Why do I keep getting last season's kits on Vista?

alvin01

Non-League
30 August 2006
Before you tell me it's because I haven't got this season's kits, let me explain.

On my desktop PC running Xp, I've installed Kitserver V6.5.3 with Season 07/08 kits and updated to PES Revolution Option File V4.1 and everything works fine. However, on my laptop running Vista with all the same updates installed in the same manner, I get Season 06/07 kits - the Season 07/08 away kits of Liverpool and Chelsea are dead giveaways, as are both kits of Man Utd.

It's really bizarre. And the best part is on a visual inspection of the "uni" folder in Kitserver, it's clear that it contains the Season 07/08 kits. The Season 06/07 kits of Liverpool and Chelsea are no where to be found. So why do they show up in game on my laptop?

I'm really stumped and would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

Cheers

Alvin

Just stumbled upon a fix for this while looking through the PESFan forum. Managed to get the current season's kits when I set PES6.exe to run as Administrator.

I'm still curious how the previous season's kits turned up in the first place, seeing how they aren't even in the "uni" folder.

Cheers

Alvin

Setting PES6.exe to run as Administrator does allow me go get this season's kits but the screen tear problem in Vista persists.

The screen tear problem can however be overcome by running RivaTuner 2.04 which comes with D3D Overrider (can be downloaded from http://www.guru3d.com/ - many thanks to Saekerhett on PESFan forum for the tip).

There's a catch though. The D3D Overrider works only if I do not set PES6.exe to run as Administrator. When I do so, the screen tear comes back, even though the D3D Overrider is set to force VSync on for Direct3D8 - 10.

So it seems like I'm back to square one on the kits issue. It's one or the other for me at the moment - play without screen tear but put up with last season's kits or play with this season's kit and bear with the screen tear.

But surely I shouldn't be compromising.

It's really bizarre and quite exasperating! As far as I can determine, the Season 06/07 kits are not in my uni folder (only the Season 07/08 kits are) so I'm really perplexed as to why they appear in game.

Any ideas on how I can solve this would be much appreciated.

Regards

Alvin

Back
Top Bottom