Why not?

phrase

Tactician
12 December 2002
Little Mancunia
In the light of Sir Alex Ferguson's rant lately...Why not have foreign referees plying their trade in the Premiership? I mean,we have foreign players,some of the best in the world,showcasing their trade in the Premiership,England even now have a foreign manager in Fabio Capello...foreign ownership of clubs,foreign sponsorships...name it,the Premiership has it....Why not foreign,european standard referees? Discuss...

:-!

I think it would ruin our game.

The ref we had against AC Milan was Whistle happy. It was like he swallowed the bloody whistle!!!!! and everytime he moved or spke it went off!!!

Our game flows more and is fast paced (Which I like) - Foreign Refs would slow it all down and I wouldn't like it personally.

They also except diving more - which I can't stand.

Sorry if I have made sweeping Generalisations - But I don't think it would be good for the league :DD

Well this has gone down like a lead balloon!!! Maybe change the Title of the Thread?

People might not be sure what its about.

Ferguson is a big twat. Maybe a great manager but certainly a very bad looser...
English referees aren't worse than others...
i didn't hear him complain when the Pedro Mendes goal against Man Utd wasn't given...

In the end it all evens out in a season.
Now the match against Pompey was in a Cup, Ferguson should blame his players who messed up before goal...all the rest is bullshit.

I think it would ruin our game.

The ref we had against AC Milan was Whistle happy. It was like he swallowed the bloody whistle!!!!! and everytime he moved or spke it went off!!!

Our game flows more and is fast paced (Which I like) - Foreign Refs would slow it all down and I wouldn't like it personally.

They also except diving more - which I can't stand.

Word ! I like to watch Prem Games more as Champions League. I hate this bloody divers in Champions League, Bundesliga etc. each bodycontact is a whistle here in germany :-ll
be happy that your prem league matches run almost continue, on bundesliga you have each 30-60 seconds a whistle

Last edited:
I think foreign refs would also change the English way of playing.Robust challenges would be completely out.What I want to hear is about the standard of refereeing outside England.Refs from the Serie A are generally known to be strict but what about those in the La Liga and the Bundesliga? Is it really worse than it is in England?

In the light of Sir Alex Ferguson's rant lately...Why not have foreign referees plying their trade in the Premiership? I mean,we have foreign players,some of the best in the world,showcasing their trade in the Premiership,England even now have a foreign manager in Fabio Capello...foreign ownership of clubs,foreign sponsorships...name it,the Premiership has it....Why not foreign,european standard referees? Discuss...

:-!

We have enough foreign imports in the English game as it is, we don't need MORE. :))

Back
Top Bottom