1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Will Pes2008 be playable on a USA/Can PS3 ?

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by profit90, 18 August 2007.

1. profit90

profit90 Forza Reggina

28 August 2004
    Reggina Calcio
    wondering...

2. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    All PS3 games are region-free so I don't see why not

3. Lorde Vader

Lorde Vader Non-League

20 June 2006
    Its not correct. The PS3's games aren't region free.

I have a USA one and bought a Japanese game recently. Guess what? Doesnt work... The same as European games. . .

4. maltonfc

maltonfc Guest

5. profit90

profit90 Forza Reggina

28 August 2004
    Reggina Calcio
    perhaps it was just that particular jap game that was region-locked

6. bige1919

bige1919 Frenchy

28 November 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Arsenal
    It also depends on the type of TV you have. I've read that some games from a different region will have trouble playing on your tv, although the article said that most new hdtv's do not have this problem. Lets hope this is true, I don't want to wait till next spring to play this game since I live in the states.

7. dmxdex2020

dmxdex2020 Premiership

30 June 2005
    England
    Arsenal
    american tvs are ntsc and european tvs are pal so im not sure how u get around that cause i might move to states with my english ps3 so i best be able to play american games and use a tv for the games lol.

8. Bobo21

Bobo21 League 2

25 July 2002
    New York
    Juventus
    PES games have always had the option of switching to NTSC mode before bootup - I don't see why that won't continue with 2008.

9. The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep League 2

3 September 2005
    What game?
    What does it say?

It is down to the developer if they put region locking on games, but all games are meant to be region free.

10. iceobar

iceobar Tyneside Amateur League

3 September 2003
    Phoenix - unfortantely
    Watford FC
    yeah all ps3 and psp games are supposed to be region free, i have a US ps3 and a UK psp and games from different regions work on the different consoles. Tigerwoods (from england) works on my ps3 as does rainbow six

11. bige1919

bige1919 Frenchy

28 November 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Arsenal
    does it allow you to play online with the games you bought from UK?

12. iceobar

iceobar Tyneside Amateur League

3 September 2003
    Phoenix - unfortantely
    Watford FC
    yes

13. bige1919

bige1919 Frenchy

28 November 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Arsenal
    Take a look at the bottom of this link, it says that pes2008 is going to be region locked to PAL. I wonder if this is true, if it is that sucks for us over in the states who were looking forward to playing it.

14. ThaiCowman

ThaiCowman Non-League

21 June 2007
    I read somewhere that pal / ntsc doesn't matter if you have a hdtv, using a hdmi cable, can anyone confirm if this is true? I have an asian ps3 and am looking to get pro e-vo from the uk

15. ThaiCowman

ThaiCowman Non-League

21 June 2007
    Oh yeah, and that link from play is wrong - checked it out and it says it for all the ps3 games, some of which like warhawk, i know for a fact that the uk game will work on asian system

16. foss

foss League 2

4 August 2003
    austin
    if you're using 720p, 1080i or 1080p then you'll be fine. PAL/NTSC is only for standard definition.

17. juangui16

juangui16 Non-League

6 August 2005
    How do I know if the PS3 is region free??? all my US games say they are REGION 1, and on the US PS3 BOX theres the symbol of the globe (regions symbol) with an A on it and other two symbols with a 1. What do I do???, i want to preorder mine, but I dont want to waste mony on a game that Im not sure if its going to be played. I wanted to contact Konami directly to ask this question but I dont find any contact info.

18. rickyricc

rickyricc The red D3V1LS!!

6 March 2005
    Florida
    Man Utd
    Correct, lucky i have a HDTV then.. Ill mostly likely get mine from Shopto.net, looks the cheapest out of everyone, should save me a few bucks..

19. rickyricc

6 March 2005
    Florida
    Man Utd
    Soz double post... All PS3's are region free since Sony announced it when they were released.. It doesnt matter about regions only on DVD's etc but not on games.. If u have a SDTV u might have some problems with the image etc but if u have a HDTV then ur all set..

20. razormty

razormty WEMEXICO.COM

12 August 2003
    Monterrey, Mexico
    I was wondering , I have a HDTV and PS3 US

I've been looking on Ebay UK site and almost every PES 2008 says:

Platform : Playstation 3
    Age restriction : TBC
    Game Developer : Konami
    Game Publisher : Konami
    Release Date : October 26th 2007
    Format : PAL (UK/EU/AUS/NZ)
    (This game will only work on PAL consoles)

and also other one says:

PAL: Will play on UK and European Playstation3 only

21. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Are the rest of you suggesting, this option isn't there anymore for PES 2008? :shock: :|

I don't have PS3. I have PS2 but am still wondering about this.

22. razormty

razormty WEMEXICO.COM

12 August 2003
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Any news on this?

23. ticosurfer

ticosurfer Non-League

15 February 2006
    Costa Rica
    Yeah, region codes are not the problem. The games don't come set for specific regions. They come set for specific consoles, so if the game is for a pal system (europe), it won't work on the ntsc system (america) unless it has the option to switch modes like previous games.
    So the question is:
    Can you switch modes from pal to ntsc in PES2008?
    It also applies to the ps2 version.

24. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Let's f'n hope so otherwise a lot of us are F***ed!!! ](*,)

I don't see why they'd take out that option when game starts which they've had in so many previous versions.

But then again, with Nokami, you never know. :roll:
    It's not unlike them to take out things that are working fine just for the sake of it.....

25. ticosurfer

ticosurfer Non-League

15 February 2006
    Costa Rica
    The word on the forums is that NTSC option is included.

26. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    I've been told the same thing. :)

I hope it's true. [-o<

27. rickyricc

6 March 2005
    Florida
    Man Utd
    Would be alot easier if Konami just released the game in America at the same time like Fifa.. Why do we have to wait till next yr, seems kinda dumb!!:shock::roll:

28. Blublub

Blublub Conference

17 May 2002
    Because Konami marketing is run by brainless drones who decide, every year, that we Yanks actually get excited about the start of the MLS in the spring rather than the proper leagues in the fall. After loads of us import it they then wonder why sales of the US version are disappointing.