Windows 7 59HZ Problem

Es88

League 2
2 December 2006
M. Tel Aviv
Guys, i have windows 7, and my windows settings is stucked on
59HZ insted of 60.
this minor change, cancel the V-Sync in PES, and the game work in lags.. i tryed many things, drivers, didn't find a solution for this.
somebody know this problem? have a solution ?

i found Microsoft 'answer' for this:

Certain monitors report a TV-compatibility timing of 59.94Hz. Therefore, Windows 7 exposes two frequencies, 59Hz and 60Hz, for every resolution that is supported at that timing. The 59Hz setting makes sure that a TV-compatible timing is always available for an application such as Windows Media Center. The 60Hz setting maintains compatibility for applications that expect 60Hz.

In Windows 7, when a user selects 60Hz, the OS stores a value of 59.94Hz. However, 59Hz is shown in the Screen refresh rate in Control Panel, even though the user selected 60Hz.

Last edited:
Guys, i have windows 7, and my windows settings is stucked on
59HZ insted of 60.
this minor change, cancel the V-Sync in PES, and the game work in lags.. i tryed many things, drivers, didn't find a solution for this.
somebody know this problem? have a solution ?

i found Microsoft 'answer' for this:

Certain monitors report a TV-compatibility timing of 59.94Hz. Therefore, Windows 7 exposes two frequencies, 59Hz and 60Hz, for every resolution that is supported at that timing. The 59Hz setting makes sure that a TV-compatible timing is always available for an application such as Windows Media Center. The 60Hz setting maintains compatibility for applications that expect 60Hz.

In Windows 7, when a user selects 60Hz, the OS stores a value of 59.94Hz. However, 59Hz is shown in the Screen refresh rate in Control Panel, even though the user selected 60Hz.

You have to create a new screen-solution manually in nvidia-CP.
there you can force the refresh rate to 60 hz !!!

Try a little program RefreshLock, works fine on my win7 64

Hope works for you

Cheers
:TTTH:

You have to create a new screen-solution manually in nvidia-CP.
there you can force the refresh rate to 60 hz !!!

i'm working with ATI Hd4770.. so i don't know how it's work in ATI.

about refresh lock like the other guys suggest, i don't think it work with Ati.

i'm working with ATI Hd4770.. so i don't know how it's work in ATI.

about refresh lock like the other guys suggest, i don't think it work with Ati.

Refreshlock works perfectly, I'm using it now on Win7 64 Ultimate and an ATi 4970HD. Just set your preferred resolution in Refreshlock to 60Hz and then the tick box in Settings is enabled.

Refreshlock works perfectly, I'm using it now on Win7 64 Ultimate and an ATi 4970HD. Just set your preferred resolution in Refreshlock to 60Hz and then the tick box in Settings is enabled.

yeah i test it, i think it works good, m.. you have to do it every time you boot your pc?

for nvidia it works if you install latest drivers (beta) and you create a custom resolution with 60.001 refresh rate in nvidia control panel

Back
Top Bottom