Who will win the Champion's League 2006 ?

Who will win the Champion's League 2006 ?

• FC Barcelona

Votes: 59 45.0%
  • Lyon

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Milan AC

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Juventus

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • Benfica

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Villareal

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Inter

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Ajax

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ooh_harry said:
the 3 'dark-horses' arsenal, lyon and benfica. Quiet teams always find a way of gate crashing the final especially in the last 4/5 years.

I don't think we should really call Lyon a dark-horse anymore. They've been tipped to go very far for the past three years and especially this year they are for many one of the favourites to go all the way.

Yeah exactly.

Lyon is one of the favs for CL this year so just can't be called "Dark-horse" in my opinion. Their squad is as good as any team in Europe and also big things were expected of them anyway at least from me before this year's CL even starts. It'd be a way bigger shock if I saw Liverpool win it again or Real this year which now won't happen so no surprises yet really.

Darkhorses would be more like Villarreal if they were to win cuz right now they haven't really over-achieved and we all expected to do a bit well but to come and win it that would be an upset or Rangers, so these are the type I'd call Dark-horse, not Lyon who is miles better than even those "Big-named teams".
More about this same issue I just wrote here:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=650894&postcount=4727

Arsenal vs.Juventus
Lyon vs. Milan AC
Inter or Ajax vs Villareal
Benfica vs FC Barcelona

Arsenal/Juventus VS. Inter or Ajax/Villareal
Lyon/Milan AC VS. Benfica/FC Barcelona

Benfica waved today an almost certain goodbye to the title race (0-0 at home with Naval, increasing the difference to 7 points to Porto and 5 points to Sporting with less than 10 games to go).. so... carefull overconfident barça... benfica will eat their balls out in those 2 games (and I'll be one amused outsider sitting on the stands in one of them, whatching :))

Mr Mauras, don't forget the penalty who wasn't assign in favour to Benfica agaisnt Naval, today.

Don't forget, CL is totally diferent than SLPT.

I prefer to lose 2 games with Barça, than lose 4 with Udinese and Halmstads BK. :lol:

haha inter vs villareal will be a big argentine party - thats like almost 8-9 players and a bigger south american game, tie of the round i think!

Pelintra said:
I prefer to lose 2 games with Barça, than lose 4 with Udinese and Halmstads BK. :lol:

hmm.. you already had a taste of that... before spending a year out of european competitions (a domestic record among the big 3 in Portugal) Benfica lost in the first UEFA cup round with... Halmstads. And the funny thing is that it was Mourinho in charge... not even the "special one" could compensate the "disaster" apeal of the sleeping giant.

PS - true, a penalty was taken from Benfica but you should thank anderson and marcel for the final result. As for penalties and other decisions... I haven't forgot how you won the title last season after 10 years :).

I think barca would possibly win in a final against Milan .. the fans of Paris will want barca because milan will be the one who will kick Lyon from the competition ... If it appeared to be in the other round .. then the final would be Barca vs. Juventus

neo17 said:
I think barca would possibly win in a final against Milan .. the fans of Paris will want barca because milan will be the one who will kick Lyon from the competition ... If it appeared to be in the other round .. then the final would be Barca vs. Juventus

Impossible, Barca vs Milan it's a possible semi final

AC Milan will win...

The 'CHEVY' is an unstoppable force(he wont screw up the penalty this year)...

..ok Im probably wrong so what?

tbh although milan and lyon are a v strong sides with balanced and efficient teams, i cant see anyone beating barca but they could prove me wrong. From the other side, its almost certain that the winners of the arsenal/juventus match will progress....with that said....that match is almost 50/50 IMO and depends on which team 'turns up' *hopes for juventus of Bremen*

You're all wrong boys. It'll be Villareal & Benfica... Not really. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom