1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Who has successfully kicked a drop shot in training?

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by dg32, 26 January 2007.

1. dg32

dg32 League 1

4 January 2006
    United States
    Mexico, Arsenal
    The one where you're supposed to kick it right before it hits the ground for a more powerful shot. I've tried it about 100 times and I will say that it can't be done. If anybody's done it, I'd love to know how the hell you did it.

2. mattym

mattym Banned

22 July 2005
    Nope i cant manage it either although when I do it, it looks exactly as the example but then says i have failed !!

3. therush

therush Non-League

23 April 2006
    It must be a bug then (It was easy in PES5), I also tried a hundred times...still no luck.

4. spoon71

spoon71 been there done that

10 November 2003
    yeah, bug...
    well i did it. it took me more then 10 times but finly i did it. and i repeated it serval times to be sure i can do it. so there no bug.
    i remember to hold r1 and run towards the ball just when it starts. when u close enough (1.5 - 2 steps from ball) press shot button. when i did it ball never was colse to the ground, it was always starting to fall from the highiest point. so not just when it hits the ground but far before.

if it doeasn't help, then sorry.
    just keep on tryin

5. Trance_Allstar

Trance_Allstar I love lamp

18 March 2006
    Sweden
    They probably adjusted the game engine, but didn't adjust the drop kick challenge to match the new parameters.

6. JustinAccurate

JustinAccurate Conference

4 August 2003
    Heading Shooto!
    Ive done it... took a while but got there. You dont even have to score - just do it right. Its just timing. Not that I can put it to use in a match! Even after I did it, I tried again and it took a few more times to do it again.

Not as hard as free kick training on 5 stars!

7. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

It is pure luck to pull off in a match, I normally just try and hit it if it falls nicely for a volley/half volley, and sometimes they do that dip.

8. vinC

vinC pesPRO

28 July 2006
    Belgium
    RSC Anderlecht
    You have to shoot after the ball bounces up. It's really not that difficult.. I can upload a video in wich I did it.

Last edited: 28 January 2007
  9. dg32

dg32 League 1

4 January 2006
    United States
    Mexico, Arsenal
    I'd love to see it if you wouldn't mind...

10. ForeverEvo

ForeverEvo Non-League

19 October 2006
    It's all about timing, I use R2 to time where I will be when the ball is about to touch the ground and then pump it. Once you get the hang of it then you should have no problems.

11. darkaug

darkaug PREMIERSHIP

21 June 2006
    u need to use a player with good shot technique imo

12. kdjac

kdjac League 2

3 May 2004
    Ireland
    Its actually a game trick to do it, like fighting a boss you just have to count the steps needed think its 2.5 then hit the ball. not much chance of it being useful in a match but it can be done.

kdjac

13. dg32

dg32 League 1

4 January 2006
    United States
    Mexico, Arsenal
    I use Thierry Henry who has a shot technique of around 97 in chimps-with-quiffs' modified superpatch option file. Still no results...

14. KingJoshi

KingJoshi Guest

After maybe a hundred attempts, I got it. But I didn't try to see if I could do it again. It seemed like a timing issue and that move would be nearly impossible to pull of in a game.

It didn't take as long as the Free Kick training only because it's faster to do the "Repeat Training" option on the drop kicks. I first tried the free kicks with Henry but later used Juninho. If I can't do it with Henry in training consistently, then why bother in a game with lesser caliber players? But I digress...

15. vinC

vinC pesPRO

28 July 2006
    Belgium
    RSC Anderlecht
    you should try to do it with villa. I'm gonna see if I can record it now..

16. vinC

vinC pesPRO

28 July 2006
    Belgium
    RSC Anderlecht
  17. craigdavis

craigdavis Guest

christ lol thats an easy one, this is for proevo6 right :) or is it the new WE11:ProEvo? either way i always pull them off in match

18. dg32

dg32 League 1

4 January 2006
    United States
    Mexico, Arsenal
    WOW, easiest thing I've ever done with Villa, did it on the second try. Henry for some reason insists on kicking it with his left foot. Must be because he has a 97 shot technique so he tries to get cute with it. Thanks for the video, vinC. I appreciate it!