Who's your favourite ML Default?

Orhainmalz

League 2
16 March 2018
England
Arsenal F.C.
Mine has to be Vorlander, or Ruskin. The former's height makes him win almost every aerial battle and that makes him a great defender despite mostly low stats - I could never really get on so well with his successor, Libermann.

Ruskin has a potential of around 81 in PES 5 (which is reduced to only 75 in PES 6???) and is a good wing-back and side-back with amazing stamina and speed for a default. His predecessor is good too (Eddington).

Least favourite is Zamenhof. A defender would be a better goalkeeper than him, based on his PES 2 stats. He could at least have been introduced as a 17 year old and not as a 28 year old.

I think Minanda for me as in real football I love to watch a creative player. The greatest player I've ever seen live was Robert Prosinecki, an absolute genius with a football. He could pick out a pass that you couldn't even see was on from the stands. I'd have paid to watch him kick a ball around the garden.

I always like to see those creative players that are plying their trade in lower leagues and Minanda just fits the bill for me. He makes me think of a player who has dropped down the leagues after being a star at his peak but can still strut his stuff on his day.

Notable mention must go to Espimas though. Castolo was generally a love-hate relationship!

Captain Cellini/Celnini, whatever it is. He incarnated the kind of player I love in real life too: the strong, charismatic central midfielder that takes by the hand the team whenever there is some hardship to go through (and that rarely gets the praise he deserves). Plus he was italian like me :D. I hated with a good passion his heir (Dodo), as he looked to me more like a washed out parody of Gattuso (which I already despise enough on himself :D).

And Fouque. The guy was pretty bad at about anything except from the shoot power, which I remember arriving at even more than 90 or something when you made him play enough. So I loved to have this catastrophic guy around that sometimes could punch an hole in the net, it really felt like a good characterization..

But generally speaking, I miss all this wonderful default guys, even the ones I despised. I really can't get over the fact Konami just deleted them from 2013 onwards, they were such a magnificent and truly significative sign of continuity of the whole saga. I still hope Konami will bring them back on the field one day, a way or another.

I really can't get over the fact Konami just deleted them from 2013 onwards, they were such a magnificent and truly significative sign of continuity of the whole saga. I still hope Konami will bring them back on the field one day, a way or another.

They actually did it in PES 2017, but in a most despicable way - as team managers in MyClub :(

If I'm allowed to mention ML hidden players too, then the most honorable mentions go to the absolute long-term beasts such as Bos (CB), Bradley (DM), Kaiser (CM), Camacho (CM).

Valeny

when I start a new master league on any PES i build from the back first and Valeny was the rock most of the time that would keep his place at CB was always strong for me and the best ball winner

Cellini could play OMF and DMF in PES1 too, which is useful.

@Orhainmalz , Celnili (those constant spelling changes), is one of the best of many utility midfielders in early PES, and you are right, he can fill in as an attacking midfielder if needed and can find a pass well.

But Espinas is the outstanding default player for, can play anwhere right or central, SB, DMF, SMF, even as an attacker if you have injuries. He scored a goal and made an assist in a Cup tie recently in PES 3 for me, earned 2000 ML points on his own. :GSCARF:

Valeny

when I start a new master league on any PES i build from the back first and Valeny was the rock most of the time that would keep his place at CB was always strong for me and the best ball winner

A real rock to be sure. I often played Valeny at right back as he was so quick and could make a good cross too, what a player. :WORSHIP:

My favourite default player is Castledine. Rated 71 or so initially, the Greek develops rapidly and once he acquires the hole player playing style ( or he already is, pardon me, can't remember well), he is a goal-getting midfielder. Charismatic and young, he is the future legend of the fictitious default team.

Did like Cellini and CAstolo myself.

As mentioner Vorlander was a good CB with that height.

I.also liked the youth player Castolos or something, Greek guy with a whack of hair bit had decent height and ability.

FD

A real rock to be sure. I often played Valeny at right back as he was so quick and could make a good cross too, what a player. :WORSHIP:
His stamina was around 85 in PES1, which if we took PES2 stat deciding into count would be high 90s but they nerfed every ML default in 2 somewhat, to say it how kids say it

His stamina was around 85 in PES1, which if we took PES2 stat deciding into count would be high 90s but they nerfed every ML default in 2 somewhat, to say it how kids say it

Yep, they nerfed all the ML default players for a few editions to amp up the difficulty, then in PES 4 they gave the option of picking a full club squad from the start, did some fans go all FIFA soft I wonder and moaned to Konami HQ ?

Yep, they nerfed all the ML default players for a few editions to amp up the difficulty, then in PES 4 they gave the option of picking a full club squad from the start, did some fans go all FIFA soft I wonder and moaned to Konami HQ ?
You could only swap 3 players in PES4. The replacement of every player came in PES5.
I tend to keep 4/5 defaults and replace the rest in 5 with average young players. I never pick then huge players :p since im bit crap at pes but want a challenge a bit ^^

Macco just thumped one into the top corner from fifteen yards in the Divison 2 Cup final. The only goal in the game. What is it about the default players and their amazing abilities that defy the lowly stats they have ?

:BAND:

I'm a Cellini man, he was a handsome dude to boot.

didn't like the subtle name changes throughout the old PES years, Cellini was much more pronounceable then celnili. Castello > Castolo etc

didn't like the subtle name changes throughout the old PES years, Cellini was much more pronounceable then celnili. Castello > Castolo etc

I have just re-signed him in PES 3, he legged it on a free transfer to another club, had to give a salary hike to get him back. :SHOCK:

I was always an Eddington fan. A little Scottish terrier at LB, he had a great cross on him. I was gutted when he was replaced by Ruskin.

Yeh, Konami were quite cheap back in the early days. They did not even have the rights to the default players names it seems and even the faux names of real players kept getting messed around with. John Hartson was Harts in PES 2 and Hartsmon in PES 3.

I mean wtf, baffling ? :THINK:

So when the ML players names changed did that mean they became fake AND fictional?
It's strange that I still refer to some of the older names yet some I can't remember them being any different.

http://www.offtheball.com/QUIZ:-Which-Pro-Evolution-Soccer-Master-League-player-are-you
I am....
Ordaz
b6f5cbf0-ded2-48a0-b1eb-4cf1d3c1df63.jpg

Back
Top Bottom