1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Why not?

Discussion in 'Football' started by phrase, 12 March 2008.

1. phrase

phrase Tactician

12 December 2002
    Little Mancunia
    In the light of Sir Alex Ferguson's rant lately...Why not have foreign referees plying their trade in the Premiership? I mean,we have foreign players,some of the best in the world,showcasing their trade in the Premiership,England even now have a foreign manager in Fabio Capello...foreign ownership of clubs,foreign sponsorships...name it,the Premiership has it....Why not foreign,european standard referees? Discuss...

:-!

2. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    I think it would ruin our game.

The ref we had against AC Milan was Whistle happy. It was like he swallowed the bloody whistle!!!!! and everytime he moved or spke it went off!!!

Our game flows more and is fast paced (Which I like) - Foreign Refs would slow it all down and I wouldn't like it personally.

They also except diving more - which I can't stand.

Sorry if I have made sweeping Generalisations - But I don't think it would be good for the league :DD

3. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    Well this has gone down like a lead balloon!!! Maybe change the Title of the Thread?

People might not be sure what its about.

4. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Ferguson is a big twat. Maybe a great manager but certainly a very bad looser...
    English referees aren't worse than others...
    i didn't hear him complain when the Pedro Mendes goal against Man Utd wasn't given...

In the end it all evens out in a season.
    Now the match against Pompey was in a Cup, Ferguson should blame his players who messed up before goal...all the rest is bullshit.

5. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    If ferguson had to put up with portuguese referees he would go crazy.
    He should give thanks that he has those to put up with.

6. FCH

FCH In Dubio Pro Alemania

14 December 2003
    Cologne
    1.FC Köln/Celtic/St.Pauli
    Word ! I like to watch Prem Games more as Champions League. I hate this bloody divers in Champions League, Bundesliga etc. each bodycontact is a whistle here in germany :-ll
    be happy that your prem league matches run almost continue, on bundesliga you have each 30-60 seconds a whistle

Last edited: 12 March 2008
  7. phrase

phrase Tactician

12 December 2002
    Little Mancunia
    I think foreign refs would also change the English way of playing.Robust challenges would be completely out.What I want to hear is about the standard of refereeing outside England.Refs from the Serie A are generally known to be strict but what about those in the La Liga and the Bundesliga? Is it really worse than it is in England?

8. Plan M

Plan M Banned

27 September 2007
    Manchester United
    We have enough foreign imports in the English game as it is, we don't need MORE. :))