windows 7 Ultimate x64 and PES 2010 weird stuttering (I read all the other threads!)

salidarius

Non-League
26 September 2008
Hey guys and gals,

I recently upgraded from XP to Win 7 Ultimate x64, i am having stuttering problems in PES 2010. I never had any problems like this on XP, the slowdowns on XP professional service pack 2 were just microscopic.

There's only a handful of threads about this problem and they are kind of outdated, it's not a hardware issue because i have seen people having problems with the best of best systems.

And before i move on i had Wait for Vsync and frameskipping on without any problems, stutter was just so minimal and not annoying.

The game ran fluently on my simple old system:

GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
GPU Clocks : Core 600 MHz / RAM 900 MHz
DirectX Version : 11.0

It seems to be an incompatibility issue of some kind, i already chose the XP/Vista compatibility modes but without any real hardcore result.

People were talking about Win 7 not being able to access 60HZ, and that it could affect the gameplay. My Win is set to 60HZ and it still runs like crap with small jittering,i have tried turning off Vsync and frameskipping, just makes the game play more terrible.

I have tried using Nvidia Vsync and all that crap.....

I have tried Nvidia driver rollbacks and D3DOverider and gamebooster, basically i have tried everything suggested by tons of forums on the net.

I recently installed my copy of Resident Evil 5, the game runs AWESOMELY with everything turned on (DirectX 10 mode).

Is it me or is Konami trying to punish Win7 users??? Or is there some fix that i overlooked?

Thanks in advance :WORSHIP:

Re: windows 7 Ultimate x64 and PES 2010 weird stuttering (I read all the other thread

I play perfectly with windows 7 x64, less no problems...

have you patched the game, with original konami's patch 1.03?

Last edited:
Re: windows 7 Ultimate x64 and PES 2010 weird stuttering (I read all the other thread

Yes i have patched the game with the new exe, i even tried to roll back to the original DVD version because i thought it was giving me problems.

I will do a clean install of PES to see what the effects are, what system are you running? I know my system is not top of the line, but it ran perfect on XP and RES5 runs awesome (even better than on XP) on Win7.

Thanks.........

try to turn on v sync from d3d overrider as also from riva tuner (always on) from game settings tick the v sych...in nivida control panel use game settings ...also try to check and uncheck the frame skipping (hit n trial on that one )...if u r using LOD from kit server try using 3.6 ,2.6,1.2 options as s1 s2 s3 ...see if it works

I have wait for vsync enabled in settings.exe with D3DOverrider running and pes2010.exe with its own profile. I also have frame skipping unchecked because it takes quite a powerful system to run the game in the first place.

what system are you running?

Motherboard: Abit AV8 3d eye (AGP slot)
SYSTEM RAM: 3GB SDRAM
CPU: AMD64 OPTERON 185 dual core
GPU: ATI HD 3850 AGP ram ddr3 512Mb
O.S.: Windwos 7 x64 ultimate

and this is what my SETTING.EXE show:

specifichepcpes2010.png

I play on my 28" HANNSg HG281 monitor, at 1920x1200 of native resolution, in high details at 60 frames per seconds (tested with fraps)

the same way the game runs on my laptop Clevo M860TU with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and GPU 9800M when I use it at 1920x1200 resolution with my monitor connected...

PS:salidarius use rivatuner to overclock your GPU (core)...sure you have a good fan cooling

Last edited:

Thank you so much for all the tips, i will try to implement them all as soon as possible.

The game runs smooth on middle type systems, you really don´t need a quad core or the highest high end videocard to run PES. But i am starting to suspect that because of the different programming of Win7, the system itself draws lots or resources from the videocard making it vital that CPU is more powerful. Yet the strange thing is, that i have seen tons of the same complaints on the web by users that have high end systems.

I will let you all know how it worked out........

THANKS!!!!:WORSHIP:

Make sure the refresh rate of your monitor is 60 hertz, I had this problem myself!!

Make sure the refresh rate of your monitor is 60 hertz, I had this problem myself!!

If you have an Nvidia video card with the monitor that indicates 59 Hz rather than 60, you may be able to do it manually go to 60 hz simply set the control panel of your video card, creating a personal profile (add resolutions) that goes to 60,001 hz ...
With ATI video card, that is not possible from the control panel...

