Why does this happen? Take 2!!!

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
evo.jpg

It's only sometimes when I load Evo Web too, fucking bizarre and annoying the fuck out of me!

Re: Why does this happen?

Shouldn't this be in site comments?

but while im here why does my Firefox always have a left to right scroll bar at the bottom of these forums?

I have emptied my cache and tried narrow and diddly squat happens

whats narrow meant to look like becuase mine always look like this whatever i choose

Last edited:

Hmmm. No idea, Tim. If you could let us know the browser/version you use I can have a look. I test it in IE, Firefox and Opera, though, so there shouldn't be anything amiss in the code. If you're using Firefox do you have any extensions etc. running? Is it always the same image that flops?

Coopz, you shouldn't have a horizontal scroll bar once the window is wide enough to accomodate the minimum width (around the size of the logo/banner section at the top). Narrow has a fixed width, again just big enough for the top section. What resolution is your display set at?

Last edited by a moderator:

1024 x 768

while your here can we update the smileys to some newer ones?

That's the lower limit for the design I think, if you have anything else taking up horizontal space, removing them would be the only way to sort it. That and curse the shoddy code.

I've just added a whole new smiley as requested by CW :oooh:, how many more do you want for fuck's sake?

Cheers Mart,

I use Firefox 2.0.0.1.1 and run two add-ons: ForecastFox and MinimizeToTray

Yes, it's only that other game discussion picture that flops! And it's not every time I load the site either, I'd say it's about 3 times out of 10.

http://www.vbulletinsmileys.com/modern-forum-smiley-pack/

just an update of our very old ones that have been around since the dawn of time :)

oh and some new Xbox and PS ones

Thanks sweetpea :)
Nice one Coopz! I'd say replace all the old ones with these new ones, but if we can't find newer versions of some of our old ones then just leave those old ones as they are!

Have I confused anyone there? :D

That smiley pack looks alright actually. Does anyone want to decide which of the current ones should stay? I'm keeping the new one for whenever we refer to CW :oooh:. In fact if I can make it appear automatically whenever CW :oooh: is mentioned, I will.

Cheers for the info, Tim, I shall investigate.

No, why do you ask? :)

Just a rare lunchtime at my desk.

I can't replicate that FF issue. If it happens again can you view and save the source code of the page and PM it to me?

I've got the same issue as Tim, it's been happening since the server move but I didn't complain about it. (Before you say "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH JACK BAUER?!", go and suck yourself.)

If I middle-click a forum heading, thus opening it in a new tab, it fixes the alignment issue. It's as if the site is adjusting for the "tab gap" at the top of the page, even when it's not there because you've only got one site open.

Same browser, same version, only addon is Adblock.

just a bit off topic ere.. but as i can't post a new topic i have no choice.. why cant i start new threads ?

I want to post an option file for pro evo but cant..

thanks..

Last edited:

You need to have made 5 posts to be able to start your own thread

I'm using Safari 3.1 now and I don't think this has happened again since I started using it! I'll keep a proper eye out for it from now on :)).

Well I'm not switching from my trusty Firefox but it's still going on with me, but not all the time. It's weird, once the site is cached it seems to work fine, but clear it out and it's wonky again.

I still have no idea what is causing it. When Tim had the issue before he saved the source of the page for me and that opened fine with no issues too. One to monitor at the moment I'm afraid.

No problem mate. As I said on Safari it doesn't happen and I always use Safari now, (PC, laptop, iPhone), so it's not causing me a problem anymore :)).

Randomly it's just happened to me for the first time! Oh well. Just a tiny bit of coding or something probably.

Err, OK, I have a new one for ya Mart: I clicked on "The Things That Piss Me Off" thread, and this came up...

ermmm.jpg

:SHOCK: :SS :anx:

Roughly translated it says "those who have gone off FIFA 08 after playing the Euro 2008 demo go to heaven", over and over again.

Nope. I wasn't messing around with templates for a test and that message never appeared. Nor did the one about the T_VARIABLE before anyone mentions it.

Back
Top Bottom