Why ?

milan

Non-League
10 September 2003
rst of all dont get me wrong, I love PES (ISS) and have been playing it for a decade, but there are some things I really dont understand. Before I go on I have to say that this is my first PES for PC..... I am waiting for PS2 version. What i want to say is this. Were there no beta testers (maybe thats what we are) for this game at all.

It all looks nice and shiny after first couple of games, but after this all hell breakes loose:

- in my last 30 games (playing with Chievo) a totall of 76 goals were scored (me and opponent) of which 55 were either from a corner (19) or after my GK makes a save and they score from a rebound (36). In my book this alone is enough to make this game unplayable, but of course like most of you I too am a football freak and continue to loose my nerves (and joypads)

- did those guys ever watch a football game in their life. Tackle is NOT another term for a yellow card, for f*** sake. They could of just left the tackle button with no action on deffense, or call it last resort button

- when we are in counter attack and (become a legend) and my winger gets ahead a SB, why the heck doesnt he cross the ball......we are all ther just waiting for the ball......no he has to stop wait for the SB to catch him and take the ball

- does a simple throw in has to be so complicated. When ever I have a throw in close to my goal my best bet is to pray they dont loose it

- why do I fell like I am playing somewhere near the Amazon during the rain season. I mean does every second game has to rain like crazy

Having said all that (cant think of more, although I know there is), gone get back to earning my self a good transfer in BAL, coz as I said, I am just a football junkie, but KONAMI better get their act straight, or else.....

P.S.

A question. Is the same team of people behind PC version and PS2 version?

Last edited:
i think, you don't have enough practice in the pes next-gen version, i think now the ps2 team has changed, and the core of konami team has moved to next-gen of pes.

i think, you don't have enough practice in the pes next-gen version, i think now the ps2 team has changed, and the core of konami team has moved to next-gen of pes.

This is all true but all those things I stated remain. Well I played PES on PS2, PS3 and now on PC, and if anyone who played it on all those platforms doesnt admit that GAMEPLAY- vise PS2 is the best one is clearly lying.

First off it makes sense that the PS2 version in terms of gameplay would be the best as that's the console they know like the back of their hand. It's the HD/online that's a big new challenge for them now.

I have to say that I was not at all impressed with the new next gen PES...but it has grown on me now that I am more and more getting the hang of it and appreciating the fact that they basically did a 180 in gameplay in that now the buildup play is mostly absolutely full of close control movement, aerial passing is miles better than any PES before it and finally...the shooting...hated it at first but now I am grateful that now it's basically got to be totally right otherwise the shot WILL not go in, basically now it means that just because ur in on goal by no means equals as good as an auto goal like in all other PES games...and I think that's the problem IMO is that people don't like the new PES because they perceive it as radically different to the old PES (and it is but for the better imo) and yet it is much more advanced a shooting system than before and in my opinion much more realistic and the game is much better for it in my opinion.

PES in the past basically degenerated into who could score the sexiest goal....whereas in this one I feel allows for an actual competetive football match to take place and one where a goal means something and really could end the match.

I didn't like it at first and I've played every Evo game religiously since ISS but honestly the game does grow on you once you understand the new shooting mechanics and ball physics. The best thing you can do is unlearn the PES shooting system you are used to and try to accept this one for what it is and you will see like I did that it's a better game for it but I think that's the ultimate problem....alot of PES fans don't like it because it's not what they are used to.

Shooting was my main gripe at first I hated the fact that I seemingly had no control over my shots and yet now I have the hang of it more and now that I understand what they did because of it I can appreciate how it makes the game better by better mimmicking real life football/shooting. Try to stick with it would be my advice because I've been there and the game does grow on you. Online is better too....still abit laggy on Xbox Live but with daily maintenence and servers to connect to at least they are actively trying to sort it. Always nice to see.

I still think Fifa on Xbox360 is overall the better game but PES still plays a better game of football and has better multiplayer.

I'm just very greatful to have 2 great footy games to play this year (when I get a 360 for Fifa hehe...I never thought I'd ever say that!)

PES in the past basically degenerated into who could score the sexiest goal....whereas in this one I feel allows for an actual competetive football match to take place and one where a goal means something and really could end the match.

But now it comes down to who can score the ugliest goal, with most deflections of the defenders and GK's

Not true at all....I've scored a few belters on this new game only recently now that I'm getting to grips with the shooting. I state again that all it takes is perceverence, practice and an open mind and you will see that this years PES is alot better than you initially thought it was.

Like I said most haters don't like it because it's either too hard and jarring for them in the first place because it's not quite the same as before due to the ball physics and player positioning being alot more advanced than before.

I agree with threadstarter and i'Ev played this game for years as well..If you play ML you won't get frustrated with the shooting but in BAL when you have like 2 or 3 chances it annoys the fuck outta you..

Your defenders are the dumbest people aroud it doesn't make any sense to shoot the ball out of the stadium while another plAyer is free on the wing

It's also bullshit that when you run towards the middle of the 16 instead of your fellow attackers clearing out for and making space instead run towards you which results in you shooting against them ( another bullshit cheat from the AI) I think that's one of the first things you learn at soccer..keep the field as open and wide as possible..

It doesn't make sense that when you play your team can't play for shit or reach the backline but once your substituted your teams knocks the ball around like fucking pro's..

A LOT OF YEARS HAVE PASSED AND STILL KONAMI CAN'T CREATE AN AI THAT DOESN'T NEED CHEATS TO BE COMPETITIVE..WHICH IMO ..IS BULLSHIT

Back
Top Bottom