Why are so few football players inventive in their play

for me a star player is not a player who has the skill in strenght or legs, but in brain.. in terms of skills any player can make runs, any better can make dribble or score a good free kick..but there is very few not physically big players who have the idea or football brain like no other.. combined with skill and personal quality you only can pick very few players this days like that... + of course they need to perform for longer than one season to be considered legends..that´s why i don´t like if a player wins golden ball for good 2 weeks in world cup matches...

Would players like Andrea Pirlo, Paul Scholes fit into that category? love watching them pull the strings in midfield.

Tbh, I love watching guy's like Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldo.

For me guy's like Walcott and Bale rely too much on their pace, I prefer people in the mould of Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Silva and players of that ilk compared to fast runners (maybe a bit harsh a phrase).

FD

For me guy's like Walcott and Bale rely too much on their pace

I think this is directly comparable to a fat and ugly girl that claims beauty comes from the inside... (not implying you are fat, or a girl)
-It is simply not true, even though it sounds plausible.

FYI, Bale's last three goals are direct free kicks... rely on pace my ass. He relies on his strengths, like everyone else.

Last edited:
Agreed, Bale has a great shot too. He used to be a bit relient on his pace, but he's started to play a bit like a second striker now. Of course he still uses his pace a lot, but his shot and cross and great too.

Back
Top Bottom