Last edited:

Try a very small but useful prog Refreshlock. It works in my w7 64 and fixed refresh rate to 60Hz.:BYE:
Saludos

EDIT: My card ATI 4850

Last edited:

If you have an Nvidia video card with the monitor that indicates 59 Hz rather than 60, you may be able to do it manually go to 60 hz simply set the control panel of your video card, creating a personal profile (add resolutions) that goes to 60,001 hz ... With ATI video card, that is not possible from the control panel...

Try a very small but useful prog Refreshlock. It works in my w7 64 and fixed refresh rate to 60Hz.
Saludos

My system is set to 60HZ here's some pics......

axgn6t.png

And Here's the custom resolutions screen....

112adfl.png

Are there any settings here that need to be altered? And a quick question for you guys, what builds are you using of Win7??? I am using 7600 RTM. I installed Left4Dead 2 yesterday works like a charm, but i love PES more than any other game. So i will try the refreshlock and if that does not work, i will try and do a fresh install of Win7.

Hey guys i just wanted to give you an update on my situation, i actually found a pleasant solution.

1. I created a 80GB partition on my WD CAVIAR GREEN 1TB HDD, and reinstalled windows XP professional.
  2. Next thing i did was reinstall the drivers etc and finally PES 2010.
  3. Everything runs awesome!
  4. Yes this is how desparate i was to play my favorite game...... And of course i realized how much i miss XP.

This was really the cheapest option, because i am guessing that buying another videocard [*ATI*cough] would actually solve the problem in Win7. Win7 seems to not love PES+9600GT.......

Just a small sample of the problems i was having:

1. Jittering image
  2. Slowdowns
  3. Pes settings did not allow me to play higher then 1280x720
  4. Pes settings indicated that 9600GT did not have sufficient amount of shaders and vram ROFL.......
  5. Pes settings screen indicated wrong GHz of my CPU (instead of 2.19GHz it showed 2.00 or it changed to something else)

I think i am going to perform small upgrade on my PC and switch over to a more powerful CPU and motherboard and in time a new videocard (preferably one that actually works 100% with Win7 x64)

For people that still have problems with this crap, stop fighting and create a dual boot (if you have the space on your HDD) It will take away the pain.

The best guide i found for doing this can be found here:

How to dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7 (XP installed first)

You can also find guides on how to dual boot with other systems in every single way, say for instance you already have another system installed etc...... You can find these guides using the drop-down tab.

So again thank you for all your help!:APPLAUD:

2ugjbc8.jpg

I'm having the same problem.

I had Windows Vista Home Premium and the game ran smoothly, i've recently installed (clean install) Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and now the game is unplayable because of the frame rate.

Another strange thing is that in the settings.exe's Specifications tab, my RAM, Graphics card and VRAM were rated as 'Good' but now all but my RAM are rated as OK.

My Specs:

Acer 6920G
Intel Core 2Duo T5750 2.0Ghz
4Gb DDR2
Nvidia GeForce 9500M GS 512Mb

I've tried changing the v-sync and frame skipping settings but to no avail. Don't really know what to do next tbh.

edit: Just installed an older driver for the 9500M and now the specs are showing up as all Good apart from the processor, this is how it was under Vista but the game is still running the same way, really choppy and unplayable.

2nd Edit:

Well i had a look in my task manager and noticed an SVCHost that was using between 82 and 90% of my processor, and the description was "Dirt2.exe", i do have Dirt 2 on this laptop but i had restarted it a couple of times with the driver installations so dirt 2 shouldn't have been running, turns out it was a virus. Now Pro Evo's running smoothly again :D

Last edited:

I got Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
my CPU is:
Core 2 Quad Q8200
Ge-Force 9600 GSO (768mb ram/128bits}
4GB ram

Not a single lag and Kitserver is on FULL POWER.

Disables UseForceFeedback from 1 to 0 for that if caught using the emulator for X-Box360 joystick

I have:

Win 7 x64 4GB ram,proc 3,5 Ghz and ATI 4870 with new drivers.

When i play normaly it runs ok,but when i play at LOD max to right it begains to stutter. Every i don't know 5sec it stutters and so on...
I have D3Doverrider and Vsync forced on.
It doesn't metter if i play on 1360x760 or 1680x1050 it stutters when LOD is at max.
Any solution?

Back
Top Bottom