Why Konami???? Why???

Aragorn_CY

Non-League
20 September 2005
Hi all,

I used to play the previous PES on my PC until a friend of mine told me that it is better playing it on my Playstation3 since this game is meant to be played on the console. So i gave it a try.

Bought it the same day.And yes. It was so much better playing it on the Playstation3. Much better. It felt like i was in the game. Smoother and better moves. From that day on i never played it on my PC again. Until now.

Got Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 for my Playstation3 just a couple of days ago. I was so excited. Until i played it.

1. I always play using the wide camera mode. Players look so small. Tiny.
2. There are frame rate issues. Oh yes there are. I will not accept this. Not from a next generation game. Actually after playing 2 games on a row i got a headache. Especially during replays.
You might say that these are just 2 small problems. For me these are huge issues.

I also got the game for the PC. Much better graphics compared to last years PES. No frame rate issues here. Wide camera mode is excellent. I can not find anything to complain about. Really.

Seems to me like i will be playing it on the PC again.

Since PS1 I loved playing PES but PES2008 for PS3 is a joke to the consumer market.

Konami will loose many PES Fans since FIFA08 first time is quite better playable. I never thought I would say something like that in my life.

I´m really disappointed too.

i'm playin on my latop and i thought that this year it's just a crappy cut-off from x-box version, so people playing on PS3 and PS2 have actually better game. damn. i was even thinking about buyin PS3 because of that.

so now i'm just gonna wait...

i'm playin on my latop and i thought that this year it's just a crappy cut-off from x-box version, so people playing on PS3 and PS2 have actually better game. damn. i was even thinking about buyin PS3 because of that.

so now i'm just gonna wait...

dont touch it on ps3 it will make you ill with jerky issues in game on on replays which are way to fast to enjoy i have had it 1 day and no longer wont to play it,
had a go on frinds 360 version could not see any jerky issues apart from replays

So you all agree with me.

One thing that i actually forgot to mention is (one of you said it already) is the replays.

I really enjoyed watching the replays of the last PES on the PS3.
Now the replays on the PS3 is a joke. Fast, full of frame issues, hard to control. Its like watching a cartoon style replay.

If you can play Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 on a PC please tell me your opinion. I think that the PC version is the best this year. Its the same as the previous PES but with much better graphics.

One more thing. I also played Fifa 2008 on an Xbox360 console and i was amazed at the improvement EA made this year. Excellent controls, graphics, the pace is right and no frame issues at all. Excellent work EA. Shame on you Konami.

One Question : Can you please explain to me how i can copy the game to the PS3 hard disk? In the menu there is an option "install data". Is that it? Where do i go in the PS3 menu to find it and load it?
Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom