatibility issues but I'll be moving to 8 if they bring out a decent pre-order price.

Oh it's awful. Took me about 5 minutes to work out where the shut down button was...

I need to disable the hybrid shut down state and get boot to desktop then I may reconsider.

Hate Windows 8. Simple as lads.

The fact Metro is FORCED opon you whether you have a Desktop, Laptop or a touch screen machine. We should be given the choice DURING the installation as to what Interface we would prefer to use!

Its simply not feasible nor good to use the Metro UI without a Touch Screen.

Hybrid disabled and got a nice program called Start8, which adds the windows button back and also allows you to boot straight to desktop!

Yeah that's what I've done. All that Metro shit is pointless on a desktop computer.

Tablets one day will rule the world.... as will Cloud Computing.

Things will never be the same again.

The question is Tim why doesnt Windows 7 install? With bootcamp from what I remember its pretty simple to run through the wizard, insert the Windows 7 DVD, System reboots and then launches the DVD and you can do a basic installation. From there you then need one of the discs that came with your Mac for the Drivers.

Yeah, it's after it's rebooted into Windows 7 install, does all that, then reboots again and is on the bit that says "Completing the installation..." when it just freezes and I have to hold the power button to turn the machine off. When I turn back on it tries to carry on but says the install is corrupt :((.

I remember I had an issue with this a while ago after I'd upgraded to 8GB RAM, I tried to install Windows 7 and it froze. So I took out my RAM and reinstalled the OEM Apple 4GB RAM and it worked fine. I tried that this time but it still froze :((.

Any ideas?!

Hmm sounds interesting that Windows 7 doesnt seem to like the RAM but Windows 8 doesnt care. Weird one that.

That is weird, but now weirder that Windows 7 now won't install with 4GB of Apple RAM or 8GB of other RAM.

Have you tried a pirated install disk? Sounds crazy but maybe something's wrong with your disk. If you feel uncomfortable with that maybe borrow your friends disk? They're all the same.

Yeah could be my disc I guess. Bsmaff has given me a solution in the PC Building thread too. I might download the Windows 7 64 bit ISO from the Microsoft website and burn that to try too.

Tablets one day will rule the world.... as will Cloud Computing.

Things will never be the same again.

cloud computing pretty much is in the business sector.

but i agree.

everything will be a touch screen multipoint device connecting to the cloud to do whatever you need.

connecting into your own home to tell your appliances to do different things will be the norm.

And IT Support people like me will be out of a job when everyone connects to Google, Apple or Microsoft's Cloud systems......

Back
Top Bottom